PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Watson holds out his price will probably drop.

I don’t know part of me doesn’t think he can be a amazing leader if he is going to shoot his way off the team right after signing a new deal.
I mean I love the player love the talent.
But he’s abandoning his team mates in the worst kind of way.
I can’t believe that every player on that team respects Deshawn and the team.

I don’t know part of me doesn’t think he can be a amazing leader if he is going to shoot his way off the team right after signing a new deal.
I mean I love the player love the talent.
But he’s abandoning his team mates in the worst kind of way.
I can’t believe that every player on that team respects Deshawn and the team.
I'm still trying to come up with a reason that the Texans should give in and make a trade. I mean, if you're Caserio, you just saw what moving on from Brady led to. Watson's not Brady, but he's a better QB that anyone Houston's likely to gain via trade or draft.

I'm still trying to come up with a reason that the Texans should give in and make a trade. I mean, if you're Caserio, you just saw what moving on from Brady led to. Watson's not Brady, but he's a better QB that anyone Houston's likely to gain via trade or draft.

And until the Colts make a move and/or we see what Lawrence is at the NFL level, he's by far the best QB in that division.

watson for russell, straight up

If Wilson's beef is protection and supporting cast, I'm not sure he'd be any happier in Houston. That seems like a lateral move for the Texans.

It's a lot of money but not A LOT of money.

The issue here is that with after June 1 trade they would actually create a ton of cap 23M (26.5M difference).
That indeed is a lot of cap esp since they are in cap hell. But could not use either pick for this draft or much needed cap during main part of FA.
This cap would still be welcome for next yr when they will be tight again due to many needed restructures..

If Colts f.e. miss out on vet QB of their liking and ATL drafts one of the top 3 & feels after spring he could be ready to start . the trade could still make some sense.

I can't remember any offseason with so many teams needing a QB and so many QBs that could be on the move.

Its funny how nervous everyone is. 2020 obviously took its toll. Teams need new QBs . QBs need new teams . managers need new $ fix . media needs new hot story every day . fans need new heroes and scapegoats . need need need . its so hysterical. And life goes by..

Thankfully i can still enjoy “trust the process“ with BB.

With all respect to QBs & the GOAT . there were in fact two outstanding defences (and team health) that won 2 of last 3 SB runs..

Guess Lamar will keep running for his life.
You know speaking of the Ravens there’s a Certain Penn State QB on the bench who Would look great in the flying Elvis
Why?

Guess Lamar will keep running for his life.
You know speaking of the Ravens there’s a Certain Penn State QB on the bench who Would look great in the flying Elvis
Watched that kid in HS...he was unbelievable, best HS QB I have seen. Then I learned he went to Vanderbilt as a Safety. My reaction was WTF? Then he transferred with Franklin to Penn St to play QB. Kid is a winner. QB'd in four straight VA state championship games. Would love to see him get a shot. Not sure he'd win it but would be fun to see him compete in camp.

Dan Dakich is a college basketball guy who is a total blowhard when it comes to football, so if he's saying Matt Ryan to the Colts, then it's not even a possibility

The Texans as they are right now are not going to win anytime soon, and BoB left them without any draft choices. Caserio might consider two 1sts and 3rd, plus Darnold from the Jete as a way to rebuild. Houston can't make a player wan't to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes