PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pregame Thread: Pats @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great idea and they should do it this week!

The fact that no one wants Newton pretty much sums up where his career is at.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Definitely hurts if CMC is back in. I'm sure there were other contributing factors, but the Panthers ARE 3-0 with him, 1-4 without him . Thankfully if active hes supposedly going to play a limited role from what I'm seeing, but I'm with you in being a little nervous for this one. A loss here essentially kills all the momentum we have built over the last couple weeks and the outlook is no longer leaning hopeful.
Per ESPN if Patriots win= 62% odds of making playoffs
If they lose= 39% chance. That's a mighty
big swing. This is a huge game.
Caff is playing but very limited snaps.
Gilly playing only on 3rd down.
Carolina the best D Pats have faced this year. One of the best pass D's in the league. Mac faces the best passrush hes seen.
Panthers have dominated TOP so the O needs to make the most of every possession since there may not be many.
Should be a tough physical game by 2 tough physical teams. Lets go Patriots!!

He’s still the guy you take away from Carolina. I’d like to see them have Duggar’s spy him throughout the game.
Agree. Still demands the special attention by the D.

Hopefully this is a breezy win.

Thinking of trying out Tiger Woods' restaurant in Jupiter with the gf and don't need the aggravation of seeing a close game.

Per ESPN if Patriots win= 62% odds of making playoffs
If they lose= 39% chance. That's a mighty
big swing. This is a huge game.
Caff is playing but very limited snaps.
Gilly playing only on 3rd down.
Carolina the best D Pats have faced this year. One of the best pass D's in the league. Mac faces the best passrush hes seen.
Panthers have dominated TOP so the O needs to make the most of every possession since there may not be many.
Should be a tough physical game by 2 tough physical teams. Lets go Patriots!!
ESPN's "odds" system is idiotic. Go into their play-by-play tracker during any given game and watch a team's "odds" of winning as the game nears completion. I've seen it swing from >90% in favor of one team to the other team just because one team gets a field goal and then a couple min later the other team gets a field goal. You can't tell me it was only a <10% chance that the other team was gonna get a field goal in the next several minutes.

Hopefully this is a breezy win.

Thinking of trying out Tiger Woods' restaurant in Jupiter with the gf and don't need the aggravation of seeing a close game.
Then you better bring the rolaids. This has the earmarks of a low-scoring close game.

ESPN's "odds" system is idiotic. Go into their play-by-play tracker during any given game and watch a team's "odds" of winning as the game nears completion. I've seen it swing from >90% in favor of one team to the other team just because one team gets a field goal and then a couple min later the other team gets a field goal. You can't tell me it was only a <10% chance that the other team was gonna get a field goal in the next several minutes.
Yeah that stuff is stupid. But I think their playoff odds( i.e. outcome of this game) are pretty accurate. Pretty similar to other sources and probably jives with what most of us think. Any way you slice it,this game is crucial. As most of the remaining games will be.

I’m hopingDarnold plays, Belichick will have him seeing ghosts again.

it’s historical and also doesn’t take into account the teams and QBs by their own admission. It treats a Tom Brady team the exact same way in the same situation as it would if Brian Hoyer was QB. Lol

Love Gunner, I hope he can develop into their next great slot receiver.
Hes got the toughness and the shiftiness plus good speed. He just needs to add some more muscle to withstand the hits.
Bill is doing a great job of putting him in position to succeed, not giving him a role hes not ready for yet. But he will be. Maybe next year. I wouldnt bet against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back