PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Aaron Rodgers Is A Human Corrosive Substance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just remember, Aaron "We beat ourselves" Rodgers family might just be toxic. We don't know what the issue is, and we probably never will. Unless you expect him to carry out a fake relationship with his family for appearances sake? You know like the sexual predator Peyton Manning's sham marriage with Ashley Manning.

I’m on Rodgers side to a certain extent. As @Elijah said, this was a disastrous hire. Why would you hire a coach who literally hasn’t done jack sh$t? Rodgers is acting like this because he doesn’t respect the Coach. How do you as a first time Head Coach, and who hasn’t done anything as a coordinator, tell a QB that has won a Super Bowl it should be done a certain way? You’re asking for trouble.

Where I think Rodgers is wrong is airing out his dirty laundry and humiliating his Head Coach to the media. Once you lose the leader of the team, teammates will follow. LaFluer will be fired after one year if they miss the playoffs.

But I disagree that Rodgers would act like this if BB was his coach. In fact, I think he’s the only coach he’d respect due to BB being the only current Head Coach that has won multiple Super Bowls.

Rodgers clearly wants the world to know how smart he is and how stupid everyone else is. I think he’s just embraced the “THEY wasted his career” sentiment by trying to pass as a guy surrounded by idiots and incompetence.

But I disagree that Rodgers would act like this if BB was his coach. In fact, I think he’s the only coach he’d respect due to BB is the only current Head Coach that has won multiple Super Bowls.
This thought has crossed my mind. But I could also see this go the way of Adalius Thomas if a 2009 season occured. If Rodgers is truly "thinned skin" he wouldn't take kindly to Belichick's motivation tactics. I know this is one of the things that Adalius Thomas disapproved of.

Plus I think Brady is largely the reason the "Patriot way" is still going in the locker room. Rodgers is not a leader like Brady is. No way Rodgers would win as many Super Bowls as Brady has. Rodgers just doesn't get it, or doesn't have it. Brady does, and he's got it.

This is the reason he is a media darling, he gives media folks material to use.

This thought has crossed my mind. But I could also see this go the way of Adalius Thomas if a 2009 season occured. If Rodgers is truly "thinned skin" he wouldn't take kindly to Belichick's motivation tactics. I know this is one of the things that Adalius Thomas disapproved of.

Plus I think Brady is largely the reason the "Patriot way" is still going in the locker room. Rodgers is not a leader like Brady is. No way Rodgers would win as many Super Bowls as Brady has. Rodgers just doesn't get it, or doesn't have it. Brady does, and he's got it.
From what I understand, Thomas just didn’t like his role (whatever that means).

Most Rodgers’ lovers fail to understand that Rodgers either can’t or doesn’t want to take the sure play that is given to him instead of going for the Sports Center highlight. Greg Cossell was the first that said Rodgers misses a lot of initial wide open receivers and tries to make up for it with a home run play. So yes, his stubbornness may have hold him back from winning as many as Brady if Rodgers played for BB.

Hypothetical scenario: Brady comes out publically and complains about having to do certain practice drills. Says joint practices are dumb.

What would the consequences be? Would he get no snaps whatsoever in preseason games? Fined privately? It's so hard to imagine it happening that I can't come up with an answer.

Hypothetical scenario: Brady comes out publically and complains about having to do certain practice drills. Says joint practices are dumb.

What would the consequences be? Would he get no snaps whatsoever in preseason games? Fined privately? It's so hard to imagine it happening that I can't come up with an answer.
He may have only do that if they weren’t winning. There was a 10 year drought of winning a Super Bowl that must’ve been extremely frustrating for him.

This is the reason he is a media darling, he gives media folks material to use.

And another reason to hate on Brady. A. Rodgers Your Up! P. Mahomes Your On Deck!

P. Manning X Fail!
A. Luck X Fail

Between his family issues and then his break up with Olivia Mann, I was always hesitant to picks sides.

This pretty much confirms it for me and I think I will just have to throw my support to Olivia

Between his family issues and then his break up with Olivia Mann, I was always hesitant to picks sides.

This pretty much confirms it for me and I think I will just have to throw my support to Olivia
Agree. I don't think the crux of the beef was Olivia. I do like Olivia Munn.

IMO Danica Patrick is a downgrade and unlikable.

Is there anything he doesn’t btch about? I can just imagine behind the scenes if this is the type of stuff he tells the press about. Brees or Ryan would have had great success in New England. I don’t see how guys like Rodgers or Roethlisberger would have succeeded, considering these are personality traits, just as engraved into them as quarterbacking skills.

I feel like this is one of those areas where we are so spoiled for good quarterbacking we can't really put ourselves in a position to judge this fairly.

Agreed on Drew Brees and Matt Ryan, I'll also throw Phillip Rivers in as another example of a QB who would have done well for us

IMHO Roethlisberger would have a career here, dude has his personality problems but he works hard. We've had unsavory characters on the team before and it's been more-or-less fine as long as they're prepared to work hard and they have the talent to justify their place on the team. James Harrison was not the nicest man on the planet for a recent example and he fit in just fine. Aaron Hernandez is also low hanging fruit for comparison's sake.

Also, Roethlisberger in particular would be easier for a Belichick to deal with than for a guy like Tomlin, especially if BB had the credentials of past Superbowl wins and a precedent in Bledsoe to remind Big Ben that he could and WOULD be cut if he went too far

That said I've gotten the impression that Aaron Rodgers is growing a bit lazy as he moves into the back 9 of his career and no, that would NOT fly here. Every time I see him complain it seems to be about the team asking him to put in work in ways a rookie would do without complaint and probably be glad for the opportunity. Goes with the OP's comment about being entitled I guess. Dude wants to slow it down, and i almost get it considering he's getting older, but taking public swipes at the coach is not the way to do that.

To be fair (and I hate to defend Rodgers), LaFleur was one of the dumbest coaching hires I've ever seen.

Doesnt matter.

These things should be kept in private.

Aaron rodgers is just so damn overrated. He might be the most talented QB of all time but Jesus how there are still people talking about him being so great and dare to compare him to TB12. I mean his last MVP caliber season is 5 years ago, while Brady had several in that time. Not to mention that in NFLs top 100 Brady has beaten him every time since 2014.

If he's so dominant and only the bad defenses keep him from being so great why do those individual categories not reflect that? Because he is a franchise QB with flashes of greatness nothing mote and nothing less.

Yes. We've seen the best and have to laugh when Rodgers or anyone else is compared to TB12. No comparison IMHO.

The same thing happened with PEDton Manning. All of his one and done playoffs, many times with the best regular season record, took him out of the Brady comparison. Aaron Rogers is worse than Manning.

Last edited:
If I were the Packers GM, I’d trade him for 3-4 first rounders - some team will bite. You unload all of his salary and start from scratch.

I'm sure the Redskins would take him..

Agree. I don't think the crux of the beef was Olivia. I do like Olivia Munn.

IMO Danica Patrick is a downgrade and unlikable.

Makes them a "perfect" match..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey