PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** Official "Season's over, time to clean house" hirings/firings thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is potentially huge for the Patriots. It at least opens up the possibility of Caserio/McDaniels going to the Browns as a package deal.

Dorsey will be a quality hire for some organization that needs an infusion of talent.

Dorsey will be a quality hire for some organization that needs an infusion of talent.

Dorsey would be perfect for the Bengals, because he seems to give zero ****s about character/criminal issues, and that's been that team's M.O. for decades.

Don't be surprised if Browns target Josh McDaniels and hand him Belichick-like role with complete control of the groceries and menu.

It's 2 Superblows. The trade was in 2017. They would have won last year with JG. They'd have a better chance of winning this year with JG & they'd have at least another 5 year window if they still had JG.

JG was Young to Brady's Montana. He was a perfect fit for this offense. The Pats always thrived on making a move 1 year to early, not one year too late. They strayed badly from the philosophy
& they are going to pay a big price for it. And the frustrating part is that BB knew it & Kraft had to interfere. Just like he did when we lost Parcells. The guy should just lose himself in the Orchids of Asia & let BB run the team.
You are 100% wrong
Lynch called bb and asked if he would trade Brady and bb said “are you crazy? I’m not trading the best QB in football” FACT

As part of their agreement to part ways, John Dorsey walks away from the #Browns with another two years' pay, source said. Another name on the payroll who no longer works in Berea.

"As the role of the general manager continues to evolve in this league we felt there were areas that needed to be reassessed." Haslams confirm they offered John Dorsey another (read: reduced) role, and couldn't reach agreement.

twitter.com/Browns/status/…

Letting Caserio go to Houston and hiring Dorsey to replace him would be fine by me.

Cleveland just keeps on Clevelanding.

My bad your correct 2 Super Bowls.

And you just assume that JG would’ve gotten us past KC in arrowhead? I have my doubts about that one.
Jimmy has shown to be a very average QB. You don’t give up the GOAT for an average QB. Belichick understood that.
Besides how was jimmy winning a Sb last year from IR?

Letting Caserio go to Houston and hiring Dorsey to replace him would be fine by me.

Cleveland just keeps on Clevelanding.

Dorsey's a terrible fit, if Kraft is going to maintain his position on bad actors.

Rex Ryan getting passed over for a Head Coach job is a mistake.

His next team will win the Super Bowl.
Just hitting the funny icon wasn’t enough for this one unless we had one that would roll around laughing for the next 50 years.

Dorsey was not the problem. Browns gonna be a dumpster fire until they get a new owner.

You’re making my point. Kraft didn't interfere with Milloy, Seymour or Mankins. If he didn't interfere with BB's plan to transition to JG, the Pats window would be open for another 5 to 10 years. It was a colossal mistake & it was entirely attributable to Kraft listening to his heart & not his head.

Three super bowls and two Lombardis later is not a colossal mistake. That's more SB appearances than half the league during the super bowl era.

Dorsey drafted very well mistake to let him go.

He had two drafts. He picked #1 and #4 in his first draft. That gave him a hell of a leg up.

Last time Josh was given full control he drafted the worst player I have ever seen quarterback a playoff win.

He’ll be able to find great guys in the same vein as T Hill & K Hunt !

Dorsey drafted very well mistake to let him go.

At this point Baker doesn’t look like the franchise qb he thought he was drafting. Dorsey could’ve done better especially when you consider where they were drafting during his tenure.

He’ll be able to find great guys in the same vein as T Hill & K Hunt !

Take the Patriots lineup. Add Hill and Hunt.

Do you think they'd even be challenged in this season's playoffs?

You’re making my point. Kraft didn't interfere with Milloy, Seymour or Mankins. If he didn't interfere with BB's plan to transition to JG, the Pats window would be open for another 5 to 10 years. It was a colossal mistake & it was entirely attributable to Kraft listening to his heart & not his head.
IF there was interference, the interference happened when Brady was extended from end-of-2017 to end-of-2019.

Given that extension, trading JG before the 2017 deadline was foreordained. In other words, it was when Brady was extended that the organization made the decision to let JG go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST