PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Aaron Rodgers Is A Human Corrosive Substance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on Rodgers side to a certain extent. As @Elijah said, this was a disastrous hire. Why would you hire a coach who literally hasn’t done jack sh$t? Rodgers is acting like this because he doesn’t respect the Coach. How do you as a first time Head Coach, and who hasn’t done anything as a coordinator, tell a QB that has won a Super Bowl it should be done a certain way? You’re asking for trouble.

Where I think Rodgers is wrong is airing out his dirty laundry and humiliating his Head Coach to the media. Once you lose the leader of the team, teammates will follow. LaFluer will be fired after one year if they miss the playoffs.

But I disagree that Rodgers would act like this if BB was his coach. In fact, I think he’s the only coach he’d respect due to BB being the only current Head Coach that has won multiple Super Bowls.

They made the hire due to the success of the Rams. McVay was a young unknown and it worked out. But like you said it’s gonna be tougher to earn the respect of a veteran qb than a rookie.

He could at least wait for a couple of losses.

I feel like this is one of those areas where we are so spoiled for good quarterbacking we can't really put ourselves in a position to judge this fairly.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

We can only stand obnoxiously on the sidelines laughing at teams with this kind of problem. Right now we're in the heavenest football heaven ever gone to. That "super bowl drought" is, in reality, notable because after a 3/4 dynasty run, nobody stays "potentially" viable another decade, and whatever comes after nobody comes back and wins 3/5 after a decade. This isn't just "oh a different kind of dynasty from the 70s steelers or the 80s 9ers or the 90s Cowboys..." This is quantitatively mo better.

Every story during that period, other than the Brady 2008 injury, pretty much turned out to be overrated. Just damn. But that said, we've been able to straight-up laugh at would-be rivals most years with no fear, and the Rodgers drama is no exception.

My opinion? We got a right guy, right team, right coach, right moment quadfecta in the Brady-Belichick era, combined with 2 guys that somehow got winning like nobody else who gets there gets it... keeping the hunger alive, keeping never too high and never too low... and on BB's side, keeping ruthlessly focused, even if that means a revolving ensemble cast. Sure I'd love to see Philippa Soo play Eliza, but that's 5 casts ago. Move on.

So here we are in this cosmically unlikely position to laugh at what happens in the real world... and what is happening to/because of Rodgers is a sad example.

1) Folks looking for things to hate about Rodgers (I think I saw missing the open guy then trying to make up for it with a SC highlight throw, whatever...) Come on. Let's stipulate that as a pure QB, he's ****ing great. He really is. Take away intangibles, he's woulda-coulda-shoulda great, a lot like Peyton was. Come to think of it, they both make their real money on commercials. Guess they pad their stats with insurance touchdowns. Thank you very much I'll be here all week.

But seriously, he is good at throwing foobaw. He can even run foobaw a little bit. Yay.

2) Turning on the team, as he's been known to do, really is something we can't judge accurately, but we can really sneer at derisively.

We don't know what happened to spoil us like this. A lot of guys here like to act like they know... We don't know the secret sauce that laughs off every soap opera being imposed from outside (e.g., "this team hates its coach/BB tried to drive out TFB to keep JG in the building"), that says "shrug, it is what it is" with backbreaking losses, even when the Hoodie himself seems "disappointed." I think a lot of it is, winning breeds winning. Everybody concerned has been rewarded many times for rolling with the punches, and we have seen the cautionary tales of those who crumble despite themselves under the pressure, with no institutional guardrails against navel-gazing.

That's what we've seen in Rodgers.

There have been enough stories already that he's looking for more/less subtle ways to make the narrative, "Rodgers is great but the talent/coaching around him, not so much."

Better yet, "Rodgers is the real GOAT, just look at those numbers."

Okay man, end of the season, you just throw some stat sheets into the shredder and get your wife/girlfriend to throw it in the air while you drive in the driveway real slow in your 10-year-old MVP car. That's what you're signing up for.

Don't get me wrong, I am not sure but I think that he plays through pain... anyway, cant remember him being a baby about it. He makes great throws. Legendary low interception numbers (the anti-Favre.) But let something go wrong and he isn't problem-solving, he's building the next narrative. As a writer, I appreciate the instinct, but as a football fan, I'd say it's a good thing that our QB is not Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Not only would he have that narrative thing going on, he also engages in magical thinking.

What an enabled, know-it-all, punk. Does he realize he is undermining his coach? What an ass. He gets his prior coach fired and he's already working on getting his current one axed.

One thing is clear: He wouldn't survive one minute here.

There is no way the AR/LaFleur marriage is gonna work.

On special teams drills which involve tackling:

On joint practices:

Aaron Rodgers not happy with Matt LaFleur's joint practices: Drills not 'very smart'

Best player not to make the playoffs since 2016.

To be fair (and I hate to defend Rodgers), LaFleur was one of the dumbest coaching hires I've ever seen.

Situational football. His quarterback being a douchebag, LaFleur is working on special teams because the Packers punt and kick field goals a lot.

I'm curious if packers fans talk about tom brady as much as patriots fans talk about aaron rodgers.

I don't know any Packers fans, but I bet they do when they are watching Rodgers in the PGA Tour of Champions Pro Am golf tournament while Brady is setting an NFL record every time he throws a pass in the playoffs.

Rodgers is battling it out with Travis Kelce for my least favorite pleaser in the league.

The winner is awarded the Tyreek Hill trophy.

Doesnt matter.

These things should be kept in private.
Sure, if you're comparing whats happening in GB to an ideal situation.

IMHO if you're going to do this "young hungry HC" thing, you need either a very young QB or a QB whose prestige has taken a huge hit and is willing to work with new ideas in order to recover his mojo. It worked with Goff because he falls into the first group and was a borderline candidate for the second group. Rodgers falls into neither of these groups, he is an established veteran with his own ways of doing things it's a slap in the face to bring in an unproven guy in that situation, especially one with plans to shake things up.

Like it or not they're stuck with ROdgers for the rest of his career. For the most part that's a good thing, but it does limit your options a bit because you can only ruffle his feathers up to a point. I feel like GB ignoring this issue and going well past that point by bringing in a complete unknown who isn't giving one of the best QBs in the league significant input on how the job should be done, is nothing but a major mistake.

Last edited:
They should have featured the packers on hard knocks this year.

It’s too bad they did the Browns on Hard Knocks last year. This year would have been really interesting.

Sure, if you're comparing whats happening in GB to an ideal situation.

IMHO if you're going to do this "young hungry HC" thing, you need either a very young QB or a QB whose prestige has taken a huge hit and is willing to work with new ideas in order to recover his mojo. It worked with Goff because he falls into the first group and was a borderline candidate for the second group. Rodgers falls into neither of these groups, he is an established veteran with his own ways of doing things it's a slap in the face to bring in an unproven guy in that situation, especially one with plans to shake things up.

Like it or not they're stuck with ROdgers for the rest of his career. For the most part that's a good thing, but it does limit your options a bit because you can only ruffle his feathers up to a point. I feel like GB ignoring this issue and going well past that point by bringing in a complete unknown who isn't giving one of the best QBs in the league significant input on how the job should be done, is nothing but a major mistake.

Family business is conducted behind closes doors. You can still oppose new ideas and have input.

Airing it out publicly only gives the media exactly what they want. Drama and bad blood.

The winner is awarded the Tyreek Hill trophy.
Perhaps we call it the Rae Caruth club Winners include Michael Vick, Ray Lewis, josh brown, ray rice, #81, Adrian Peterson, Nd Suh, Greg hardy, Tyreek hill, David meggett, Terrell suggs and most of the new York jets.
Apologies to the other human piles of garbage I left off the list.

The Ringer offers a GB season preview of Aaron Rodgers or so I thought as it highlights his love of GOT, the Office and Tarentino movies. Not a single mention of football and it makes him sound like a guy you want to share a beer with.

While my allegiance is first and foremost to the Patriots, my 'NFC team' is Green Bay. I fell in love with the culture and team under Favre and it has carried over to the Rodgers regime.

I find Rodgers to be incredibly fun to watch, but his 'act' off the field is starting to wear thin. I wish he would just 'shut up and play', but to a degree I do get his frustration. Why couldn't they hire a coach with at least some credibility? I bet McDaniels would have jumped at this job, and even though he hasn't done much as a head coach, I think his working relationship with Brady would have offered instant credibility.

Oh well. Either way, it's tough to see him publicly questioning the guy who is the leader of the team. It's almost as if he's setting it up for later in the season when they fail so that it seems obvious to everyone else that it's not "Rodger's fault".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes