PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL Super Bowl Bucs/Chiefs Game Thread

Bucs got this. No mistakes and clock killing drive.

He really should not have to wait 5 years for the HOF

You can say what you like, but Mahomes is leaving everything out there. The kid is incredible.
He’s impressed me. Even in this less than perfect game for them...

Mahomes is so good. Fortunately his team sucks.

Mahomes has faced some pressure, but he’s also had opportunities. It’s incredibly small minded and lazy to put the whole story on not having starting tackles.

Bucs D has done a great job across the job on Hill, Kelce, etc and not leaving options open. Insult to the Bucs D and Bowles to not give them credit for this showing.

he hasn't had a pocket one more than maybe 3-4 plays all night

i can't stand mahomes.....but he's been impressive tonight on an offense that for a variety of reasons is overmatched tonight

This is how the chiefs and Maholmes are gonna look like pretty consistently in about 2 years. Wonder how long he can play running for his life

Pretty much. Not going to be able to afford an online or rest of the team when you have Mahomes. Hill and kelce taking up 60% of the cap. Just like the Seahawks "dynasty"

Mahomes has almost as much protection as Fran the Man Tarkenton had while he was in Minnesota

Those were two unbelievable throws by Mahomes. Just incredible that he managed to get both on target.
Yup. I’ve never seen anyone make throws like that in my life. His body was parallel to the ground on the last one and he still put it in the right spot. Say what you will about the kid, but he really is a magician.

Belichick might have been able to keep Brady if he did things differently, but I don't think Gronk would ever had played for the Patriots ever again no matter what. I don't think he was ever comfortable with the Patriot way. He is guy who wants to be with a team that lets him be him.

I think Belichick has made a lot of personnel mistakes in recent years. But with the state of the Patriots when Brady left, I still don't think it was as bad of a decision to part ways as it looks tonight. The Pats weren't winning a Super Bowl with or without Brady and we don't know how much longer Brady really has. He could play at a high level until age 50 or fall completely apart next year. And let's face it, based on 2019, we didn't know if the decline was already significant when he left.

Where Belichick really screwed up was not trading Garoppolo before the season he was traded and then trying to trade Brady without getting Kraft's permission before that. I think Brady was gone the first chance he got after he found out that Belichick was trying to trade him to the 49ers which was vetoed by Kraft. And I think it affected Brady's attitude in 2019 and probably affected his play.

It wasn’t clear that the Patriots couldn’t have gotten to the playoffs with Brady. I think they could be 11-5 and make the playoffs. After that who knows.

Now run it down their throats

Really hapoy for brady and gronk. If brady had stayed we would be seeing mahomes lift the second super bowl. At least now we get a chance to see brady and gronk get it.. a TD and it seals the game..

I want to say that it’s still amazing how can Mahomes throw the football
Brady used to do that a lot too jus never got lucky like Mahomes did on two plays there....

"His" six banners? Or the team's six banners?

Bucs have a lot of pending FAs. They'll need to have a good offseason in order to remain this talented.
His six, dude. Don’t be ridiculous. He was the leader and quarterback for two bookend Patriot Dynasties, with a long stretch of either undefeated regular seasons, or blowing teams out in terrifying fashion (nobody instilled fear in the NFL like Tom Brady’s run offenses 2007-2016. Teams quit after the first drive)

The laundry act is tired, bro.
Of course they’re the teams. They’re also Tom ****ing Brady’s. Let’s not deny the obvious out of a flawed sense of team loyalty.

Jones looks like he's going to break a long one every time he finds a crease.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back