SOURCE:WEEI

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Giants
Thu
Aug 29th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Pats Best Rookie?
Chase Winovich is off to a terrific start here in preseason and looks to have a bright future ahead of him.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

OT: Aaron Rodgers Is A Human Corrosive Substance

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by robertweathers, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Ras-IR Dowling

Ras-IR Dowling Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7,282
    They made the hire due to the success of the Rams. McVay was a young unknown and it worked out. But like you said it’s gonna be tougher to earn the respect of a veteran qb than a rookie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. libra957

libra957 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +950
    He could at least wait for a couple of losses.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. 203Pat

203Pat Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Rodgers is battling it out with Travis Kelce for my least favorite pleaser in the league.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,173
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

We can only stand obnoxiously on the sidelines laughing at teams with this kind of problem. Right now we're in the heavenest football heaven ever gone to. That "super bowl drought" is, in reality, notable because after a 3/4 dynasty run, nobody stays "potentially" viable another decade, and whatever comes after nobody comes back and wins 3/5 after a decade. This isn't just "oh a different kind of dynasty from the 70s steelers or the 80s 9ers or the 90s Cowboys..." This is quantitatively mo better.

Every story during that period, other than the Brady 2008 injury, pretty much turned out to be overrated. Just damn. But that said, we've been able to straight-up laugh at would-be rivals most years with no fear, and the Rodgers drama is no exception.

My opinion? We got a right guy, right team, right coach, right moment quadfecta in the Brady-Belichick era, combined with 2 guys that somehow got winning like nobody else who gets there gets it... keeping the hunger alive, keeping never too high and never too low... and on BB's side, keeping ruthlessly focused, even if that means a revolving ensemble cast. Sure I'd love to see Philippa Soo play Eliza, but that's 5 casts ago. Move on.

So here we are in this cosmically unlikely position to laugh at what happens in the real world... and what is happening to/because of Rodgers is a sad example.

1) Folks looking for things to hate about Rodgers (I think I saw missing the open guy then trying to make up for it with a SC highlight throw, whatever...) Come on. Let's stipulate that as a pure QB, he's ****ing great. He really is. Take away intangibles, he's woulda-coulda-shoulda great, a lot like Peyton was. Come to think of it, they both make their real money on commercials. Guess they pad their stats with insurance touchdowns. Thank you very much I'll be here all week.

But seriously, he is good at throwing foobaw. He can even run foobaw a little bit. Yay.

2) Turning on the team, as he's been known to do, really is something we can't judge accurately, but we can really sneer at derisively.

We don't know what happened to spoil us like this. A lot of guys here like to act like they know... We don't know the secret sauce that laughs off every soap opera being imposed from outside (e.g., "this team hates its coach/BB tried to drive out TFB to keep JG in the building"), that says "shrug, it is what it is" with backbreaking losses, even when the Hoodie himself seems "disappointed." I think a lot of it is, winning breeds winning. Everybody concerned has been rewarded many times for rolling with the punches, and we have seen the cautionary tales of those who crumble despite themselves under the pressure, with no institutional guardrails against navel-gazing.

That's what we've seen in Rodgers.

There have been enough stories already that he's looking for more/less subtle ways to make the narrative, "Rodgers is great but the talent/coaching around him, not so much."

Better yet, "Rodgers is the real GOAT, just look at those numbers."

Okay man, end of the season, you just throw some stat sheets into the shredder and get your wife/girlfriend to throw it in the air while you drive in the driveway real slow in your 10-year-old MVP car. That's what you're signing up for.

Don't get me wrong, I am not sure but I think that he plays through pain... anyway, cant remember him being a baby about it. He makes great throws. Legendary low interception numbers (the anti-Favre.) But let something go wrong and he isn't problem-solving, he's building the next narrative. As a writer, I appreciate the instinct, but as a football fan, I'd say it's a good thing that our QB is not Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Not only would he have that narrative thing going on, he also engages in magical thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  5. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7,269
    Best player not to make the playoffs since 2016.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. goheels22002

Ratings:
    +7,269
    Situational football. His quarterback being a douchebag, LaFleur is working on special teams because the Packers punt and kick field goals a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +9,040
    Lane Johnson says hi......

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. goheels22002

Ratings:
    +7,269
    I don't know any Packers fans, but I bet they do when they are watching Rodgers in the PGA Tour of Champions Pro Am golf tournament while Brady is setting an NFL record every time he throws a pass in the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. goheels22002

Ratings:
    +7,269
    Antonio Brown says, "My feet are cold and my head's too big."

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,775
    The winner is awarded the Tyreek Hill trophy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Simpelton

Simpelton In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,132
    Sure, if you're comparing whats happening in GB to an ideal situation.

IMHO if you're going to do this "young hungry HC" thing, you need either a very young QB or a QB whose prestige has taken a huge hit and is willing to work with new ideas in order to recover his mojo. It worked with Goff because he falls into the first group and was a borderline candidate for the second group. Rodgers falls into neither of these groups, he is an established veteran with his own ways of doing things it's a slap in the face to bring in an unproven guy in that situation, especially one with plans to shake things up.

Like it or not they're stuck with ROdgers for the rest of his career. For the most part that's a good thing, but it does limit your options a bit because you can only ruffle his feathers up to a point. I feel like GB ignoring this issue and going well past that point by bringing in a complete unknown who isn't giving one of the best QBs in the league significant input on how the job should be done, is nothing but a major mistake.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  12. Elijah

Elijah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,113
    Imo the trophy is named after Big Ben.

• Like Like x 1
  13. nabwong

nabwong Vice President of Boycott NFL Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,142
    They should have featured the packers on hard knocks this year.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Wheelman

Wheelman Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +11,395
    Unfortunately not permitted under the rules but would have been insightful.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,668
    It’s too bad they did the Browns on Hard Knocks last year. This year would have been really interesting.

16. 203Pat

203Pat Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,072
    True. He is in his own category for horrific human beings.

17. Triumph

Triumph Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +8,442
    Family business is conducted behind closes doors. You can still oppose new ideas and have input.

Airing it out publicly only gives the media exactly what they want. Drama and bad blood.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28,554
    Perhaps we call it the Rae Caruth club Winners include Michael Vick, Ray Lewis, josh brown, ray rice, #81, Adrian Peterson, Nd Suh, Greg hardy, Tyreek hill, David meggett, Terrell suggs and most of the new York jets.
    Apologies to the other human piles of garbage I left off the list.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Vatahala

Vatahala Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,136
    The Ringer offers a GB season preview of Aaron Rodgers or so I thought as it highlights his love of GOT, the Office and Tarentino movies. Not a single mention of football and it makes him sound like a guy you want to share a beer with.

20. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,489
    While my allegiance is first and foremost to the Patriots, my 'NFC team' is Green Bay. I fell in love with the culture and team under Favre and it has carried over to the Rodgers regime.

I find Rodgers to be incredibly fun to watch, but his 'act' off the field is starting to wear thin. I wish he would just 'shut up and play', but to a degree I do get his frustration. Why couldn't they hire a coach with at least some credibility? I bet McDaniels would have jumped at this job, and even though he hasn't done much as a head coach, I think his working relationship with Brady would have offered instant credibility.

Oh well. Either way, it's tough to see him publicly questioning the guy who is the leader of the team. It's almost as if he's setting it up for later in the season when they fail so that it seems obvious to everyone else that it's not "Rodger's fault".

• Useful Useful x 1