PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to the Browns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid DL and two very good linebackers for the Browns will give the Pats OL lots of trouble on Sunday. The Browns secondary looks pedestrian.

The Browns offense has big play potential from Chubb, Landry and OBJ. If the Browns have a brain, they've worked with Mayfield to play this one conservatively. Everybody saw what the Pats D did to Darnold.

This has the feel of a grinder to me unless the Browns come off their bye a bit rusty and fall behind by a couple of scores early.

Browns should game plan to do a lot of short throws with a few double move deep balls sprinkled in. Patriots have been susceptible to letting short throws and runs go long distances. If they try to throw deep all the time, they will lose.

Has Michel disappointed this season so far? Or is it the 0-Line? When do you think we might see Harris? I would have thought he'd get some opportunities by now.
Sony has mostly been fine. Blocking has been trash.

Speaking of facing the Browns, it's worthwhile to remember that the "boogeymen" defense actually originated with them- they used it to beat us in 2010. Of course, a little Peyton Hillis helped, but their standup, walkaround defense really got to Brady.

And of course BB steals or trades for whatever/whoever has given this team a hard time.

Mayfield's is prone to turnovers and media people have said has the same tendencies that made darnold struggle against us.

Hoping it's a long night for Mayfield. He is just an unlikable player

Sony has mostly been fine. Blocking has been trash.

No

Sony has been tentative and not explosive. He hits the defense and bounces back out like a rubber ball.

Browns should game plan to do a lot of short throws with a few double move deep balls sprinkled in. Patriots have been susceptible to letting short throws and runs go long distances. If they try to throw deep all the time, they will lose.
Browns offensive line is straight dogshit. You think the Patriots offensive line is bad?

They don't have time for double moves. They don't have time for single moves. That's why they're the 30th ranked pass offense and Mayfield's thrown 11 INTs.

Jackson does not play lazy, whatsoever. If anything, he plays too aggressive. I expect him to ease up on this as he matures. He'll understand in time that it's all about the timing, as far as disrupting the receiver he's covering. One well-timed slap, bump, or shove achieves the same result as endless grappling, as far as covering a route.

Grabbing a jersey is lazy. I don't care what you want to call it.

Speaking of facing the Browns, it's worthwhile to remember that the "boogeymen" defense actually originated with them- they used it to beat us in 2010. Of course, a little Peyton Hillis helped, but their standup, walkaround defense really got to Brady.

And of course BB steals or trades for whatever/whoever has given this team a hard time.

The Patriots were doing this to Bledsoe as far back as 2004.

Grabbing a jersey is lazy. I don't care what you want to call it.

Pretty obvious you've never played a down of football in your life. It's impossible not to grab a jersey.

The Patriots were doing this to Bledsoe as far back as 2004.

Pretty sure they weren't. I don't remember only one lineman in three point.

Pretty obvious you've never played a down of football in your life. It's impossible not to grab a jersey.

Pretty stupid straw man argument. So a woman/person has to have played football in order to understand the game. I can do it too though. You playing Madden doesn't count as you playing a down of football. Or your grand peewee days counts for nothing even though you were the best player 5 year old or under. Cut the crap.

Impossible to not grab a jersey is crap.

Pretty sure they weren't. I don't remember only one lineman in three point.

They definitely did the "few down and lots of people milling around near the LOS" thing. Whether it was 1 in 3pt instead of 2 or 0, I can't speak to that level of detail.

I strongly suspect that the Pats are punching Mayfield's ticket on the "Ghost-Train" this Sunday!

Go Pats!

Pretty stupid straw man argument. So a woman/person has to have played football in order to understand the game. I can do it too though. You playing Madden doesn't count as you playing a down of football. Or your grand peewee days counts for nothing even though you were the best player 5 year old or under. Cut the crap.

Impossible to not grab a jersey is crap.

I don't care if you're a male or female, I debate with you as equally as with anyone else.

Grabbing the jersey is a frequently used tactic in the game for a variety of reasons, by all position players. For example, CB's often grab the receiver's jersey so they know where he is while they turn back to track the ball.

I don't care if you're a male or female, I debate with you as equally as with anyone else.

Grabbing the jersey is a frequently used tactic in the game for a variety of reasons, by all position players. For example, CB's often grab the receiver's jersey so they know where he is while they turn back to track the ball.

And I don't care if you believe you are an expert because you play Madden or were a peewee champ. I sit under the lights every Friday night supporting my kids. They are coached specifically not to grab jerseys, but according to you, their coaches have never played football before. So I will tell the whole team your great wisdom and extreme football godhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back