PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opinions regarding our team logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno have got used to the Flying Elvis, but have always been partial to Pat Patriot as well.

I would have liked a more stylized version of Pat Patriot.. it was rough and looked like it was part of a Jr. High Art Contest...

Do not know how Cleveland's non-logo was not the worse though... is nothing worth something.

with Flying Elvis = 5 SB

with Pat Patriot = 0 SB

So for the same reasoning I wear the same Pats shirt every game, I go with the Elvis logo. If it works don't change it.

My lucky shirt is a Browns sweatshirt that I got at a Pats game in Cleveland in 2000 (a horrible loss). That shirt has a better playoff record than Tom Brady.

I didn't like it when they dropped Pat Patriot and I never cared for the flying elvis look. Even with the winning that hasn't changed.

Pat the Patriot:
Super Bowls: 0
League Championships: 0
Conference Championships: 1
Playoff Appearamces: 6
Division Championships: 3
Best Player: John Hannah (one of the best lineman ever)

Flying Elvis:
Super Bowls: 5
Conference Championships: 9
Playoff Appearances: 19
Division Championships: 17
Best Players: Brady (best QB ever), Gronk (most dominant TE ever), Adam Vinatieri (best kicker ever), Randy Moss (second best WR ever)
Oh and the consensus best coach ever.

If championships for logos count why not championships for players? ;)

Pat's fine as a throwback. I know some guys are still unable to move forward. Vastly prefer the flying Elvis.

Do not know how Cleveland's non-logo was not the worse though... is nothing worth something.

Spinal tap moment...
"It's like the White Album, but it's brown."
"It's like, you look at it and you say, how much more brown is there, and the answer is, none." (something like that.)

Did someone mention poll for uniforms?

Not sure how Ray Lewis killed a guy uniforms would look on our players?:p

Pat Patriot is the Chuck Norris of logos. Obviously he would Ray Lewis any Ray Lewis Killed a Guy based uniform ;)

495-8568-9918-10-yyy

If championships for logos count why not championships for players? ;)
Because in a team sport a championship is a distinction given to the team. Otherwise are Edelman, Brown, Branch, Amendola, Hogan, etc better WR’s than Randy Moss?

You do need to use reality when analyzing this stuff

Excellent illustration of why such a uniform is obviously completely impractical.
No one could be expected to play at a high level wearing a tie.

Because in a team sport a championship is a distinction given to the team. Otherwise are Edelman, Brown, Branch, Amendola, Hogan, etc better WR’s than Randy Moss?

You do need to use reality when analyzing this stuff

Crediting logos but not players is far from reality.

The players you mentioned are in a similar position as many who played with Russell, but they had Brady and Belichick instead of Russell and Red.

Crediting logos but not players is far from reality.

The players you mentioned are in a similar position as many who played with Russell, but they had Brady and Belichick instead of Russell and Red.

Ok the reality is dude that the league Russell played in and the one Bird and Jordan and Lebron played in our vastly different. Far less black athletes at the time Russell started, you didn’t have the influx of the top international athletes, more teams, completely different rules, etc. It’s the same reason Otto isn’t the GOAT QB. It was just different. Russell was the GOAT for his era depending on how you feel about Wilt. But for the modern game, it’s Jordan.

with Flying Elvis = 5 SB

with Pat Patriot = 0 SB

So for the same reasoning I wear the same Pats shirt every game, I go with the Elvis logo. If it works don't change it.
It's okay, I totally get where you're coming from...but...

with syphilis = got 5 supermodels to go out on a second date

w/o std = 0 supermodels

Somehow, that just...doesn't quite...um...

eating Soylent Green daily = 40 work weeks in a year without needing bathroom break

w/o Marc Bertrand's fav food & no Drew Bledsoe poster on wall = 0 weeks

I just don't think they're connected...

Just found this monstrosity online.

Patriots.jpg

I'll take the swoosh across one shoulder instead of two logos on the sleeve. F*** the font for the numerals (look at how well the digital alarm clock numbers held up at Tampa.) Keep Elvis on the hat - nothing less sexy than spelling out the word... unless we too plan to move to NJ. The white on white combo seems unlikely to show up too often, but it goes without saying, no. get rid of the 3 Nike swooshes if the league allows us to. And for the love of god, don't put pointy stripes across the player's junk.

Okay I'm done.

Excellent illustration of why such a uniform is obviously completely impractical.
No one could be expected to play at a high level wearing a tie.

Although it would look kinda gangsta having your whole team in silk-screened Men in Black suits, like those Tuxedo t-shirts.

I dunno have got used to the Flying Elvis, but have always been partial to Pat Patriot as well.
I would have liked a more stylized version of Pat Patriot......

I think conceptually, the Flying Elvis was supposed to be the stylized Pat Patriot, basically. Not the same guy - they used the Man in the Mountain, probably to stay away from any ethnic in-fighting. A "Fighting Irish for the NFL" ain't the answer.

Pat Patriot "New "T" Party" Print - Hand Signed By Phil Bissell 11"x14" | eBay

If you just miss this guy, as he developed into a helmet logo, fine, so do I. But what's a more stylized version of this guy? Flying Elvis, basically.

If the NFL is looking to get even more money (that they don't need) they should consider what College Football teams are doing and having a new uniform for every damn game. LOL. The NBA has been doing this a well as teams rarely wear their actual uniform.

The NFL should allow teams to wear as many throwbacks or combinations as they'd like. I'm shocked the Pats haven't had one game wear they wore their 90's uniforms as you don't have to change the helmet. And they should wear the Pat Patriot uniforms for a game or two as well.

with syphilis = got 5 supermodels to go out on a second date

w/o std = 0 supermodels

Somehow, that just...doesn't quite...um...

eating Soylent Green daily = 40 work weeks in a year without needing bathroom break

w/o Marc Bertrand's fav food & no Drew Bledsoe poster on wall = 0 weeks
:confused:o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back