PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brady “checked out” after Steelers loss in 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the season is played all the way through to the super bowl, I think there are at least 6 teams that are simply better than the buccaneers plain and simple.
Teams more likely to win in my opinion:

NFC; 49ers, saints, seahawks surprise team; falcons
AFC; chiefs, ravens, colts surprise team; steelers

I still think his age will be a factor from an injury perspective (less likely to be able to bounce back quickly from nagging injuries).

If this season gets canceled at any point b/o COVID19 it will hurt TB12 more than any other QB obviously because in 2021 he will be 44

We are talking about BB the head coach. He was not the Head Coach in NY, Bill Parcells was. His time in NY is irrelevant to the discussion.

Fact is Belichick coached 6 years pre-Brady and in all that time has a grand total of 1 playoff victory. Nobody knows what’s going to happen, but he wasn’t even remotely considered a successful HC - let alone among the all time greats - before Brady came along.

and that one victory came against guess who...bill parcells.

Seahawks could be the 9ers kryptonite. They were a yard away from taking HFA throughout playoffs I believe. I don’t trust the Saints as their “high powered offense” gets exposed in the playoffs. Throwing to Michael Thomas over and over again suddenly seems more difficult and they look shellshocked when it doesn’t work.

Never trust a Phillip Rivers led team. He is a choke artist.

If this season gets canceled at any point b/o COVID19 it will hurt TB12 more than any other QB obviously because in 2021 he will be 44
Your absolutely right on this one. TB really wants this season to happen more than anyone and can not afford any cancellation of games.

Last edited:
That's what most said when he was 37 and won the SB and then at age 39 and he won the SB. And again at age 40 when he won league MVP and age 41 when he won the SB again ...

He didn’t win the SBs his team did. I don’t remember Brady making Butler intercept that pass. Also don’t think Brady’s 71 passer rating had much to do with the SB 53 victory.

Last edited:
He didn’t win the SBs his team did. I don’t remember Brady making Butler intercept that pass. Also don’t think Brady’s 71 passer rating had much to do with the SB 53 victory.

Another dumb post.

"Patton didn't defeat the Germans in North Africa... der her.. his troops did."

We are talking about BB the head coach. He was not the Head Coach in NY, Bill Parcells was. His time in NY is irrelevant to the discussion.

Fact is Belichick coached 6 years pre-Brady and in all that time has a grand total of 1 playoff victory. Nobody knows what’s going to happen, but he wasn’t even remotely considered a successful HC - let alone among the all time greats - before Brady came along.

And Brady was called a system QB (his scouting report’s words not mine) when he was drafted by Bill. Could very easily say he would have stayed that way if another team like the Lions drafted him instead of Bill. Brady has done jack squat in this league without Bill. I suspect it will show big time this season if there is one that Brady needs Bill more than vice versa.

Bill without Brady? 11-5 with Cassel. 3-1 with JG and Brissett. That’s a track record and it’s a lot more recent than Bill in Cleveland. Which as any intelligent football fan knows is tainted by the fact the rug was pulled out from under the franchise. His “losing” record back then means jack **** to me.

Last edited:
Another dumb post.

"Patton didn't defeat the Germans in North Africa... der her.. his troops did."
Belichick is Patton, not Brady. Brady is a Division commander

Did someone really compare a football QB to an army general? Lmao. Bradyites are funny.

Well the “conductor” had himself about 7 years of train wrecks before Brady started shoveling.
And Brady was a sixth round draft pick likely never to play professional football before he met the coach. What's your point? Start subtracting players from the championship games and add up how many are won. Minus Adam Vinatieri, subtract two. Minus JE11, knock off another one. Hero worship if you like, but I root for the laundry.

Reactions: sb1
Greatest player in the history of the league who led the team we all allegedly love to unprecedented heights for 20 years and SB1 and others continue to seek out examples to disparage him. What a truly bizarre fan strategy. Guy led 2 consecutive scoring drives to take the lead and seal the victory against the Rams but hey let's mention his QB rating as if it is relevant. The main reason Brady is the GOAT is that when the chips were down and the Pats absolutely needed to come through with a drive there was no one who has ever played as good as Brady. And he did it time after time after time in the most pressure packed moments. BB was obviously a critical element to their success and their pairing will be discussed for as long as football is played. I do not care who meant more to the overall success - BB gets credit for anything Brady did as he drafted him, trained him and ultimately chose him anyways. Brady was on the field to lead them. Scoreboard is the end of all football debates and they both have it. It is reasonable to believe that at his age he is no longer worth it, that you're excited to start the Stidham era and that you're glad they moved on but to actually dislike him now seems like a reaction an 8th grader would have when they were not invited to the school dance.

I will absolutely root for Brady to have success this year. Will mean much less to me than what the Patriots do but I will be very happy to see him do well. Tampa Bay does not play NE and is probably the team with the lowest rivalry traits of any team in league so there is no downside if they do well. Is there really a question of rooting for him vs Brees or Rogers? I know it's embarrassing for me to admit but I actually still like a player that meant so much to my favorite team for the past 2 decades. Label me as you wish.

Last edited:
If the season is played all the way through to the super bowl, I think there are at least 6 teams that are simply better than the buccaneers plain and simple.
Teams more likely to win in my opinion:

Tough to take that seriously when you put the Colts and Falcons on your list of teams better than the Buccaneers. Those teams, along with Tampa, were 7-9 last year. How in the world are those teams better than Tampa when Tampa added the greatest QB of all time and one of the greatest TE's of all time to their roster??
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no. Not even close. Tom Brady's legacy is secure. If the season is cancelled, there are several categories of QB's it hurts way more than Brady:

1) Quarterbacks that rely on their legs. Wilson, Mahomes and Jackson come to mind. The legs are the first to go. Also, KC and Baltimore would each lose a full year of their star QBs at cheap dollars.

2) Veterans whose legacies aren't secure as being among the all time greats. Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger. Safe to say each of those guys would like to win another Super Bowl before retiring (especially Rodgers and Brees who are stuck at just 1).

3) Young QB's that lose a full year of development. Murray, Mayfield, Burrow.

Of all the above groups, I would say a full season off hurts Mahomes the most. You only get so many bites at the apple, and you'd be taking away what is arguably KC's best chance to win another Super Bowl. Mahomes' cap number increases by $20 million the following year (and the cap will probably be lower).

Last edited:
And Brady was a sixth round draft pick likely never to play professional football before he met the coach. What's your point? Start subtracting players from the championship games and add up how many are won. Minus Adam Vinatieri, subtract two. Minus JE11, knock off another one. Hero worship if you like, but I root for the laundry.
You can always tell someone has a weak argument when they have to start playing make believe with the past to support their thesis.

Tom Brady has 6 Super Bowl championships. Your post above is just make believe.

Wrong Nurse Ratched. Patton was on the field with his troops. Ever heard of a field General?

Did someone really compare a football QB to an army general? Lmao. Bradyites are funny.

Such a douchey post. Your pretend ignore list isn't fooling anyone. Maybe one day you'll have enough balls to reply yourself.

You can always tell someone has a weak argument when they have to start playing make believe with the past to support their thesis.

Tom Brady has 6 Super Bowl championships. Your post above is just make believe.
Yhe New England Patriots have 6 Super Bowl championships. I believe the tuck rule gets the Patriots past TB12's fumble then AV wins the game and the championship. I believe that guy had something to do with the next two. Absent JE11's outstanding reception, another championship slips away. And some guy named Butler had a pretty good interception to win another championship -- a play Coach went over in practice. Brady, who was the Super Bowl LI MVP, said that he believed White should have won the award instead. I agree.

Last edited:
Wrong Nurse Ratched. Patton was on the field with his troops. Ever heard of a field General?
Brady does not run the show. He was not the boss. I would not go so far as to say he forgot that fact, but he was not happy with how the offense was being handled - and aired the dirty laundry in a bit of a passive-aggressive manner.

Brady does not run the show. He was not the boss. I would not go so far as to say he forgot that fact, but he was not happy with how the offense was being handled - and aired the dirty laundry in a bit of a passive-aggressive manner.

You're moving goal posts. Brady was the field General. He read the defenses. He found the mismatches. He made the decisions on the field. Field General. Patton didn't run the show either. He simply won the battles given to him.

Yhe New England Patriots have 6 Super Bowl championships. I believe the tuck rule gets the Patriots past TB12's fumble then AV wins the game and the championship. I believe that guy had something to do with the next two. Absent JE11's outstanding reception, another championship slips away. And some guy named Butler had a pretty good interception to win another championship -- a play Coach went over in practice. Brady, who was the Super Bowl LI MVP, said that he believed White should have won the award instead. I agree.
uh, ok. Nothing you said above changes the fact that Brady has 6 Super Bowl Championships.

uh, ok. Nothing you said above changes the fact that Brady has 6 Super Bowl Championships.

I believe the point was rings are a team accomplishment not a QB accomplishment. Which is a fact.

Dilfer’s ring doesn’t make him better than Marino. Eli’s 2 rings don’t make him better than Mahomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye