PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: ALERT: New Board Coming - Feedback Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to be able to permanently disable the header image.

Click on the menu in the upper left hand corner. Uncheck Header Image. You're welcome. :)

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Options I'd be interested in -- for all I know, they already exist, and I just didn't know -- would be to decrease/increase number of posts per page, to increase width of the page (on my widescreen monitor, the forum is a tiny little strip of text in the middle of huge blue empty spaces), and to label posts similar to the way that Reddit does (Serious tag, Original Content, etc).

Click on the menu in the upper left hand corner. Uncheck Header Image. You're welcome. :)

I do that...every time I log in.

So you care about what a poster you have on ignore thinks. Or you are looking to come across as more polite to an ignored poster.

It’s waste of the other poster’s time if they respond to something I write if they don’t know that I have them on ignore and won’t respond.

It’s waste of the other poster’s time if they respond to something I write if they don’t know that I have them on ignore and won’t respond.
So you are legitimately concerned about "wasting the time" of a poster that you deem so unimportant that you have put them on ignore. ok

I would think that maybe after a half dozen times of responding to you (without you responding) that they would get the hint and just assume either :

A. You are ignoring them
B. You have officially put them on ignore.

Or maybe perhaps you could send this poster a little note via PM and let them know that you have put them on ignore so that they do not waste their precious time responding to an old post of yours?

Another question I have is how often do you think this scenario below happens?

You engage with a poster i.e. debate/arguments/insults, whatever. You put the poster on ignore and the poster keeps responding after you put them on ignore. And responds multiple times.

Second part of the question- How many times do you think on average poster replies or tries to keep engaging you in a discussion after you have put them on ignore?

When I click on notifications to see who quoted, liked, disliked, etc...my posts...I have to navigate back to the main pats.com forum to see the board again. Would be nice to have a way to navigate back to the main board on every page without scrolling up to the to select forum...then select a forum.

I am probably doing it all wrong anyway...so if anyone can give me the 411...much appreciated.

I would like to be able to permanently disable the header image.

Second this. I like a lot of the photos but the first thing I do is turn it off for the day/time period.

So I have to see a bunch of "Do not disturb" posts because you want someone to know that you're ignoring them and the rest of us to know that you're not losing an unknown argument because you simply had someone on ignore and were unable to respond?

@Ian can you make this happen? :D

When I click on notifications to see who quoted, liked, disliked, etc...my posts...I have to navigate back to the main pats.com forum to see the board again. Would be nice to have a way to navigate back to the main board on every page without scrolling up to the to select forum...then select a forum.

I am probably doing it all wrong anyway...so if anyone can give me the 411...much appreciated.

Not sure if this helps you or not. You only have to scroll over the Alert tab and a drop down menu will appear. You don't have to go to the notification page.

If you stay logged in, it keeps your preference for the header image. It hasn't shown up for me since I unchecked the box. It's not like this forum knows your bank account or has your SSN -- there's not really a reason to sign out that I can think of (unless you have alt accounts so you can upvote your own posts, but then you probably have issues ;) ).

Oh, and @Hyped, you can use the drop down Alerts to see the most recent notifications, instead of clicking on the bell at the top of the page. That way you can stay on your current page and open the alerts in new tabs. It might be nice if the fixed menu bar at the top incorporated the drop down coding, like the smaller alert tab does. I'm not sure how much work that would be @Ian?

Another question I have is how often do you think this scenario below happens?

You engage with a poster i.e. debate/arguments/insults, whatever. You put the poster on ignore and the poster keeps responding after you put them on ignore. And responds multiple times.

Second part of the question- How many times do you think on average poster replies or tries to keep engaging you in a discussion after you have put them on ignore?

SOme of the same posters that I have put on ignore have responded multiple times in different threads. It would be easier if they know right away if they have been ignored. For example, when that person goes to reply to one of my posts, there could be a message that says they cannot respond because they are on ignore. They’ll get the message right away that I don’t want to engage with them. If they want to respond to my message without directly quoting me, they can simply post a response without quoting me. Another idea, which is easier, would be for me to put all the posters I don’t like and don’t want to respond to in my signature and publicly shame them.

SOme of the same posters that I have put on ignore have responded multiple times in different threads. It would be easier if they know right away if they have been ignored. For example, when that person goes to reply to one of my posts, there could be a message that says they cannot respond because they are on ignore. They’ll get the message right away that I don’t want to engage with them. If they want to respond to my message without directly quoting me, they can simply post a response without quoting me. Another idea, which is easier, would be for me to put all the posters I don’t like and don’t want to respond to in my signature and publicly shame them.

How do you know they have responded? You're way overthinking this. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back