PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

*********Official Preseason Game Thread: Week 4 Patriots @ Giants******

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did. He was running a go route and his momentum was carrying him away from the ball.
This crap about dobsons effort that gets spewed on this board is ridiculous.
Brady likes dobsons do throws to him a lot when he is out there. That's enough for me.
That's his problem. His timing is brutal. His instincts are off. He's just not a fighter. He's a sizable target who knows where he needs to be. That's ok but it doesn't get him anywhere really

He did. He was running a go route and his momentum was carrying him away from the ball.
Brady likes dobsons do throws to him a lot when he is out there. That's enough for me.
Did you watch the damn play, "Jesus"? You surprise me. Even Fauria said he could've high-pointed the ball from that vantage point. The rap on Dobson -- and it's an accurate one -- is that he doesn't fight through coverage for the ball, he almost always waits for it to come to him. "Jesus."

That's his problem. His timing is brutal. His instincts are off. He's just not a fighter. He's a sizable target who knows where he needs to be. That's ok but it doesn't get him anywhere really
Dobson didn't under throw the ball.

Did you watch the damn play, "Jesus"? You surprise me. Even Fauria said he could've high-pointed the ball from that vantage point. The rap on Dobson -- and it's an accurate one -- is that he doesn't fight through coverage for the ball, he almost always waits for it to come to him. "Jesus."
Yes I watched the ball. He was running a go route. It was not designed as a back shoulder throw. His momentum carried him away from the ball which is what happens in a go route. He fought for the ball and a defender was pretty much in perfect position underneath him to break up the play. No receiver in the NFL is making that play unless it is a planned back shoulder throw which it was not. He can't stop his route anticipating an under throw.
It's the same okay he made a nice catch in from Brady but this throw flat out sucked.

LOL at people blaming Dobson in the endzone when he had his defender beat and Jacoby clearly under threw him. If jacoby puts that on the money, its a TD for Dobson.

I have never seen a player DRAFTED in the patriots system, who is hated on this much. What do people expect of him? He was a projected 5th round project who was way overdrafted into the 2nd round. Why don't you blame our WR scouts who are in charge of the draft. Dobson has been in our system for four years now, he has been coached and brought up by the NE wide receivers coach. He has only been brought up on patriots football, yet people hate him.

He is a tall, fast finese WR who runs past defenders. He is not a vincent jackson physical type WR, that is not his style. If you wanted the physical possession WR with size and separation, keenan allen is your man. Blame belichick and the front office for screwing that one up, he was the CLEAR pick in round 2 of 2013.

I was hoping the front office would learn how to draft WRs before Bradys time was up here, but the search continues. Sigh

Yes I watched the ball. He was running a go route. It was not designed as a back shoulder throw. His momentum carried him away from the ball which is what happens in a go route. He fought for the ball and a defender was pretty much in perfect position underneath him to break up the play. No receiver in the NFL is making that play unless it is a planned back shoulder throw which it was not. He can't stop his route anticipating an under throw.
It's the same okay he made a nice catch in from Brady but this throw flat out sucked.
:rolleyes: Dobson's "momentum" almost always appears to be carrying him away from the ball. THAT'S THE PROBLEM! At least Robertweathers gets it. You don't want to. Fine.

I wish Dobson would play football.
He might stick for another 4 with the guys who actually play football getting hurt.

Id prefer to go with only 2 healthy receivers and guys like KGH, Harbor, Elandon Roberts, Grissom, A Johnson

Dobson overestimated it's trajectory. His anticipation of ball flight is substandard
That is ridiculous. he got his hands in an under thrown pass. Unfortunately the defender he BEAT was in a better position because the throw sucked

BB is ormerta on Mingos play

He knows he pulled a Brinks job.

I wish Dobson would play football.
He might stick for another 4 with the guys who actually play football getting hurt.

Id prefer to go with only 2 healthy receivers and guys like KGH, Harbor, Elandon Roberts, Grissom, A Johnson
He wasnt playing football when catching passes tonight or last week? He wasn't playing football when he leveled the Carolina guy with a block?

That is ridiculous. he got his hands in an under thrown pass. Unfortunately the defender he BEAT was in a better position because the throw sucked
No it isn't. He's caught 100s of balls from Tom. He can't translate anticipation or fight for balls. You are so wrong here.

The final pass was on Brissett under throwing it. As mentioned by a poster above, Dobson had a step on the defender. If he came down with the ball it would've been a damn good catch on a poorly thrown ball.

I don't think Dobson will ever become what we had hoped, and I'm doubtful he will make the team. But it seems like people just want to jump on him for any incompletion in his vicinity. There is a certain animosity toward him, always has been since he had a few drops against the Jets in Week 2, 2013.

Not that he has given us much but I wish him the best whatever happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday