PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION *** Official Week 6 Other Games And News Thread ***

All run plays. I know the field position wasn't great but that is pretty pathetic for what should be a good run D.

first running TD allowed this year.

i doubt they lose 4 more..

I equally doubt they’ll win 7 more.

at Denver
Green Bay
Minnesota
at Tennessee
at San Diego
Oakland
at New England
Denver
at Chicago
San Diego

I don’t see Arizona, NYJ, Miami, Cincinnati, Washington on there. Denver (twice) and Chicago are their three “gimmies” but it’s a stretch to even say road games against those teams are gimmies.

Home vs. Denver may be the only game they are favored by a TD+.

Watson's pretty good but he has a Rivers/Romo/Favre propensity for critical ints. I like our D this year against that

Jimmi Looking good. Niners tie it up 7-7

The 49ers are for real.
They have TE that can block, also a solid o-line, also they have Kittle.

Btw it seems like a home game for the 49ers...lol

If Sam bursts his spleen will he live to make it to a hospital?

Enjoying significant football today, most of the match-ups are good and entertaining.

QB position can't be overvalued in this league. You're not winning or sniffing consistency w/out a good one.

Jax w Bottles, Jets w Sanchez etc are just the worst exceptions. Yea you need a balanced team but you're not winning w/out a QB.

The gamble isn't worth it, QB value is too high.

2017 Draft
Browns - Garrett
Bears - Trubisky
49ers - Thomas
Jags - Fournette
Tenn - Davis
Jets - Adams
Chargers - Williams
Carolina - Caff
Bengals - Ross
Chiefs (From Buffalo!) - Mahomes
Saints - Lattimore
Texans - Watson

Its a fierce, fine line. I understand that. You take the wrong QB you're set back 3-5 years. Maybe longer. The position is too important though.

I've always thought abt adding points as positional value when I grade a prospect but for a few reasons always opted against it.

Mentioned this a few times but I think a strict QB/OL-DL/CB in the first 1-2 Rds might be the way to go unless you're a reg playoff team/already have an established QB you can depend on. You can take a few chances but again I go back to value.

Is it really worth taking a RB/WR/TE before RD 1?
Safety/LB I can be swayed I guess but I think its safe to say you can get all your "weapons" later in the draft.

Well, the Texans won the first ever "The QBs the Bears Should have Drafted Instead of Mitchell Trubisky" Bowl.

Traded up 1 spot for Trubisky when they could have saved draft picks and took either at #3 and one of the picks given up was #67 in that draft, which turned out to be the pick used on Alvin Kamara.

Imagine being a Bears fan that has to live with the knowledge they could have had Watson/Mahomes and Kamara

And it's not like they didn't take a RB in the draft, they took Cohen in the 4th so they definitely had RB as a need.

Browns drop to 2-4 with the Patriots up next in two weeks. The media darlings are on cusp of missing the playoffs.

Browns sb54 champs are 2-4 now

I equally doubt they’ll win 7 more.

at Denver
Green Bay
Minnesota
at Tennessee
at San Diego
Oakland
at New England
Denver
at Chicago
San Diego

I don’t see Arizona, NYJ, Miami, Cincinnati, Washington on there. Denver (twice) and Chicago are their three “gimmies” but it’s a stretch to even say road games against those teams are gimmies.

Home vs. Denver may be the only game they are favored by a TD+.
Green Bay, Minnesota, Oakland at home could very well be losses, since they're such a garbage home team now. @New England goes without saying. @Tennessee is a tough place to play, and they've played KC very well over the last few years. San Diego at home, I would normally say is a possibility, but SD could be playing to make the playoffs at that point, and will very likely choke.

Enjoying significant football today, most of the match-ups are good and entertaining.

The most lopsided game that springs to mind was Cincy/Baltimore and that came down to a score, right?

Jets already abusing Dak.

It’s hard being a pats fan and living in the south. All of the saints fans are slurping Payton’s nuts right now.

This is the Saints year. Book it.

Browns drop to 2-4 with the Patriots up next in two weeks. The media darlings are on cusp of missing the playoffs.

It's crazy because you see this recurring theme, year in and year out, of the offseason SB champs failing to deliver on the field. And yet people still get all wound preemptively wound up after a big splash FA season.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back