PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Bridgewater to New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually bet he gets hurt this year, Jets are stupid.

This seems like a move intended to sell PSLs. They would have been better off (both in the short term and for Darnold's development) going with Bridgewater this year.

Curran was just speculating about Tom Savage interesting the Patriots. I believe the article was written before this trade, too.
The patriots liked him pre draft called him the other Tom according to Lombardim

gotta feel for teddy, his contract is heavily incentive based, and with brees ironman antics, he's not likely to see much playtime.

So it looks like the trade was Teddy Bridgewater and the Jets 2019 6th round pick to New Orleans for the Saints 2019 3rd round pick.

A pretty good deal for both sides. Can't remember when a team traded away an UFA before he even played a game for them.

gotta feel for teddy, his contract is heavily incentive based, and with brees ironman antics, he's not likely to see much playtime.

He won’t play this upcoming season. After that who knows.

This seems like a move intended to sell PSLs. They would have been better off (both in the short term and for Darnold's development) going with Bridgewater this year.
Been saying that all day. IF Bridgewater had a 2 year contract, no doubt he would be the starter. He definitely was the best QB in Jet's camp. Could've brought Darnold along slowly, and still had a chance to win games. I don't think this was a smart move, but Darnold may prove me wrong.

So it looks like the trade was Teddy Bridgewater and the Jets 2019 6th round pick to New Orleans for the Saints 2019 3rd round pick.

A pretty good deal for both sides. Can't remember when a team traded away an UFA before he even played a game for them.
Patriots have done it with some TEs I believe.

Well, I'll give this to the Jets. They managed to turn their total lack of offensive talent and ability to spend valuable training camp time on somebody else's project into something of an asset.

LOL, four of the Jets first five opponents have pretty good DLs that like to get after the quarterback. He then gets a reprieve against the Colts before playing Minnesota. I hope Darnold gets smashed.

I'm already fearing Jacksonville week 4.

I'm alreay fearing Jacksonville week 4.

Congratulations. The Jets will be on wanted posters, because they just robbed the Saints. That's got to make you feel good.

Next move? Jordan Richards and a 5th Rounder to Saints for JT Barrett - 3x Big Ten QB of the Year. He's got Jacoby Brissett skills, only more polished.

Congratulations. The Jets will be on wanted posters, because they just robbed the Saints. That's got to make you feel good.

I think it was a fair deal for both. Saints got themselves someone who can step in and potentially play really well if old man Brees goes down. Potentially even a successor.

Jets get a solid draft pick for a million spent in cap space.

On a personal note, I'm even happier because I have Michael Thomas and Meredith in fantasy. Always a concern relying on an older QB.

I'm already fearing Jacksonville week 4.
Miami and the Browns have stout D-Lines too. Behind that OL, it is definitely a trial by fire to start Darnold’s career.

Miami and the Browns have stout D-Lines too.

Sure. Plus they're on shortened weeks with a Mondat nighter week 1, and a Thursday nighter week 3.

Sam is definitely gonna get tested. No one is expecting perfection. Just hope come week 5 he's healthy and not shell shocked.

At least there's a long week to prep for Jacksonville. They're a whole 'nother beast defensively.

Sure. Plus they're on shortened weeks with a Mondat nighter week 1, and a Thursday nighter week 3.

Sam is definitely gonna get tested. No one is expecting perfection. Just hope come week 5 he's healthy and not shell shocked.

At least there's a long week to prep for Jacksonville. They're a whole 'nother beast defensively.
Im hoping hes Rob Johnson 2.0

Are we sure Teddy two glove is that special? He hasn’t been anything to write home about so far in his career. Didn’t follow him in college, just saying. We only have his first two years of his career to go off of so he definitely has room for improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes