PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT : Bradley Chubb signs 5 year deal with the Dolphins

Why can't WE have a GM that good?

What do you mean?
We have Bill, who has had too many, oft recounted, failures as GM. The Dolphins over the past couple years have been masterful at trades, drafting, etc.

We have Bill, who has had too many, oft recounted, failures as GM. The Dolphins over the past couple years have been masterful at trades, drafting, etc.
I would not describe giving Bradley Chubb $119M as masterful.

I agree Bill has made some horrifically bad moves at GM with and without Tom, but trading a 1st rounder and then paying Chubb would’ve caused problems as that would upset Judon. Chubb has not done really anything to justify his big contract. In fact, this happened in Miami when they signed Byron Jones to an idiotic contract paying him more than Howard the better player. He was disgruntled for a while before Miami paid him more money.

I agree Bill has made some horrifically bad moves at GM with and without Tom, but trading a 1st rounder and then paying Chubb would’ve caused problems as that would upset Judon. Chubb has not done really anything to justify his big contract. In fact, this happened in Miami when they signed Byron Jones to an idiotic contract paying him more than Howard the better player. He was disgruntled for a while before Miami paid him more money.
I was speaking in the broader sense, not re this particular transaction. You may well be right it was not the move for us in this instance.

I would not describe giving Bradley Chubb $119M as masterful.
It would seem so on its face, but that’s an impossible call to make without seeing how they use him. I’d say the same thing if it was us who traded for him.

This “full of talent” Phins team has been getting slaughtered by opposing defenses. View attachment 47019They can't pressure the QB and Chubb isn't going to be able to fix that by himself. On offense, they can't run the ball and if either of their stud WRs gets injured they aren’t going to be able to consistently bail out the defense. They barely beat a Steelers team who was essentially missing their entire defensive backfield WITH Tua on two weeks rest.

Their full of talent defense has already given up 25 points to the Bears with 10 minutes left in the 3rd.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back