PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Unofficial Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im as pissed at the refs, as i am for the call to throw. Blount gets that all day. Are we forgetting his 3 tds?

I kno Cyrus has been left for dead at this point but he can't be worse than Ryan based on his play at Bama. At worst he will make mistakes and maybe some high upside plays like an INT (and then fumble lol)

Idk how bill get's rid of the talent on defense and expect to just plug anyone and play. You still need talent. This defense will remain a sour spot until they're in the playoffs. They can't stop a nosebleed. The personnel's just not the same as last year.

For years the Patriots D was opportunistic, TO's were a thing of the norm, every week they created them, now the D can't create a TO to save their lives plus no pass rush equals a mediocre defense . Meanwhile our best play makers on O are fumbling the ball or throwing a pick. Something has to change or Kapp will tear us to shreds !

Time to call out the GM....

2016- no first rd pick, 2nd rd pick, can't beat out Logan Ryan, and can't not fumble kick returns
2015-1st pick, great Brown, 2nd pick CUT
2014- 1st rd pick CUT, 2nd rd Jimmy, good pick
2013-1st traded, two 2nds one CUT, the other traded for a 2018 4th rounder
2012-2 1st both home runs, then traded away for Cyrus Jones, Hightower great pick, 2nd rd CUT

That's 12 first or second round picks, only 4 remain on the team. Tough to make a team without the cheap rookie deals of high draft picks.

No, that pick ended up becoming Mitchell and Thuney. They drafted Jones with their own pick. And Wilson, unlike the others, at least made it to the end of his rookie contract.

More importantly, Jordan Richards hasn't been cut. (I won't argue that the pick was a head scratcher.) In fact, their top seven picks are still on the team.

Edelman fumble cost them the game.

Doesn't it make sense to put both Flowers and Sheard on the field on passing downs?

As bad as the defense was and losing the turnover battle 2-0, it still came down to the final possession. Team can learn a lot from this game and get better for the final stretch

The defense sucked and caused 0 turnovers.

Despite that we scored 24 points on an elite defense.

What do people want from the offense?
The problem with an opinion as such as it only points to the positives and doesn't address the negative aspects of their performance.

This defense had chances to get off the field and give it back to the offense. This performance tonight was pathetic!!!! Kaepernick will look like a pro bowler next week.

Bennett stiff arm Thomas down to the ground is just outright unfair. I was pumped up at that play... then the Pats D came and destroyed my sanity....

Edelman fumble cost them the game.

It was a huge play - that is 2 lost 4th quarter fumbles this year. On the upside, they were getting the ball down the field to him. But the fumbles need to stop.

I'm glad they play so conservative so as to not give up the big play. :confused:

What is Bill's defensive philosophy? From what I see, they don't do anything well, and half the time it looks like nobody even know where they're supposed to be.

I love how they almost kind of mock Seattle and how they don't change anything up, while the Patriots are "multiple". Well, I'll take their one very good dimension over your 12 crappy ones.

Any Logan Ryan supporters want to have a go at tonight's performance?

Defense sucked, pure and simple. The way the offense got cute at the end and tried to burn a few seconds instead of just punching it in out of fear of what Seattle's O might do was sickening.

I'm sure it's been beaten to death, but I would love to know the story on the Collins trade. You trade your best defensive player for a third rounder, and something ain't right. Could really haunt them, but BB had his reasons I guess. Chris Long has been regressing every game. I think he's pretty much toast. Lot's of questions on D.

Where are the Chris Long supporters who argued with me that he's played better than chandler jones this year?

It's 1 game/Pats sloppy. Roberts and High need to get on the same page. That team hasn't been able to run the ball all year until last night. When the Pats show up....the 2 best teams in the NFL were on the field last night. Dallas Cowboys are pretenders. I'd be shocked if the Hawks don't represent the NFC in the super bowl in Feb

Just gotta love the pessimism on this board, you'd think this was 41-14 all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes