PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pregame Thread- Pats @ Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having Trent Brown back will be huge, no pun intended!!!

Without Van Noy, I wonder if that means more Uche?

More Uche, and perhaps a game day activation for Perkins?

Yeah, would be happy to see more Uche. Wondering if that means Wino gets more actions as well and like you said, maybe Perkins is activated as well.

If I read Reiss right the other day, this is last ping-pong play for Hoyer and Folk.

Nordin to IR?

Are Harris and Dre both on punishment this week, resulting in Taylor + the aerial game vs. the young Jete pass D? I think it's extremely likely that either this plays out or it does not.

Are Harris and Dre both on punishment this week, resulting in Taylor + the aerial game vs. the young Jete pass D? I think it's extremely likely that either this plays out or it does not.
Rham yes. Harris? Hell no!!! Harris had a superb game 23/100. Because Rham was benched for his matador blocking and fumble,Harris was gassed at end of game when he fumbled. Yes it hurt the team. But no he has rarely fumbled. JJ Taylor will be active along with Harris and White.
Rham can sit his rookie arse down. Harris is probably the Pats best offensive player and he has rarely made mistakes. Rham is an unproven rookie who sucked last week. I have hopes for him but he needs to buckle down.

So there's significant complaints regarding the run defense, yet there seems to be a want to put the pass rusher in to play more snaps in roles he's not as good at (setting the edge)? That's KVN's bigger contribution especially in early downs.

Rham yes. Harris? Hell no!!! Harris had a superb game 23/100. Because Rham was benched for his matador blocking and fumble,Harris was gassed at end of game when he fumbled. Yes it hurt the team. But no he has rarely fumbled. JJ Taylor will be active along with Harris and White.
Rham can sit his rookie arse down. Harris is probably the Pats best offensive player and he has rarely made mistakes. Rham is an unproven rookie who sucked last week. I have hopes for him but he needs to buckle down.
You are certainly correct about the Harris fumble being uncharacteristic. At Alabama over 4 years he had 477 rushing attempts with 3 fumbles total, a fumble rate of 180 carries per fumble, that is really very good.

Regarding Stephenson I haven't been able to find his fumble rate, but there are several articles that said his fumbling was a problem at Oklahoma, although I don't know how big of a problem, I didn't watch him in college. It is something he will need to fix.

Van Noy is out for the game (throat).
Nordin is out for the game and heading to the IR (abdomen).

Last edited:
You are certainly correct about the Harris fumble being uncharacteristic. At Alabama over 4 years he had 477 rushing attempts with 3 fumbles total, a fumble rate of 180 carries per fumble, that is really very good.

Regarding Stephenson I haven't been able to find his fumble rate, but there are several articles that said his fumbling was a problem at Oklahoma, although I don't know how big of a problem, I didn't watch him in college. It is something he will need to fix.
I was more worried about his pass pro coming out even though he wasn't bad.

Right after his pick from the thread ...
Decent in pass pro but needs more urgency. Too hesitant at times. This wasn't something he did a lot in college. Decent but needs to get better covering up and hitting the A/B gaps.

He could watch Williams from Denver and learn a thing or two about urgency, controlled aggression but I think he'll get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes