PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Bridgewater to New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.

CISGS

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Looked solid in the preseason.

Too bad, I was thinking we might get him. He may not be as stable an alternative as Hoyer, but he would have been the more up-side one, and possibly even Brady's successor.

He is a guy, if on open market, I would like to see us bring to become Brady's replacement, even if only as a Bridge (pun not intended) till we get the right guy on the Draft. At the very least, he is better than Hoyer already.

Even if his injury has a long lasting impact (I dont think it would), I can see him becoming a good if not great QB in this league. He was awesome in Minnessota and looks like he is a hard-worker, overall nice guy

Saints are getting a good one, happy for them.

No way the Jets would have trade him to us but I was hoping that he somehow ended up a Pat. This is a really smart move by the Saints.

So he’ll sit behind Brees for a year, and then what? Are they prepared to outbid teams that are offering him a chance at a starting job next offseason?

So he’ll sit behind Brees for a year, and then what? Are they prepared to outbid teams that are offering him a chance at a starting job next offseason?

Brees could be like brady and play till in his 40s or maybe they will move on from Brees soon.

Jets got a 3rd for bridgewater

It seems like the jests got a 3rd rounder for bridgewater lol.

Hope his knee holds up and has a great career vs everyone but the NEP

Trade of Teddy Bridgewater to the Saints is expected to involve draft picks. And with Bridgewater headed to Saints, Sam Darnold now looks to be Jets opening-night starter.

LOL, four of the Jets first five opponents have pretty good DLs that like to get after the quarterback. He then gets a reprieve against the Colts before playing Minnesota. I hope Darnold gets smashed.

Curran was just speculating about Tom Savage interesting the Patriots. I believe the article was written before this trade, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back