PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** Official "Season's over, time to clean house" hirings/firings thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im repeating myself.

Sanchez, Geno Smith and Tyrod Taylor. Ryan never had a QB.
Excuses. He had 8 years to win and he didn’t.
Excuses are for losers.

Wonder how many men it took to pull Garrett's mouth off Jones'...
Garrett definitely has pictures of Jerry in a massage parlor in Florida

...I am sure many Bears fans will be upset, but for next year it's the right thing to do and continuity gives them best chance to take a leap forward. Now if he sucks in 2020...that's a different story.
Don't worry, he will...I almost feel bad for their HC: he's stuck with a QB who sucks and with a GM who thought it would be a better idea to surrender multiple draft picks in order to move up one measly spot for a QB who sucks, than to merely stand pat, keep those picks (or use them to make other moves), and simply draft one of the QBs who doesn't suck...

Long overdue....Garrett is one of the WORST HC of ALL TIME....barely edging out Freddie Kitchens and Marvin Lewis

Just like his father, an arrogant SOB if there ever was one.

So does Brady, who should have retired on top a year ago & turned it over to JG. His failure to do so killed the Patriot dynasty. And Bob Kraft can go to hell for forcing BB to make that awful trade!
Now that you’ve shared your feelings....

I am SOOOOO glad we traded JG just so I know people like you are home stomping your feet wishing our dynasty lasted 35 years.

HOO Rah

Long overdue....Garrett is one of the WORST HC of ALL TIME....barely edging out Freddie Kitchens and Marvin Lewis
Kitchens yes Garrett and Lewis are nowhere near the worst of all time. They coached for a decent amount of time and led their teams to the playoffs with different QB’s. I don’t think they’re great or even good coaches by any means but they’re far from the worst of all time. Some of the worst in recent memory are guys like Ben Mcadoo, Jim Tomsula, Lane Kiffen, and Rich Kotite.

I am SOOOOO glad we traded JG just so I know people like you are home stomping your feet wishing our dynasty lasted 35 years.

HOO Rah

Are you a Jets fan? I have a hard time understanding the sentiment on this board that it’s all over when Brady leaves, so we might as well over pay him until he’s 59.

We have the greatest coach of all time, BB is perfectly capable of winning without Brady. I have no doubt he would have won multiple championships with Jimmy G. I’m sorry if that thought is abhorent to you. I don’t care who the QB is. I want championships.

Last edited:

HOO Rah

Are you a Jets fan? I have a hard time understanding the sentiment on this board that it’s all over when Brady leaves, so we might as well over pay him until he’s 59.

We have the greatest coach of all time, BB is perfectly capable of winning without Brady. I have no doubt he would have won multiple champs with Jimmy G. I’m sorry if that thought is abhorent to you. I don’t care who the QB is. I want championships.[/QUOTE]
I agree with the last two sentences. Feel the same way.

But, surely you know that by coming in here and restarting the whole Jimmy v Brady argument that you would face resistance. There are many, many Brady first fans on here.

Secondly, championships are rare. They just have been plentiful here, during the last two decades. This doesn’t happen. So, unless you are convinced Jimmy would have delivered the same number of trophies from 2014-2018, the move was the right one to make. I like Jimmy. But I’m not convinced he wins the 2016 SB. Nor does he win the 2019 season AFCCG.

Brady has delivered. And even though we are closer to the end than ever, keeping #12 was a smart move. He’s won more SBs “after he was done” than almost every single QB in the League’s history.

Back to back AFCC.

He deserves a shot.
He got 6 more years after that and failed miserably. He proved he was a buffoon.
You didn’t say he deserves a shot you said he will win a Sb if he is hired. Getting a 9-7 or 10-6 wild card and getting to a ccg is not evidence you will win a Sb. With Ryan it’s proof he got a couple of lucky wins with inherited players and when his culture, system and approach took over the teams feel apart.

He got 6 more years after that and failed miserably. He proved he was a buffoon.
You didn’t say he deserves a shot you said he will win a Sb if he is hired. Getting a 9-7 or 10-6 wild card and getting to a ccg is not evidence you will win a Sb. With Ryan it’s proof he got a couple of lucky wins with inherited players and when his culture, system and approach took over the teams feel apart.

Good points. Now let's go eat a God dam snack.

If the Pats had kept JG through the end of 2017 with the intention of retaining him it would have meant they had to trade/cut Brady after the season and eat a significant cap hit. They would have then needed to franchise or sign JG to a long term top of market deal crippling their 2018 cap. Even assuming he does not get injured like he did, that team is not winning the Super Bowl.

It's fair to argue that you would give up the win last year with the hope that JG helps extends the dynasty but it comes at a major cost. And while JG has had a very solid year the jury is still out as to whether or not he has the goods to close the deal. There have been many good to great regular season QB's the last 10 years but only one that won consistently. If the Pats fall into the "we need a QB abyss" for years like many teams have and JG proves to be the real deal then the argument gains more steam.

We have the greatest coach of all time, BB is perfectly capable of winning without Brady. I have no doubt he would have won multiple championships with Jimmy G. I’m sorry if that thought is abhorent to you. I don’t care who the QB is. I want championships.

ezgif.com-resize (4).gif

No.

Totally disagree. Without BB’s coaching, there’s no way Brady becomes the goat. Wait and see what BB does with the next guy.

How'd he do in Cleveland?

How'd he do with

Rohan Davey
Kliff Kingsbury
Matt Cassel
Kevin O'Connell
Ryan Mallett
Danny Etling

Neither Brisset nor JAG has shown to be more than an average QB, to date, either.

So keep on trolling if you want, but you're making a fool of yourself in the process.

How'd he do with

Rohan Davey
Kliff Kingsbury
Matt Cassel
Kevin O'Connell
Ryan Mallett
Danny Etling

Neither Brisset nor JAG has shown to be more than an average QB, to date, either.

So keep on trolling if you want, but you're making a fool of yourself in the process.

he was 11-5 with Cassell. Same record they had last year with Brady. He was 3-0 with Jimmy G, whose good enough to lead the 49rs to HFA. If Kyle Shanahan can get HFA with Jimmy G, I’m sure BB could so the same.

I’m not saying prime JG, or prime next Pats QB will be as good as prime Brady. I’m saying that BB is the best coach in NFL history and can win Championships with an above average QB, which Brady is not at age 42.

I’m sorry your binky got old. It happens to everyone.

How'd he do with

Rohan Davey
Kliff Kingsbury
Matt Cassel
Kevin O'Connell
Ryan Mallett
Danny Etling

To be fair, most of those QBs you listed never played much and no one turns water into wine. BB coached in Cleveland over a quarter of a century ago, so that doesn’t mean much.

JG has had a pretty damn good season and looks like the real deal, though BB certainly traded the right QB to SF. Agree on Brissett though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots