PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opinions regarding our team logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost all of us would rather have Pat back but it is what it is.

(Sammy, Sammy, Sammy shame on you, think what you've done,
APF diatribe in 5, 4, 3...)
Um, with all due respect, are you nuts? You want the guy taking a dump for the 1-15 and 2-14 twice team back? Take of your rose colored glasses.

This article was no doubt written by someone who has been butt-hurt by the Pats. They lost me upon the opening of the article but the icing on the cake was ranking the Redskins logo, which has a lot of people legitimately hurt, several spots above ours. LOL, we're in the cellar again.

I never cared for the Pat Patriot logo. It was fussy in it's day, and now it is fussy and dated.

Love the flying Elvis logo and current uni's. It's what I've grown up on.
It's the major reason that, these should be kept at least as a throwback going forward.

I've said before it's not fair to fans who grew up with this to dump it totally.

Of course, Kraft is responsible for this. He owns the team. He makes the decisions.

He must love the look; impossible to believe he has any reservations about handing out those blue jerseys to anyone and everyone he comes in contact with.

A lot of NFL logos get by on the fact that they are historical classics.

Take for example, the GB Packers (#4 on this list). If no one had ever seen that logo before and GB introduced it today as their new logo, it would be ridiculed mercilessly.

The Browns would be ridiculed mercilessly for not having a logo, as would Pittsburgh for having it on only 1 side of the helmet. But since that's "the way it has always been" no one bats an eye.

I love the Flying Elvis, way more than old tired Pat Patriot. There have been many debates on here throughout the years.
You're in the majority on this site.

On the Facebook post marking their introduction, the responses are 9 replies begging Kraft to go back to our real look to every 1 reply liking the f.e.

It's like the Confederate statues...they're kind of cool, attractive, conjuring images of our history as a country...

...but like the f.e., they're completely the idea, initiation and action of people who have nothing but contempt, disdain, hatred and ignorant bias against our franchise.

And they're ugly. Every player I've talked to, including those who've played for BB and Kraft, totally prefer our old/real uni's.

All along, Pats fans - and players - have been used to being made fun of, laughed at, and insulted. Kraft just happens to be a guy who goes right along with whatever Orthwein, Tagliabue, Goodell or anyone else in the league says and does.

There is no way people in Green Bay, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Dallas, Kansas City et al. would put up with some carpetbagging bastid from out of state dressing their teams up like USFL rejects, just as they're dumping sh*t all over their team's history and fans and planning to move them. No way.

I love the Flying Elvis, way more than old tired Pat Patriot. There have been many debates on here throughout the years.
You're in the majority on this site.

On the Facebook post marking their introduction, the responses are 9 replies begging Kraft to go back to our real look to every 1 reply liking the f.e.

It's like the Confederate statues...they're kind of cool, attractive, conjuring images of our history as a country...

...but like the f.e., they're completely the idea, initiation and action of people who have nothing but contempt, disdain, hatred and ignorant bias against our franchise.

And they're ugly. Every player I've talked to, including those who've played for BB and Kraft, totally prefer our old/real uni's.

All along, Pats fans - and players - have been used to being made fun of, laughed at, and insulted. Kraft just happens to be a guy who goes right along with whatever Orthwein, Tagliabue, Goodell or anyone else in the league says and does.

There is no way people in Green Bay, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Dallas, Kansas City et al. would put up with some carpetbagging bastid from out of state dressing their teams up like USFL rejects, just as they're dumping sh*t all over their team's history and fans and planning to move them. No way.

A lot of NFL logos get by on the fact that they are historical classics.

Take for example, the GB Packers (#4 on this list). If no one had ever seen that logo before and GB introduced it today as their new logo, it would be ridiculed mercilessly.

The Browns would be ridiculed mercilessly for not having a logo, as would Pittsburgh for having it on only 1 side of the helmet. But since that's "the way it has always been" no one bats an eye.
I don't think they're bad. Vince Lombardi himself designed the Packers'.

The Browns are indeed historic. They've at least got a stripe.

But the f.e. is a sad, diseased, decaying corpse with tatters rotting behind it...

I definitely prefer Pat taking a sh!t over Elvis. I also prefer the red over the blue.

But I am admittedly an old timer child of the 70's, so I get why some of you young turds like flying Elvis. Just don't tell me the uniforms are tied to the success. That 59-0 ass rape of the Titans in 09 came in the Red Pat Squatters.

Every old time fan would have gotten a little stiffy if we could have seen the logo of futility turned into the logo of a dynasty. But we're nitpicking, aren't we?

Um, with all due respect, are you nuts? You want the guy taking a dump for the 1-15 and 2-14 twice team back? Take of your rose colored glasses.

In a cocaine heartbeat. I'm not going on a corporate slick vs heritage screed (APF will do that for you ad nauseum). I would however suggest it is your vision that has been colored by wins into forgetting that ditching Pat for Elvis was part and parcel of a carpetbagger's plan for stealing our team.

@Actual Pats Fan

I get that some of you are nostalgic about the original, but seriously, it's pretty lame, looks like a 5th grader drew their dad playing football

1200px-New_England_Patriots_logo_old.svg.png

He's wearing blue.. But the jerseys were.. Red?

And red? Really great choice..

"In the United States, "Redcoat" is associated in cultural memory with the British soldiers who fought against the Patriots during the American Revolutionary War"

You guys act like it's the Bruins spoked B (one of the best in sports) when it's really closer to this..
327418810_3987d24dbb_o.gif

I get that some of you are nostalgic about the original, but seriously, it's pretty lame, looks like a 5th grader drew their dad playing football

A 5th grader drawing his Dad at least cares about his subject, as opposed to a carpetbagger shopping Logos R Us for something off the discount rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back