PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

*********Official Preseason Game Thread: Week 4 Patriots @ Giants******

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Foster looked good enough for a roster spot...trying to fill the void left by Lewis/Vereen

"

Funny, he made an adjustment on a deep catch down the sideline that probably no other WR on our team could make

Please stop. It's embarrassing to watch.

Yes its been bad. The whole reason BB has found guys in other ways is because of our front office's inability to draft good long term WRs.

Dobson and Jackson are huge misses. Other big busts that were high picks include

Bethel Johnson 2nd round pick
Taylor Price was a 3rd round pick
Brandon Tate was a 3rd round pick
Josh Boyce 4th round pick

thry seem to struggle in seeing who translates to the pro game though I think both Lucien and Mitchell are different

Didn't see any of the game and only followed it on twitter..sounded like Foster and Mingo had fantastic games

Last edited:
Didn't see any of the game and only followed it on twitter..sounded like Foster and Mingo have fantastic games

Foster looks good in the passing game, but he's got to show a hell of a lot more in the running game.

Foster looks good in the passing game, but he's got to show a hell of a lot more in the running game.

ditto james white

In terms of actually rushing the ball, that leaves us Blount and....no one, aside from some hopes (and possibly dreams) for Gaffney.

"Paging Mike Cloud. Come in, Mr.Cloud."

Last edited:
Didn't see any of the game and only followed it on twitter..sounded like Foster and Mingo had fantastic games

I'd have to rate it as one of the more meaningless preseason games that I've seen in years, and that's saying something. Do yourself a favor and skip the replay.

Yes, Mingo made a couple/few impact plays, and Foster successfully caught the ball out of the backfield, but that's really about it. Jordan Richards also made a nice read on an INT prior to the half.

I'd have to rate it as one of the more meaningless preseason games that I've seen in years, and that's saying something. Do yourself a favor and skip the replay.

Yes, Mingo made a couple/few impact plays, and Foster successfully caught the ball out of the backfield, but that's really about it. Jordan Richards also made a nice read on an INT prior to the half.

I just watched the highlights..Dobson catch was nice. But otherwise some injuries..aka i hate preseason

I just watched the highlights..Dobson catch was nice. But otherwise some injuries..aka i hate preseason
Yeah, good to be out of the preseason. I say to my wife every year "nothing good can come from the preseason," which is wildly incorrect, but for me, the concern of injury greatly outweighs the fun of watching player development.

Jeez. Billy O really coached him up in college

For what it's worth, Matt McGloin credits O'Brien on teaching him how to set protections and play in a pro style offense. It's the reason he was serviceable in his first season onwards with the Raiders.

At the conclusion of the fourth preseason game I want to say the blog Haters were out in full force. Their favorite whipping boys Marcus Cannon and Dopson can never do anything right in their eyes, even though both have had good preseasons. Canon won their obrobrium for trying to play on one leg last season, and not excelling. Not an once of sympathy for the grit it took to play injured, helping the team. Dopson is criticized for being injured for two years.

No one dare criticize Tom Brady for a very selfish preseason. He demanded and got snaps when the other QBs needed them. The Coaches are trying to build a run blocking as well as pass blocking line and find some RBs. But Brady wanted to selfishly throw, throw, and throw some more, regardless of how this was affecting the O-Line reconstruction, and run game. He wanted to throw, so he abandoned the run game completely.

In spite of it all, Garropolo has been a fine revelation of grooming young QBs. Just like Matt Cassel.

I say to my wife every year "nothing good can come from the preseason,"

YOU LIE!!!!! please, we ALL know what you tell your wife..."not NOW, hon...this is a HUGE preseason game and I cannot miss even ONE play....so you'll have to wait...watch the Lifetime channel for a few hours..."

In terms of actually rushing the ball, that leaves us Blount and....no one, aside from some hopes (and possibly dreams) for Gaffney.

"Paging Mike Cloud. Come in, Mr.Cloud."

Yep. The team really could have used another capable runner from the draft. They're really taking a chance with having one proven between-the-tackles runner unless they really like what they've seen from Gaffney.

YOU LIE!!!!! please, we ALL know what you tell your wife..."not NOW, hon...this is a HUGE preseason game and I cannot miss even ONE play....so you'll have to wait...watch the Lifetime channel for a few hours..."

The above is true, but the biggest lie is the wife.

Who would marry Supa? That's the million dollar question :D

That's ridiculous. He is running a go route full speed and bears his man. No receiver in the NFL is going to stop and come back and take the ball away from the trailing defender. Zero chance.
The ball was underthrown by 5 yards.
He STILL made an adjustment and for his hands in it but the defender was in perfect position to knock away.
You couldn't be more wrong about this. If you want to rail on Dobson find other plays because he was zero percent at fault in this one.
It happed in the 2nd 1/2 to Roberts on the sideline play.

Receivers adjust to under thrown balls all the time. Great ones get them. Good ones fight for them. Dobson does neither with any regularity.

Receivers with good instincts make a better play than he did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes