PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pre Game Thread- J-E-T-E @ Patriots

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promotion of Ferentz is not a good news.

Feels like the team will get healthy just in time to lower the Draft stock ;)

The secondary, OL and running game will carry us this year!
Yup, those were our three strengths during preseason. I believe many said top 5 units.

Yup, those were our three strengths during preseason. I believe many said top 5 units.
You guys know I don’t like to be a pessimist and to me this year is all about developing Mac, but this season has been a great reminder to never decide what the strengths or weaknesses are of a team during preseason. Injuries suck. As does choking and lackluster play.

You guys know I don’t like to be a pessimist and to me this year is all about developing Mac, but this season has been a great reminder to never decide what the strengths or weaknesses are of a team during preseason. Injuries suck. As does choking and lackluster play.

Also, it goes to show how these “splash signings” often distract from other problems.

The secondary had big concerns with Chung, McCourty, and Gilmore all aging. That’s a big deal. And that was noted as a concern coming into this season.

I’m surprised the offensive line is performing so poorly, but we overlook that Thuney walked. He was easily the best player on that unit. If they’d re-signed him, less splash signings to get excited about, but that’s why most good teams don’t have so much to spend on outside the org players.

The Patriots need some kind of big time draft haul…maybe picking in the top 10 and someone trades them a bunch of picks to move into their slot to draft a QB. It happens to other teams. They just have so many problems from years of bad/unlucky drafts. They’re not getting to the next level with this roster; it‘s simply not close.

Every Pats season is weird, so maybe this isn’t the weirdest, but normally I feel like “how did we win this game” vs “how did we lose it?”

But again, I guess it’s all about Mac and reloading. Complaining about everything OTHER than QB feels like a luxury at this point ;)

Might as well IR Jones now and hope he's good to go in 3 weeks... It's what they should've done with Trent Brown & His Calf of Renown before week 2... He'd still be on IR now of course...

Not a fan - at all - of the two "promotions"(snicker)...

Whosoever claimed that OL, RB & DB would be top-5-caliber strengths here were willfully ignorant lemmings... People who did actual research & comparisons at those position groups had no such delusions of grandeur.

Whosoever claimed that OL, RB & DB would be top-5-caliber strengths here were willfully ignorant lemmings... People who did actual research & comparisons at those position groups had no such delusions of grandeur.
I don't think anyone predicted the Pats would have one of the worst running games in the league so far. Which they do.

Could even be one of the worst the team has had since BB got here. That's remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye