PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brady “checked out” after Steelers loss in 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes let's root for him to get injured!!
Um yea, the point is that I think the season will be 4 games, not he gets hurt. 4 games if there is a season

Um yea, the point is that I think the season will be 4 games, not he gets hurt. 4 games if there is a season
Why would they bother playing 4 games?

Ya, during a pandemic, when the NFLPA says no, he says f it. Yeah, theres the family part. When numerous players of all sports are popping positive, Mr. Family man is out doing this.

So you're now moving the goalposts in a pathetic attempt to get past your earlier idiocy.

Keep on with the self-clowning, by all means.

Last year was the worst case. A team with no realistic chance to make it through the playoffs but a low draft pick for their efforts.
Oh my. 12-4 is worse case? Hold on to your hat for this season and future ones ...

Oh it can. A lot worse.

Holy ****, someone actually said it couldn't be worse? It could have been sooooo much worse. I guess a handful of posters are so happy to be done with brady they're just saying idiotic things at this point. The offense wasn't great, but there is so much worse it could have been (and it actually was insanely good early on).

Last year was the worst case. A team with no realistic chance to make it through the playoffs but a low draft pick for their efforts.
Nah, worst case is going 7-9/8-8/9-7 with mediocre draft position...Pats should've easily gone 13-3 with a bye week (14-2 if they really needed a home win vs Miami to secure #2); I wouldn't call that no realistic chance of making it through the POs...

Patriots are well set up now. They did not offer a contract to Brady, they are taking their bad salary cap year in 2020 when we don't even know if there will be a season and are set to be reborn in 2021 with lots of cap space. If Brady was here still, would anyone actually be optimistic about the Patriots in 2020? I know I would not. Brady has a chance to recharge in a new environment and the Patriots cut a path they knew was not going to result in the success they are after, championships, not just a winning season. Brady had checked out, it is obvious based on what he is doing now in Tampa. Will it work out? I don't think so in the end but each side got what they wanted, Patriots wanted Brady gone and Brady wanted football to be fun again.

Nah, worst case is going 7-9/8-8/9-7 with mediocre draft position...Pats should've easily gone 13-3 with a bye week (14-2 if they really needed a home win vs Miami to secure #2); I wouldn't call that no realistic chance of making it through the POs...

If they don't screw up W17 against Miami they get the #2 seed.

Divisional round against KC is winnable. Should have won the first time if not for the incompetent refs:mad:

Then depends on who out of Houston/Baltimore manages to choke more:headscratch:. I am going to go with Lamar 'worse in the playoffs than Peyton Manning' Jackson on that one.

Conference Championship at home against Houston. Winnable.

Then Super Bowl against Jimmy "I sucked when going against the Patriots in practice"Garoppolo. Winnable.

I mean who had the Patriots winning it all in 2018 after the whole Josh Gordon debacle?:headscratch:

If they don't screw up W17 against Miami they get the #2 seed.

Divisional round against KC is winnable. Should have won the first time if not for the incompetent refs:mad:

Then depends on who out of Houston/Baltimore manages to choke more:headscratch:. I am going to go with Lamar 'worse in the playoffs than Peyton Manning' Jackson on that one.

Conference Championship at home against Houston. Winnable.

Then Super Bowl against Jimmy "I sucked when going against the Patriots in practice"Garoppolo. Winnable.

I mean who had the Patriots winning it all in 2018 after the whole Josh Gordon debacle?:headscratch:
Yea they could not beat Miami in week 17 when they needed. That was the 2019 Patriots in a nutshell.

I don’t think Brady was ever really happy in New England after 2016. I think he thought the Deflategate support from BB and Kraft was less than it should have been, the JG tension, losing Edelman in 2017, the sense that Bill would like him to retire - it all added up.

Wow, Brady is getting hammered today for his FDR quote. It was kinda silly TBH...and he shouldn't be out there practicing IMO.

So you're now moving the goalposts in a pathetic attempt to get past your earlier idiocy.

Keep on with the self-clowning, by all means.

Still looking in the mirror when you post? Gotta stop doing that.

He had throwing sessions outside of organizational days last year, too. There's nothing hypocritical here on his part.

There's freakin' clown on your part, though.
There are plenty of hypocrisy here and it is ok and understandable. Brady is driven to show that he can succeed without BB and can't afford to have a sub par season if the NFL season happens.
This has taken his offseason motivation to an off the scale level. He has rediscovered the love of the game again. It become a chore here understandably and I think he changed after the Bulter benching fiasco.
He is more motivated this offseason than he was the last years with us to foster a relationship with his new receivers. Some people are taken aback by this Brady they are seeing but thanks to deflategate, I got an insight into who he was a bit by reading his text messages. It painted a slightly different picture of what he said he was about to me in a couple of messages. I got an impression of someone who wanted the national accolade, who wanted to have all the records and eclipse Mannings. When he talk, he sounds like he is all about the team and nothing else matters to him. That was a lie.

Last edited:
If the Patriots are a 6-10 caliber team then I’m not sold that having Brady would be that much better of a record.

43 year old QB who threw a 79 passer rating against good teams last year. No reason at all to expect anything better than that this year had he stayed except now we don’t have a soft schedule.

That's got to be your favorite Tom Brady stat.

Don't forget that Brady's off season was significantly longer this year than normal due to the Pats early exit. The 5 prior years required Brady to play later in the year than any QB in NFL history so I do not find it odd at all that he may have felt spending a little more family time than attending voluntary workouts was better for his overall situation. He was playing in a system that he knows inside and out and his attendance would have been almost exclusively about "helping" other players than himself. And he got off to a tremendous start last year anyways which is when the lack of OTAs would have been most notable. With a weak OL, no TEs and below average WRs it is not surprising at all to me that Brady had a similar year to 2013 when the talent was in a similar spot. I would prefer Brady to still be on the Pats but it is certainly understandable for a player with his competitive nature to want to have talented WRs at his disposal and it did not look like the Pats had talent on hand or cap space to get them.

SB1 - this would be a nice spot for you to rebut with your 79 rating narrative.

Don't forget that Brady's off season was significantly longer this year than normal due to the Pats early exit. The 5 prior years required Brady to play later in the year than any QB in NFL history so I do not find it odd at all that he may have felt spending a little more family time than attending voluntary workouts was better for his overall situation. He was playing in a system that he knows inside and out and his attendance would have been almost exclusively about "helping" other players than himself. And he got off to a tremendous start last year anyways which is when the lack of OTAs would have been most notable. With a weak OL, no TEs and below average WRs it is not surprising at all to me that Brady had a similar year to 2013 when the talent was in a similar spot. I would prefer Brady to still be on the Pats but it is certainly understandable for a player with his competitive nature to want to have talented WRs at his disposal and it did not look like the Pats had talent on hand or cap space to get them.

SB1 - this would be a nice spot for you to rebut with your 79 rating narrative.

Happy to as long as the spin exists that he was good last year (he wasn’t) and the struggles on offense weren’t mostly on the QB (they were) or that the Patriots are a SB team in 2020 if Brady has stayed (they aren’t) or they are falling off a cliff without Brady. The last part remains to be seen but if it happens I doubt it would be any different had he stayed.

Last edited:
Gronk is going to get paid for a season that is probably 4 games long

Between COVID and the fact that he has not played a full season since 2011 the odds are good that he will not accumulate many games this year.

Not going to speculate but I hope this is only coming from the voices in Bedard’s head and not the team itself as the real source.

I’d like to think the Krafts are above stuff like the Globe-style hit job pieces with the Red Sox.

It could be coming from the locker room. It is well known that TB12 checked out on young players. It's well known that he wanted out of town. I think 'this team is unworthy of me' was always in his head. Remember "My husband cannot f–king throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time."

Let's move on from this spoiled brat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye