PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT : Bradley Chubb signs 5 year deal with the Dolphins

This year? He has very similar number to Deatrich Wise (I posted the numbers a few days ago in this thread). Don’t get me wrong … Wise is playing well but a QB terror? nope.
Yeah and three of Wise's five sacks came in one game against a Ravens back-up Tackle. That said I think B Chubb is way better..

Yeah and three of Wise's five sacks came in one game against a Ravens back-up Tackle. That said I think B Chubb is way better..
Who cares when or how? So if Stevenson runs for 100 yards against the Colts but if one of the runs was for 50 yards…your going to discount that?

Who cares when or how? So if Stevenson runs for 100 yards against the Colts but if one of the runs was for 50 yards…your going to discount that?
Chubb gets QB hits and pressures that don't count as sacks. Yeah I like the nice year Wise is having but he ain't in Chubb's class. Also we'll see if he's worth the money when he goes against these Patriots' Offensive Tackles.

Chubb gets QB hits and pressures that don't count as sacks. Yeah I like the nice year Wise is having but he ain't in Chubb's class. Also we'll see if he's worth the money when he goes against these Patriots' Offensive Tackles.
Wise and Chubb have roughly the same hits and pressures this year

Wise and Chubb have roughly the same hits and pressures this year
I'm not going there so sorry: you're trying to say Wise is better??
Spock Encerio GIF

Spock Encerio GIF
Nope. I am saying "I’m very happy the Pats didn’t pay $100m for 4 sacks and 30 tackles per year"

Nope. I am saying "I’m very happy the Pats didn’t pay $100m for 4 sacks and 30 tackles per year"
And I'm saying that a healthy Chubb with Judon would be a lethal tandem like when he played along side Von Miller.

I got to admit though I'm a little Jealous most of Miami's moves seem to be panning out from New HC all the way down. A lot of things had to go right from Tua playing well and all.

We are going to need to spend very wisely to catch up to Buffalo, and now the Dolphins are just full of talent too.

+1 Elite pieces on this defense make it formidable. One would think it has to be a LBer, and from what I remember, they are still cheap overall, although Roquan will set a new boundary. Still, considering this deal, is 20M per year really a lot for a blue chip player? But stranger things happen around here

Then, get another good to great Dlineman and a tall CB - either draft or FA. Draft a McCourty long-term replacement as a priority too.

This defense has a lot of potential, but it needs a push to become a menace, and handle Mobile QBs properly.

This off-season BB has to be busy.

Chubb is just 26 going into his prime good time to buy pass rushers don't grow on trees. :)

Chubb already has an extensive injury history. He hasn't played a full season since his rookie year and two of those three years, he missed more than half the season. There is a chance Chubb could be at the tail end of his prime and he could be out of the league before he reaches 30.

For the guy who has missed as much time as he has in recent years, this trade and contract is a risk especially because he is young and missed so much time.

people in here still jerking off to draft picks over talented playmakers....

Injury prone, talented playmakers. Again, you can have all the talent in the world and it means absolutely nothing if you are on IR.

Chubb's biggest problem isn't his production on the field. It is staying healthy to have production on the field.

Spock Encerio GIF

The way Wise is playing this year, you can make a case for it. I don't watch enough of Denver's games to know for sure, but Wise has been outstanding this year. Halfway through the season and Wise is already at or broken his single season career numbers in most categories.

There is a reason why Denver traded him.

He just isn’t that good. He’s above average, but he’s not even remotely close to great or elite.

There is a reason why Denver traded him.

He just isn’t that good. He’s above average, but he’s not even remotely close to great or elite.
:smell the fear:

We are going to need to spend very wisely to catch up to Buffalo, and now the Dolphins are just full of talent too.

+1 Elite pieces on this defense make it formidable. One would think it has to be a LBer, and from what I remember, they are still cheap overall, although Roquan will set a new boundary. Still, considering this deal, is 20M per year really a lot for a blue chip player? But stranger things happen around here

Then, get another good to great Dlineman and a tall CB - either draft or FA. Draft a McCourty long-term replacement as a priority too.

This defense has a lot of potential, but it needs a push to become a menace, and handle Mobile QBs properly.

This off-season BB has to be busy.

This “full of talent” Phins team has been getting slaughtered by opposing defenses. 1667730430178.jpegThey can't pressure the QB and Chubb isn't going to be able to fix that by himself. On offense, they can't run the ball and if either of their stud WRs gets injured they aren’t going to be able to consistently bail out the defense. They barely beat a Steelers team who was essentially missing their entire defensive backfield WITH Tua on two weeks rest.

people in here still jerking off to draft picks over talented playmakers....
...in spite of the fact that the draft is a crap shoot. Just look at the Pats failures and successes in the draft and it's obvious. We had a 6th round pick and a 2nd that became GOAT players and we've also had 1st and 2nd round picks who've been below average or even failures.

With current NYFL players usually it's what you see is what you get and you get what you pay for.

...in spite of the fact that the draft is a crap shoot. Just look at the Pats failures and successes in the draft and it's obvious. We had a 6th round pick and a 2nd that became GOAT players and we've also had 1st and 2nd round picks who've been below average or even failures.

With current NYFL players usually it's what you see is what you get and you get what you pay for.
Would you rather have Barmore or Chubb?

This “full of talent” Phins team has been getting slaughtered by opposing defenses. View attachment 47019They can't pressure the QB and Chubb isn't going to be able to fix that by himself. On offense, they can't run the ball and if either of their stud WRs gets injured they aren’t going to be able to consistently bail out the defense. They barely beat a Steelers team who was essentially missing their entire defensive backfield WITH Tua on two weeks rest.
Hey you can speak without offending others, good for you. Still a little sass, but it's improvement

They are full of talent, using it well is a whole another story. And although I talked D about us, Im not saying their D is formidable

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back