PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

*** OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL **** Patriots @ Cardinals Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not lie, I thought we could maybe win initially. Then the nink suspension, then gronk and solder out. I was just hoping for a good game. I am shocked we pulled off the win.

Thuney is a beast. Cannon and Andrews played well as well. Bannet was the blocking mvp tonight. He was murdering the cards so bad my wife even noticed during the 5 minutes of the game she was awake for.

All the WR played well. Jules was a man possessed, and Hogan is legit. I look forward to seeing what Mitchell can do going forward (singled up with Peterson a few times I believe as well. That says something...whether it's Az being stupid or a sign of respect early remains to be proved).

The defense is top tier, as expected. Watching Jamie Collins wandering about the line on the missed fg, looking for a break in the line to hop....have I mentioned i love this guy? The secondary looked shaky against one of the best passing attacks in the league. Nobody could cover Larry, but not many players can (Peterson being one of the few in the league). Flowers played great when on the field, and Long had his head on fire for stretches as well. Valentine and Brown were ok, Branch played well.

Then we have STs. Many of us wondered why we took a LS (from NAVY? He may not even be available!) so early 2 years ago. The botched snap on the missed fg is why. Some have wondered why Ghost is payed so well. Again, see the missed kick. Ghost makes damn near all the kicks he should, and makes more than he should of the long/mistimed fg. Also, his accuracy on kickoffs were stellar tonight.

That brings me to J. Jones. He quietly had the biggest coming out party on the team. On our last kick off, he was 10 uards ahead of any other coverage player, ran through a hold, and STILL turned the return man into his help. He was inches from blocking the missed kick. He was all over the place on pubt coverage as well. If he didn't make the play, he turned the return man east/west, or right into his coverage help. IOW, he made Slater look like a chump, and that's saying something.

Bennett strong
Hogan fast
BB ultra conservative
Vanilla
Little DBs vs Big WRs is NE's cryptonite
JAG RBs
Jimmy G needs to up the velocity on his fastball for NE to cash in on him in the offseason ...but great 1st game kid
Love the fight in our CBs
Let's practice some tackling
First place !!!!!!!!

When you lose the TO battle by 2 the odds of winning are like 10% great job winning on the road under those circumstances, need to play a cleaner game. Coleman showed up tonight/

Massive hysteria by cards fans...

I Was Wrong

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gonna give another shout out to James White. For some reason people were down on him. I mean I know that a large part of it was that he has struggled as a runner.

But I thought he had really excelled last season in the passing game and he continues to. Showed good speed and elusiveness on the swing pass, great low catch and a key catch on the crossing route for a first time.
people were pegging him to get cut before Lewis got hurt, not really sure why

Pats showing what it means to be a true Patriot tonight. To be beaten down by evil but come together in unity to rise up against overwhelming odds to achieve victory. This game has lifted my Patriot spirit again.

GOOOOO PATS!!

Gonna give another shout out to James White. For some reason people were down on him. I mean I know that a large part of it was that he has struggled as a runner.

But I thought he had really excelled last season in the passing game and he continues to. Showed good speed and elusiveness on the swing pass, great low catch and a key catch on the crossing route for a first time.

He ran hard, when he had the ball. That's the difference from before. He was always a good receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back