PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brady “checked out” after Steelers loss in 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be coming from the locker room. It is well known that TB12 checked out on young players. It's well known that he wanted out of town. I think 'this team is unworthy of me' was always in his head. Remember "My husband cannot f–king throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time."

Let's move on from this spoiled brat.

I also remember them winning three Super Bowls after that. The sour grapes on this board is MIND BLOWING.

MIND. BLOWING.

of course football is fun again for brady right now. he's throwing to uncovered receivers and no one's trying to take his head off. batting practice is fun too.

It could be coming from the locker room. It is well known that TB12 checked out on young players. It's well known that he wanted out of town. I think 'this team is unworthy of me' was always in his head. Remember "My husband cannot f–king throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time."

Let's move on from this spoiled brat.
Do you ever not talk completely out of your ass? That's not rhetorical, please respond.

of course football is fun again for brady right now. he's throwing to uncovered receivers and no one's trying to take his head off. batting practice is fun too.

Plus he's allowed to talk which includes trash talking.

Matt Ryan just declared himself the best QB in the NFC South and you know a Brady payback is coming soon.

I’m fine with the Team moving on. I’m also fine w Brady moving on. The 2020 season - with or w/o Brady - wasn’t ending in confetti. So, it’s time. Which, again, is fine.

I still don’t understand the « glad the POS is moving on » crowd though. This guy, even IF unhappy, was the SB winning QB in 2014-16-18 ! That in itself is the stuff of legends. He was a winner for this franchise.

I choose to enjoy the fact that Brady was the conductor of a winning train and am thankful for the two decades of excellence. Cannot get onboard with the haters.

Last edited:
I’m fine with the Team moving on. I’m also fine w Brady moving on. The 2020 season - with or w/o Brady - wasn’t ending in confetti. So, it’s time. Which, again, is fine.

I still don’t understand the « glad the POS is moving on » crowd though. This guy, even IF unhappy, was the SB winning QB in 2014-16-18 ! That in itself is the stuff of legends. He was a winner for this franchise.

I chose to enjoy the fact that Brady was the conductor of a winning train and am thankful for the two decades of excellence. Cannot get onboard with the haters.
The drama llama crowd ...

I also remember them winning three Super Bowls after that. The sour grapes on this board is MIND BLOWING.

MIND. BLOWING.

Only sour grapes I’m seeing is from the Bradyites who seem to want this team to crash and burn without their guy in 2020 for some reason. Could be wrong but seems that way. And who can’t get their heads around the fact not everyone here is a Bucs lover now. And we’re supposed to believe Bill is a bad head coach because of his record 3 decades ago or something. Still can’t quite figure that logic out. :headscratch:

Last edited:
Wow, the Bucs are delusional. Chris Godwin said it was worth it to give up number 12 to Brady if it gets "two or three super bowls." They'll be lucky if they win 1 super bowl at Brady's age. My goodness.

Wow, the Bucs are delusional. Chris Godwin said it was worth it to give up number 12 to Brady if it gets "two or three super bowls." They'll be lucky if they win 1 super bowl at Brady's age. My goodness.
TBay has the makings of a 2019 Browns season : they are being overhyped. Winning a SB is difficult. Often, it takes skill, hard work, and luck just to make it to the last game of the season. Great teams have been derailed.

They might surprise me, but the number of Brady SBs I see in the future : zero. It’s not a knock on the qb. The math suggests it’s the most likely outcome.

TBay has the makings of a 2019 Browns season : they are being overhyped. Winning a SB is difficult. Often, it takes skill, hard work, and luck just to make it to the last game of the season. Great teams have been derailed.

They might surprise me, but the number of Brady SBs I see in the future : zero. It’s not a knock on the qb. The math suggests it’s the most likely outcome.
When has Brady ever been subjected to math or reasoning? Dude has been to NINE super bowls. The likely outcome for him is reaching more SBs.

When has Brady ever been subjected to math or reasoning? Dude has been to NINE super bowls. The likely outcome for him is reaching more SBs.

At 43 and coming off a season where he showed his age and with a new team... I wouldn’t count on it

Last edited:
At 43 and coming off a season where he showed his age and with a new team... I wouldn’t count on it
He was fine earlier in the season. Any talk of Brady slipping involves a time after Gordon was gone, AB was gone, Edelman was banged up and needed surgery, their big off season get was injured on impact and also needed surgery, two tight ends that even without Brady we replaced because they were worthless, the running game was mediocre, and the line lost continuity for a good period of time with Newhouse who is one of the worst lineman in the league filling in.

and his stats were 2013 levels, which seems to be his floor under the modern rules

Only sour grapes I’m seeing is from the Bradyites who seem to want this team to crash and burn without their guy in 2020 for some reason. Could be wrong but seems that way. And who can’t get their heads around the fact not everyone here is a Bucs lover now. And we’re supposed to believe Bill is a bad head coach because of his record 3 decades ago or something. Still can’t quite figure that logic out. :headscratch:

I'm super grateful for everything TFB did with us; NINE SB appearances and SIX wins! I mean, come on. The guy was a legend for us.

Now, he's plying his trade elsewhere. The Pats are moving on. We've got BB and he believes in Stidham.

No need to hate Brady and no need to turn into a Bucs fan. People who do either...ehhhhh. They've got a flair for the dramatic I guess. I can't identify with it, and I'm guessing most here can't either.

He was fine earlier in the season. Any talk of Brady slipping involves a time after Gordon was gone, AB was gone, Edelman was banged up and needed surgery, their big off season get was injured on impact and also needed surgery, two tight ends that even without Brady we replaced because they were worthless, the running game was mediocre, and the line lost continuity for a good period of time with Newhouse who is one of the worst lineman in the league filling in.

and his stats were 2013 levels, which seems to be his floor under the modern rules

Funny... this is exactly the argument we heard defending Bledsoe 20 years ago. He will be great if only this or that. Everything has to be perfect for him to do well. If something is off then excuse after excuse. It’s never on him at all. Comes full circle I guess.

Also Brady was 36 in 2013 which is a world of difference compared to 43 in the NFL.

Yes, “has been”. No SB for TB with TB. Book it.

And Brady has never won a Super Bowl playing on wild card weekend, which, if the Bucs make the playoffs, is the most likely scenario with the new playoff format. Winning 4 games in a row in the playoffs is tough.

Last edited:

I think he has benefitted enormously by not only playing in an easy division but a relatively weak AFC field for the past 20 years. Really, the only AFC teams that posed much of a challenge were the Steelers (curbed stomped them), Colts (beat them for the most part), Ravens (mixed results), and Broncos (had our number). And when you come to think of it, it was only Peyton Manning that stood in the way of reaching the super bowl.

Brady has to deal with the 49ers, Seahawks, Saints, Packers, etc. That won't be easy, and the Bucs coaching staff is a downgrade. No Scarnecchia to protect him, no McD who knows his tendencies inside out, and no Belichick.

Last edited:
He « only » (absurd word to use, but you get the point) got to half of the possible SBs WITH BB and his friends. I’m just not banking on « fun Arians and his one SB loss » getting them there.

I think he has benefitted enormously by not only playing in an easy division but a relatively weak AFC field for the past 20 years. Really, the only AFC teams that posed much of a challenge were the Steelers (curbed stomped them), Colts (beat them for the most part), Ravens (mixed results), and Broncos (had our number). And when you come to think of it, it was only Peyton Manning that stood in the way of reaching the super bowl.

Brady has to deal with the 49ers, Seahawks, Saints, Packers, etc. That won't be easy, and the Bucs coaching staff is a downgrade. No Scarnecchia to protect him, no McD who knows his tendencies inside out, and no Belichick.
I’m on board w your « TB isn’t getting to the SB » theory. I think you dismiss how many strong AFC teams NE passed on their way to six SB wins. Maybe there wasn’t a « good opponent for 20 years » but quite a few teams took turns pushing Brady over that span.

I’m on board w your « TB isn’t getting to the SB » theory. I think you dismiss how many strong AFC teams NE passed on their way to six SB wins. Maybe there wasn’t a « good opponent for 20 years » but quite a few teams took turns pushing Brady over that span.

The way I see it it was usually the Pats got the 1 or 2 seed, play some dink team in the divisional round like Tennessee, Houston, Chargers, etc., and end up in the AFCCG game usually at home. And there it was most often times against the Steelers, Colts, Broncos, or Ravens. The Steelers and Colts we owned. The Broncos were obviously a tough matchup and so were the Ravens.

Let's say Brady and Bucs get the 5th seed. That means they would have to travel to Philly/Dallas in the wild card, and then possibly have to go to NO or SF in the divisional. And then they have to play the NFCCG against a worthy opponent. And then it's the Ravens or Chiefs in the Super Bowl. It would be a much more difficult road to the Super Bowl than what Brady has ever faced IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back