PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Philadelphia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect us to come out fired up and play one of our better games of the year. Just saying. ;)

Yet with all that said they’re the second best team we’ve played all year.

Personally I'd have the healthy Steelers, Bills, Browns and Ravens ahead of the Eagles. But I realise that is subjective.

Wearing my Pats sweatshirt out and about today here in Philly and I am finding many a closeted Pats fans, or at least anti-Eagles. One was a Packers fan who hates the Eagles, others were transplants too afraid to actually wear Pats swag.....
I won't wear it to the game tomorrow with the drunken Darwin award winners as I would like to keep my teeth..............

I don’t expect our defense to give up 37 points again. It’s essential to get off to a good start.

just need the Oline to hold down the fort for 1 game until wynn is back....eagles secondary is pretty barren from what ive seen so hopefully sanu/Edelman can feast

Agreed. But one requires the other.

There's a sports bar here owned by a Philly guy and its eagles hq.
Only sports bar I've ever been to anywhere in the U.S. where every single tv had the eagles game on. I live in a coastal southern city populated by people from all over the country.
You'd think he'd want the revenue from fans of other teams but NOOOO.
I'm toying with watching the game there with full Patriots gear.
I'm in the Deep South but none of those southern manners have rubbed off on any of the Philly people I've met, so maybe it's a bad idea. I can't watch a game quietly. If the Pats score, I'll go nuts.
Ok it's a bad idea. I have a boxing background but also have all my teeth.
Like to keep em.

Reminds me of the sports bar in Bradenton Beach on Anna Maria Island. Bridge Tender Inn & Sports Bar. Great location, right on the water. All TVs Packers only...until they're eliminated.
A Pats fan friend of mine enjoyed 28-3 Pats SB comeback win there as he felt he was the only Patriots fan.

Wearing my Pats sweatshirt out and about today here in Philly and I am finding many a closeted Pats fans, or at least anti-Eagles. One was a Packers fan who hates the Eagles, others were transplants too afraid to actually wear Pats swag.....
I won't wear it to the game tomorrow with the drunken Darwin award winners as I would like to keep my teeth..............

I thought about rocking Pats gear there and some of my eagles friends say it will be cool but some people said nah.

perhaps

How many are better than a healthy PHI team?

Personally, I think that we are much better than a healthy PHI (or DAL) team. A healthy patriot team would be unbeatable.

I disagree with regard to BUF and PITT.

With regard to CLE, I don't think that coaching can be ignored. Including the effect of coaching, I think that a healthy PHI team is better than a healthy CLE team.

Personally I'd have the healthy Steelers, Bills, Browns and Ravens ahead of the Eagles. But I realise that is subjective.

I think that the BUF team we played was better than the PHI team that we will play tomorrow.

In any case, that is a low bar. We all know that we are facing 4 teams that we could say the same about (incl PHI), all in the next four games.

Yet with all that said they’re the second best team we’ve played all year.

Are we going to see Williams on a TE? McCourty is effective on TEs. Brooks too but he is 5'10" or 11". Obi is on the PS so he is not going to be used.

Are we going to see Williams on a TE? McCourty is effective on TEs. Brooks too but he is 5'10" or 11". Obi is on the PS so he is not going to be used.
My guess is that Williams lack of PT is more developmental than situational. Lots of better coverage guys.

Last edited:

Gilmore.

Reminds me of the sports bar in Bradenton Beach on Anna Maria Island. Bridge Tender Inn & Sports Bar. Great location, right on the water. All TVs Packers only...until they're eliminated.
A Pats fan friend of mine enjoyed 28-3 Pats SB comeback win there as he felt he was the only Patriots fan.
Ah my old stomping grounds (worked at restaurant on Longboat Key). I was in a bar in Wheeling Il for the SB comeback. Also, I think I was the only Pats fan (like I cared).

I think that the BUF team we played was better than the PHI team that we will play tomorrow.

In any case, that is a low bar. We all know that we are facing 4 teams that we could say the same about (incl PHI), all in the next four games.

You taking about the Philly team that blew out the bills 31-13? The one that gained almost 400 yards against a stout Bills D? The one that rushed for over 200 yards against the Bills D? Philly almost had more rushing yards than the Pats had total yards!

This is a good Philly team. When they play to their potential, they are good. They are much better than the Jills.

Every team has a bad game. The Pats played poorly against Baltimore. Philly will be a good challenge. Both teams have good motivation. Wentz wants to show everyone that he could have beaten the Pats as well (not just a Foles thing). The Pats clearly want to show they are a better D then in the SB TWO years ago.

Ah my old stomping grounds (worked at restaurant on Longboat Key). I was in a bar in Wheeling Il for the SB comeback. Also, I think I was the only Pats fan (like I cared).

Sensing a theme here: I was stuck in a sports bar by myself for the Seattle SB. And I was also the only Pats fan there.
The end of the game would've made a hilarious video- place was loud, raucous, as Seahawks line up for their last play. Even all the wait staff and bartenders are whooping and hollering. Then....total silence. They all had the same look Pete Carroll did. I thought a few of em were gonna cry. I was going nuts whooping at the top of my lungs. Good times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes