PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Preseason Thread Jags @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devin McCourty, 5'10", 195
Cyrus Jones, 5'10" 201

So, yes, except McCourty can tackle. He could always tackle. That was never an issue when he was making the transition.

I saw Jones matador at least three runs that came right at him tonight. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Oh, man, you can't just type that and walk away!!!!!!!

On the 2nd drive Richards pointed at the line and shouted at a DL on the edge (Longi I think) who adjusted and then stopped the run for a 4th and short. The Jags converted on 4th and short, but I think that play is an example of why Richards is the type of player who might last another season on this team.

But I'd rather see Bolden and King get roster spots over him, personally. I've been rooting for the kid but he just doesn't have the speed to make up if he makes a wrong move as happened a few times. :(

Amen, Jordan Richards doesn't have the athletic ability to be anything other than a coach or an accountant, etc. It's obvious that he physically doesn't have what it takes to be within the lines of an NFL game. Plus, whatever the press guide lists him at, he's no more than 5'9". C'mon, this is simple physics.

You cannot "coach up" a Mensa quality kid with Stephen Hawking quality physical talent.

Great, Jordan Richards can be a coach. That way, maybe he won't send the press the pics he has on Belichick. Best of luck to him, though. He's a far better value to society off the field than on. He'll probably go back to Stanford and invent the cure for something.

In the meantime Cy Jones at least has a 50-50 chance of being coached up to play Safety. If he doesn't, oh well, they are stacked in the secondary and one of these UDFA's deserve a chance.

By tomorrow morning, we;ll know their names....
As an aside, check out coverage of Goodell's visit on PFT and off themonster sports....
Let's just say the articles resemble each other very, very closely..............
I am not sure which was posted first but(EDIT- I don't know which was published first)..
-----------------------------------

Roger Goodell drops by Gillette Stadium

Posted by Josh Alper on August 10, 2017, 8:01 PM EDT

Roger Goodell’s extended absence from Gillette Stadium was expected to end when the Patriots and Chiefs kicked off the regular season next month, but Goodell decided to call an audible on Thursday night.

Goodell is at the Patriots-Jaguars exhibition game and was spotted by Ben Volin of the Boston Globe visiting with Patriots owner Robert Kraft in Kraft’s box. Volin adds that Goodell was in the Boston area on Thursday and decided to “pop in” for the preseason contest.

It’s the first time that Goodell has been in the stadium since the 2015 AFC Championship Game, which the Patriots won on their way to a Super Bowl title. That was followed by the league penalizing the team and suspending quarterback Tom Brady as a result of Deflategate. Those decisions were not well received by the Patriots fan base and Goodell’s absence from the 2015 season opener was noted with derisive cheers from the crowd.

Goodell will be at this year’s opener, however, and what’s expected to be a hostile reaction to his presence from the crowd probably won’t be diminished by Thursday’s unadvertised visit.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roger Goodell Calls An Audible And Shows Up To The Patriots Preseason Opener Vs. Jaguars – Off The Monster Sports

Roger Goodell’s extended absence from Gillette Stadium was expected to end when the Patriots and Chiefs kicked off the regular season next month, but Goodell decided to call an audible on Thursday night.

Goodell is at the Patriots-Jaguars exhibition game and was spotted visiting with Patriots owner Robert Kraft in Kraft’s box. Volin adds that Goodell was in the Boston area on Thursday and decided to “pop in” for the preseason contest.

It’s the first time that Goodell has been in the stadium since the 2015 AFC Championship Game, which the Patriots won on their way to a Super Bowl title. That was followed by the league penalizing the team and suspending quarterback Tom Brady as a result of Deflategate. Those decisions were not well received by the Patriots fan base and Goodell’s absence from the 2015 season opener was noted with derisive cheers from the crowd.

Knowing Roger, he’s going to forgo the regular season opener and call this his visit. Would be a typical Roger clown move. Not sure if this visit is in addition to week 1, w

Andrew is the founder of Off The Monster Sports (Off The Monster Media, LLC.) which was founded in 2013.
Would have to tip my hat to Roger if that's actually his plan, one crafty bastard for once.

Hello Patriots Nation !!! My name is Vladimir and i'm big fan from Serbia. This is my first message on patsfans forum. I hope that my second message will be after our victory :) but its ok, it was just preseason game. We'll be the best when it's most needed.
And now something about last night game. I got good impression about Jacob Hollister, a really good player.
Once again, hello to everyone from all over the world and whose heart is beating for Patriots ! LET'S GOOO !!!

Welcome comrade!

The Jags fans that I work with are actually giving me crap today. I've just looked at all of them with a smirk. I guess you gotta take your wins where you can get them.

I thought Rivers played pretty well last night for his first live action. Couple of pressures. Set the edge nicely a few times. I believe he would of had a TFL if he didn't slip in the backfield. Not bad. Can't wait to see him with the rest of the D.

The Jags fans that I work with are actually giving me crap today. I've just looked at all of them with a smirk. I guess you gotta take your wins where you can get them.

Most thought they got the better of us during the practices

Hello Patriots Nation !!! My name is Vladimir and i'm big fan from Serbia. This is my first message on patsfans forum. I hope that my second message will be after our victory :) but its ok, it was just preseason game. We'll be the best when it's most needed.
And now something about last night game. I got good impression about Jacob Hollister, a really good player.
Once again, hello to everyone from all over the world and whose heart is beating for Patriots ! LET'S GOOO !!!
Welcome. Are you the Vlad who already has a Super Bowl ring or was that another Vlad????

Amen, Jordan Richards doesn't have the athletic ability to be anything other than a coach or an accountant, etc. It's obvious that he physically doesn't have what it takes to be within the lines of an NFL game. Plus, whatever the press guide lists him at, he's no more than 5'9". C'mon, this is simple physics.

You cannot "coach up" a Mensa quality kid with Stephen Hawking quality physical talent.

Great, Jordan Richards can be a coach. That way, maybe he won't send the press the pics he has on Belichick. Best of luck to him, though. He's a far better value to society off the field than on. He'll probably go back to Stanford and invent the cure for something.

In the meantime Cy Jones at least has a 50-50 chance of being coached up to play Safety. If he doesn't, oh well, they are stacked in the secondary and one of these UDFA's deserve a chance.
I can't disagree. I love me some Jordan Richards, but last night was brutal. He may indeed have a bright future as a coach.

It was an entertaining game but a lot of guys had a poor showing. I saw it a little different than others on who performed well. The only front 7 players to play well imo were Hamilton, Grissom, Rivers, Wise, and Freeny. Langi and Roberts were okay. The rest sucked.

The secondary struggled but DJ Killings, Damarius Travis, and Dwayne Thomas looked the part and weren't exposed as far as I can remember.

On offense. All of the running backs showed a little something but I'm not going to magically think Bolden is all of a sudden a quality running back.

Oline struggled. I hated the backfield penetration that Waddle and Flemming allowed. This is the unit that needs far more games to see what we have.

I need to see more from all of the wrs before I get excited. And for any of them to make it, they need to showcase more blocking as well. Last night was a three-way contest between Hollister, Carr, and Lucien. One of these three needs to emerge as a one-man show.

Jordan Richards doesn't have the athletic ability to be anything other than a coach or an accountant, etc. It's obvious that he physically doesn't have what it takes to be within the lines of an NFL game. Plus, whatever the press guide lists him at, he's no more than 5'9".

Some guys have athletic ability, but simply haven't figured out how to use it, yet.

Three Pats' DBs. All measured at right around 5' 11". One weighed in at 190 lbs, the other two at 20-25 pounds heavier.

A) 4.65/40 ... 1.62/10yd ... 32.0 vert ... 111 long ... 4.22 shuttle ... 6.74 3-cone
B) 4.62/40 ... 1.62/10yd ... 33.5 vert ... 118 long ... 4.27 shuttle ... 7.20 3-cone
C) 4.57/40 ... 1.56/10yd ... 34.0 vert ... 119 long ... 4.24 shuttle ... 7.11 3-cone

Match the name with the measureables line ... Butler, Chung, Richards.

It was an entertaining game but a lot of guys had a poor showing. I saw it a little different than others on who performed well. The only front 7 players to play well imo were Hamilton, Grissom, Rivers, Wise, and Freeny. Langi and Roberts were okay. The rest sucked.

The secondary struggled but DJ Killings, Damarius Travis, and Dwayne Thomas looked the part and weren't exposed as far as I can remember.

On offense. All of the running backs showed a little something but I'm not going to magically think Bolden is all of a sudden a quality running back.

Oline struggled. I hated the backfield penetration that Waddle and Flemming allowed. This is the unit that needs far more games to see what we have.

I need to see more from all of the wrs before I get excited. And for any of them to make it, they need to showcase more blocking as well. Last night was a three-way contest between Hollister, Carr, and Lucien. One of these three needs to emerge as a one-man show.

I forgot about Hamilton. He seemed to play with more maturity/control last night than he did last season when he subbed for (injured) Valentine for a couple games.

I didn't notice much of Killings, Travis, Thomas, and i didn't even know that Likely played. I saw Moore get involved in several running play tackles, but didn't hear his name called or see him in coverage. For a CB, not getting noticed in coverage generally means that the pass isn't coming your way very often.

Bolden was a pretty solid #3 RB his first two seasons. He had a 4.9 ypa over 111 carries (with 5 TDs), and caught 23/31 targets (74%) for 163 yards (7.1 ypc). Since he became a full-time special teamer and stopped practicing regularly with the offense, his RB skills seem to have eroded. Still, he performed at least as well as Lewis and Foster against the Jags' rookies and scrubs last night.

HUH? Sanders was as good, but not great Safety. SMH.. Some of you Vet posters are really starting to re-write history with some of your whacked remarks..

If they aren't a pro bowler they're trash, apparently.

Hard to see kony or Cyrus making the team unless they get Divine intervention fairly quickly.

If I am Moore, I am going balls out from here on out because jones's cb spot is now up for grabs.

If wise comes back healthy soon, the patriots can save cab fair by sending kony and Jones to the airport in the same cab.

FWIW, Maz says last night proves that Jimmy G sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News