PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre- Game Thread- Bucs @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Seymour made the All Decade Team in the 2000s and still isn't the Hall. LC Greenwood made the All Decade team in the 1970s and still isn't in the Hall.

We can look at other positions and I am sure there are plenty of All Decade Team players not in the Hall.
don't you worry, he will get in... hof voters cant resist enshrining old steelers

But people do not look at Jones as an Aaron Donald or Reggie White. Again, Richard Seymour was a better player than Jones and he still isn't in the Hall and who knows if he ever will be.

Yeah I agree Seymour is (also) a HOF. He was hurt by low stats being a team player on the Pats. Double teams resulted in wins and rings but not huge stats. Seymour will get in soon I think

Trust me, most Pats fans haven’t looked at his stats since he left and just assume he’s been some rotational piece because Bill would never get rid of a player more then one year too early.
He’s on pace for 28 sacks this season. Lol.

Last edited:
So we’re back on discussing Chandler Jones again? Can’t wait to see the boards reaction when he breaks the sack record. He will if he stays healthy.

Glad to see people are hoping on the Jones to HOF bandwagon. It's been lonely and still plenty of room.

This is an abomination, and I’ve seen a million of them.
I agree. The most appropriate attire for Pats fans tonight is a Brady Patriots jersey.
But wearing one that is even partial Bucs is just wrong.

So we’re back on discussing Chandler Jones again? Can’t wait to see the boards reaction when he breaks the sack record. He will if he stays healthy.

Which sack record? Not career. He has 99 sacks to go to beat Bruce Smith.

And he isn't even leading the league in sacks this year coming into this week. After three weeks, Jones has 5 sacks and Myles Garrett has 5.5 sacks.

Which sack record? Not career. He has 99 sacks to go to beat Bruce Smith.

And he isn't even leading the league in sacks this year coming into this week. After three weeks, Jones has 5 sacks and Myles Garrett has 5.5 sacks.
Wow that is really bizarre because I heard the announcers on NFL Gameday saying he had 3.5 sacks last weekend giving him 8.5 on the season. I posted this in the other games thread last week when I heard it.

I meant single season record.

Like this guy...

Brady is the greatest Patriot player of all time, the undisputed GOAT and yes, he was more important to winning 6 SBs than BB or anyone else. Im an original fan and hes brought more joy to Patriots fans than anyone else. But theres no way in hell I'd ever wear anything other than 100% Patriots gear. I pull for him,Gronk and the Bucs as long as the game doesnt affect the Pats. But I have no respect for anyone who would wear a jersey like that one.

And why did we call up Bryant for this game?

Wow that is really bizarre because I heard the announcers on NFL Gameday saying he had 3.5 sacks last weekend giving him 8.5 on the season. I posted this in the other games thread last week when I heard it.

I meant single season record.

Everywhere I look, he hasn't had a sack since week 1. I don't follow the Cards. So I have no clue other than what I see.

They traded him to Arizona after the 2015 season.

Chandler Jones is a 1st ballot HoFer and the Pats sold low. Underrated GMing mistake.
The patriots went to the next 3 SBs after that trade.

The patriots went to the next 3 SBs after that trade.
So you’re saying he would’ve held them back from going to those 3 more?

So you’re saying he would’ve held them back from going to those 3 more?
I’m saying the cap space they had to use to keep him would have.

Hes questionable and so is JCJackson. Will be tough if both of em are out

And Bryant is the best answer we got? Man I got bad feeling about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down