PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Another good writer hanging it up

I used to sell the papers in downtown Boston after school during the early-mid 1970s, so I had the pleasure of reading the bylines of some pretty heavy dudes from that era: Joe Fitzgerald, Larry Claflin, Cliff Keane, Peter Gammons, Will McDonough, Kevin Mannix, Bob Ryan, John Powers, Tim Horgan, Leigh Montville et. al... Good times, good times...
Which of those effers black listed Houston Antwine? My guess would be McDonough and Montville as they were the football beat guys IIRC

Which of those effers black listed Houston Antwine? My guess would be McDonough and Montville as they were the football beat guys IIRC

Not sure... APF might have more insight there, but who really knows?

I used to sell the papers in downtown Boston after school during the early-mid 1970s, so I had the pleasure of reading the bylines of some pretty heavy dudes from that era: Joe Fitzgerald, Larry Claflin, Cliff Keane, Peter Gammons, Will McDonough, Kevin Mannix, Bob Ryan, John Powers, Tim Horgan, Leigh Montville et. al... Good times, good times...
Ahhhhhhh... the good old days.

the Golden Age of sports writing in Boston and perhaps the country. So many REALLY good writers at the Globe and Herald, though I was never a fan of Cliff Keane. The days when Shaunessey was Ryan's gofer on the basketball beat. It actually got even better in the 80's, For me every day started with the Globe. Sports, funnies and editorial page/letters to the editor, in that order,

the Golden Age of sports writing in Boston and perhaps the country. So many REALLY good writers at the Globe and Herald, though I was never a fan of Cliff Keane. The days when Shaunessey was Ryan's gofer on the basketball beat. It actually got even better in the 80's, For me every day started with the Globe. Sports, funnies and editorial page/letters to the editor, in that order,
We were lucky

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back