PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bengals WR Tee Higgins Requests Trade

2024 is the final year of his contract.

In order to make a trade for him, I would first want permission to speak to him and negotiate a contract extension.

The FA market for WR is crap, the Pats are not in position to do any stupid trade. Maybe the value is in those players that are under the radar and you would make a bet he could make the jump and elevate his game here, or solid players in a good contract maybe not too happy where they are now but anyways it would cost picks and the Pats don't have all that ammo, only their own picks and now Mac's.

Best way to go is really using free agency to get defensive players and one of the top RBs, don't know how is the OL market but maybe getting value there too, I don't mind going after a center.

And then using all draft capital on offense taking at least 2 shots at WR.

I could never imagine BB doing a draft like that, one side only, there's no way in hell he would go past the first 3 rounds without drafting defense. Now, I'm not advocating the current regime to do that (drafting only offense) but if they do, I won't be wrong given the current state of this team on the offensive department.

Sign the beast!! Seriously tho Bengals asking cost would be ridiculous….

Tee Higgens needs an elite QB to be effective.

I would consider paying Tee Higgins top dollar as a free agent. I am not giving up a first round pick or more to get him and then paying him top dollar. If he can be had for a second day pick, maybe. But I don't want to give up #34.

Once again, a sensible take my friend. I think he'd be a luxury for this team. He'd be ideal if they were a wild card type of team, but they aren't that. I'd rather they focus on youth at this time. Keep the picks, or even deal back on R1 if they aren't sold on one of the top three at #3. I'm still thinking MHJ at 3 and then Nix later with a FA vet QB.

Higgins is a borderline WR1 that excels as a 2. He can play 1 for a few games if your top wide out is injured, but even then it was with a great QB.

He is a luxury that pays its dividends if you already have a top wide out.

2024 is the final year of his contract.

In order to make a trade for him, I would first want permission to speak to him and negotiate a contract extension.
Honestly I don't believe he's going anywhere. Perfect situation for him.. playing with Joe "Brady," chase, Boyd. The cheap owners just need to put the rolls of pennies away and offer a real dollar amount to him.

Pass. The pick plus top dollar is too high a cost.

Honestly I don't believe he's going anywhere. Perfect situation for him.. playing with Joe "Brady," chase, Boyd. The cheap owners just need to put the rolls of pennies away and offer a real dollar amount to him.

If they do that they will end up paying 3 players almost 100 million.

Be careful on guys like this. JSS looked great with Pittsburgh as a #2....not so much once AB was gone.

Always a concern, but Higgins seems different to me. Juju was a guy who thrived in open area, a lot of which gets created by a guy like AB. Higgins is a contested catch, down the field, outside the numbers guy. Heck, even though Chase is the obviously better player there, I think Higgins might create as much space for him as Chase does for Higgins. It's just the nature of how they play and the parts of the field they attack.

Trade for him. He is the only guy who is going to make a significant improvement for our offense at this point.

Just throwing this out there to see what you folks think: Now that The Bills have some money to spend after Allen's restructure, and given that their 1st round pick is towards the bottom half of the draft, might they try to trade their 1st round pick to The Bengals for Tee Higgins? Or, at the very least, sign Calvin Ridley? I know that they could get a decent receiver in the 1st round that would be much cheaper, but, with Higgins already having 4 years as a starter and being only 25, and with Allen to throw to him, would this make for a better immediate situation for The Bills? Was just curious to know what you think of that actually happening.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back