PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre-season Gameday Thread. Bears @ Patriots (Week 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Talib was worth a 4th in his final year (admittedly with a suspension), what would you get for Ryan?

Probably a 5th, maybe a 4th at most but unlikely. We'll end up getting a 5th comp pick for him anyways when we lose him to free agency, so I'd rather have his talent on the roster this year to help us try and win another Lombardi

We are in such a position of strength in our corners it's a great place to be.
Anybody think we stand Pat at receiver or do we kick the tires on a trade?
Id like to see more passes thrown at Dodson and Lucien
Harper doesn't seem like he is a NFL talent.

Wide receiver isnt a position of need, we have a lot of talented young receivers on the roster so why would we trade for one

If we were going to make a trade for a position, it would most likely be for a RT, LB or RB

unfortunately we would really need that weeks 1-4
after that our best chance from 1yd comes back - the Brady jump

that's why I am hoping for Stork @RG week 1
The loss of Lewis, Vollmer, and possibly Mason clearly hurts early when Garoppolo will most need the help. I think Friday will tell us something about what BB is thinking on the OL at C and RG. Another position to watch is WR, where Edelman, Amendola, Mitchell and Martin all have missed time with injuries. Amendola did not practice yet, which makes it less likely he will play Friday which, in turn, means he will essentially miss TC. At RB, I expect we will get our first look at Foster. Brown was just released. Would not be keen to see Blount/Bolden running behind Andrews/Kline/Cannon. Still expecting the RB trade, but if not this week, then I think Gaffney might stick. In Bill We Trust.

Last edited:
The loss of Lewis, Vollmer, and possibly Mason clearly hurts early when Garoppolo will most need the help. I think Friday will tell us something about what BB is thinking on the OL at C and RG. Another position to watch is WR, where Edelman, Amendola, Mitchell and Martin all have missed time with injuries. Amendola did not practice yet, which makes it less likely he will play Friday which, in turn, means he will essentially miss TC. At RB, I expect we will get our first look at Foster. Brown was just released. Would not be keen to see Blount/Bolden running behind Andrews/Kline/Cannon. Still expecting the RB trade, but if not this week, then I think Gaffney might stick. In Bill We Trust.

I'm really looking forward to see Foster in game. Not expecting too much, just looking forward.

The Bears game was a clear hint toward 2014 vs Colts running scenario. Here's a nice reminder:

The Terrible Performance Versus Jonas Gray

I mean if I'm getting a second for Ryan then I have to atleast consider making that trade

We got a 2nd for Chandler Jones, there is no way we would get a 2nd for Ryan

Even if we somehow got a 2nd for him, we would have wanted to do that before the draft

I'd trade Ryan for an offensive tackle, but no team in their right mind would trade a good tackle for a CB.. tackles are harder to find and a more important position

We got a 2nd for Chandler Jones, there is no way we would get a 2nd for Ryan

Even if we somehow got a 2nd for him, we would have wanted to do that before the draft

I'd trade Ryan for an offensive tackle, but no team in their right mind would trade a good tackle for a CB.. tackles are harder to find and a more important position

I know I said that before

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey