PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opinions regarding our team logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: This needs some explaining.
"I think the current logo put a contemporary spin on the "patriot" tradition and has an appealing kinetic aspect to it suggesting forward motion. That slight abstraction makes it versatile beyond the static (and dated) early '60s vintage cartoon character that looks like a vague tripod image from any distance."

...are you the guy who designed it?

"I already can hear him breathing heavily."

...so what's to explain?

I dont like Flying Elvii. bring back Pat
d951172ae687660ea691253c9a23ffd8.jpg
54aa52887b9024b6540d5eee28488fd4--patriots-football-new-england-patriots.jpg

In other logo, mascot news....this just in. T-Rex swallowed a cheerleader on the 50 yard line. The hungry swallowed her in 2 bites just before washing her down with an ice cold silver bullet. We will return to the riveting logo talk after these words from Rolaids...

View attachment 20394
...but it looks like they're on the 14 yard line...

Oh, and there is this:

16. New York Jets
There's a fine line between simplicity and boredom. The Jets are way beyond that line. While the green oval, outlined "NY," italicized "JETS," and football underneath is a good look, being named after an airplane allows for so many logo possibilities like, um, an airplane.

For instance...

Winnipeg+Jets+Logo+Graphic+Art+on+Canvas.jpg

It doesn't matter at this point because one logo is almost exclusively associated with a successful franchise that has dominated the sport and constantly been in Super Bowls since it was adopted and the other (and part of this is compounded by the hindsight of modern success) is associated with a franchise that many considered to be a joke the entire time it was in place.

They aren't going to risk going back now. Especially being towards the end of the tail end of the Brady era where it's entirely possible they hit some growing pains upon the adoption of an older logo. Timing is everything and the Flying Elvis had great timing. And honestly, aside from some hardcore fans, nobody cares about this debate all that passionately.
One logo is almost exclusively associated with needlessly destroying an original AFL franchise's identity established over 32 years, attempting to forever cement the false propaganda that the team was never competitive and in fact inferior to every other team in the sport, declaring somebody over whom I'd start 8 different Patriots QB's in a game I wanted to win as among the G.O.A.T., a granted improved from the beginning but still drab decade in which absolutely nothing was achieved on the field as significant or successful as what was in the prior three decades, acquiescing to not one but two completely fake, biased and corrupt scandals which put the team at a competitive disadvantage and, again, served to corroborate all the ignorant, stupid beliefs across the nation that the team and its accomplishments are not valid and that it breaks rules and is illegitimate, and has no substantive basis for exoneration and therefore must resort to excessive crowing about winning.

A financially secure franchise that has dominated the sport and constantly been in Super Bowls since the aforementioned Drew Bledsoe was finally, mercifully replaced in 2001.

The other is associated with a franchise that local and national media, the National Football League itself, and opponents' owners, coaches, players and fans considered to be a joke the entire time it was in place, since they were all butt-hurt crybaby sore losers because we in fact regularly beat all of them on the field.

with Flying Elvis = 5 SB

with Pat Patriot = 0 SB

So for the same reasoning I wear the same Pats shirt every game, I go with the Elvis logo. If it works don't change it.

And the Browns logo? is ranked where?
It's about history and tradition...and pride.

Cleveland doesn't have that much to be proud of, but Paul Brown was a great innovator, and they built a dynasty, and, like the AFL, they beat the crap out of the NFL when they were challenged and earned their way into the league.

Furthermore, the old Browns were ahead of their time, being harmoniously integrated.

with Flying Elvis = 5 SB

with Pat Patriot = 0 SB

So for the same reasoning I wear the same Pats shirt every game, I go with the Elvis logo. If it works don't change it.
Well, one had Walt Coleman, the other had Ben Dreith...:rolleyes:

One logo is almost exclusively associated with needlessly destroying an original AFL franchise's identity established over 32 years, attempting to forever cement the false propaganda that the team was never competitive and in fact inferior to every other team in the sport, declaring somebody over whom I'd start 8 different Patriots QB's in a game I wanted to win as among the G.O.A.T., a granted improved from the beginning but still drab decade in which absolutely nothing was achieved on the field as significant or successful as what was in the prior three decades, acquiescing to not one but two completely fake, biased and corrupt scandals which put the team at a competitive disadvantage and, again, served to corroborate all the ignorant, stupid beliefs across the nation that the team and its accomplishments are not valid and that it breaks rules and is illegitimate, and has no substantive basis for exoneration and therefore must resort to excessive crowing about winning.

A financially secure franchise that has dominated the sport and constantly been in Super Bowls since the aforementioned Drew Bledsoe was finally, mercifully replaced in 2001.

The other is associated with a franchise that local and national media, the National Football League itself, and opponents' owners, coaches, players and fans considered to be a joke the entire time it was in place, since they were all butt-hurt crybaby sore losers because we in fact regularly beat all of them on the field.

Pat the Patriot:
Super Bowls: 0
League Championships: 0
Conference Championships: 1
Playoff Appearamces: 6
Division Championships: 3
Best Player: John Hannah (one of the best lineman ever)

Flying Elvis:
Super Bowls: 5
Conference Championships: 9
Playoff Appearances: 19
Division Championships: 17
Best Players: Brady (best QB ever), Gronk (most dominant TE ever), Adam Vinatieri (best kicker ever), Randy Moss (second best WR ever)
Oh and the consensus best coach ever.

Cleveland doesn't have that much to be proud of, but Paul Brown was a great innovator, and they built a dynasty, and, like the AFL, they beat the crap out of the NFL when they were challenged and earned their way into the league.

Furthermore, the old Browns were ahead of their time, being harmoniously integrated.

Its not surprising you would want to align yourself so closely to a uniform what won nothing. But there are really two issues here.

1. Anyone can like/dislike either logo for any reason. Its totally subjective.

2. Anyone here that would actually try to make an argument that this current uniform/era, whatever you want to call it somehow dosent posses any history (or connection) tradition or PRIDE? PRIDE? Is a total clown.

What you are doing is basically ****ting on all things this franchise has done since 94, and worse disrespecting the franchise, the players and most importantly the fans - particularly the passionate ones who post here.

You have this funking ridiculous elitist attitude about how YOUR patriots were the historic real Pats with all the pride and tradition and this new era dosent count.

Well you know what? You are a loser. You can feel whatever you like, but anyone who had the nerve to come on here and pull this crap is a real POS. I was around for the old uniforms too and all this whole thing was in 1994 was a ****ing uniform and logo update. If you are that mentally unstable about a logo then you need more help than I originally thought.

Big Fuking deal! Get a God Damn life you imbecile. You must have absolutely nothing good going on in your life to be either this bothered by a fuking logo or be this obsessed about anything and at the same time be so obnoxious about it.

Classless dork.

Its not surprising you would want to align yourself so closely to a uniform what won nothing. But there are really two issues here.

1. Anyone can like/dislike either logo for any reason. Its totally subjective.

2. Anyone here that would actually try to make an argument that this current uniform/era, whatever you want to call it somehow dosent posses any history (or connection) tradition or PRIDE? PRIDE? Is a total clown.

What you are doing is basically ****ting on all things this franchise has done since 94, and worse disrespecting the franchise, the players and most importantly the fans - particularly the passionate ones who post here.

You have this funking ridiculous elitist attitude about how YOUR patriots were the historic real Pats with all the pride and tradition and this new era dosent count.

Well you know what? You are a loser. You can feel whatever you like, but anyone who had the nerve to come on here and pull this crap is a real POS. I was around for the old uniforms too and all this whole thing was in 1994 was a ****ing uniform and logo update. If you are that mentally unstable about a logo then you need more help than I originally thought.

Big Fuking deal! Get a God Damn life you imbecile. You must have absolutely nothing good going on in your life to be either this bothered by a fuking logo or be this obsessed about anything and at the same time be so obnoxious about it.

Classless dork.
The bias and sick, corrupt treatment of the team is real, undeniable - Defamegate even went to court.

And the players, especially the really good ones, are denigrated, dismissed and unrecognized, which is unfair and sad. Not just the old ones; Tom Brady is lumped in with Lance Armstrong, etc.

I haven't rooted for us any less since Kraft's purchase, and certainly don't diminish anything that's been accomplished on the field this century.

But Kraft obviously isn't and won't stick up for the team, if he did I wouldn't need to.

Maybe you missed my earlier post about younger fans and there being nothing wrong with liking the flying elvis.

One logo is almost exclusively associated with needlessly destroying an original AFL franchise's identity established over 32 years
Why is that a bad thing? The Patriots were not a very successful franchise during that span. Sometimes, "original" isn't always "best" and can be improved upon, which the Patriots have proven.

Cleveland was great whrn
The bias and sick, corrupt treatment of the team is real, undeniable - Defamegate even went to court.

And the players, especially the really good ones, are denigrated, dismissed and unrecognized, which is unfair and sad. Not just the old ones; Tom Brady is lumped in with Lance Armstrong, etc.

I haven't rooted for us any less since Kraft's purchase, and certainly don't diminish anything that's been accomplished on the field this century.

But Kraft obviously isn't and won't stick up for the team, if he did I wouldn't need to.

Maybe you missed my earlier post about younger fans and there being nothing wrong with liking the flying elvis.
Tom Brady is almost universally regarded as the best ever

You attitude is disgraceful and disrespectful to everyone no matter how you try to spin it.

Now you are just trying to move goalposts, tap dance and strawman your way out of it while staying the course. As if Krafty Bob wouldnt have done or not done whatever he did or did not do (according to you) if the team had the old uniform?

Shut the fuk up already.

Pat the Patriot:
Super Bowls: 0
League Championships: 0
Conference Championships: 1
Playoff Appearamces: 6
Division Championships: 3
Best Player: John Hannah (one of the best lineman ever)

Flying Elvis:
Super Bowls: 5
Conference Championships: 9
Playoff Appearances: 19
Division Championships: 17
Best Players: Brady (best QB ever), Gronk (most dominant TE ever), Adam Vinatieri (best kicker ever), Randy Moss (second best WR ever)
Oh and the consensus best coach ever.
I guess folks in Wisconsin may not care that prior to Lombardi (and prior to them being the Siberia of the NFL) the Packers were truly great, with Curly Lambeau and among other things, a streak of 29 consecutive home games without defeat, an NFL record which still stands.

As has been pointed out before, the Patriots had one world championship stolen from them in 1976. Through 1968, except for divisional ties, the AFL had only its title game. Through 1977, the NFL had only one wild card team per conference (the Patriots were in the vastly better AFC). An additional wild card team was added in 1978; and a third in 1990.

As Kraft loves to do, you start with the "since Flying Elvis" premise, while the impressive and consistent winning on the field did not begin until 2001.

"I think the current logo put a contemporary spin on the "patriot" tradition and has an appealing kinetic aspect to it suggesting forward motion. That slight abstraction makes it versatile beyond the static (and dated) early '60s vintage cartoon character that looks like a vague tripod image from any distance."

...are you the guy who designed it?

"I already can hear him breathing heavily."

...so what's to explain?
I still don't get where you're coming from, saying I should work in the commissioner's office because I like the Flying Elvis logo.

Sometimes, "original" isn't always "best" and can be improved upon, which the Patriots have proven.
Sometimes, sure.

But I do not, for example, agree with the idea that all United States servicemen from 1776-1899 sucked and were lousy and less heroic and loyal and less worthy of honor and respect than those since, or that the flag they all fought under is outdated, historically inaccurate and in need of replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back