PatsFans.com
Search

Official Pre- Game Thread- Bucs @ Pats

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pape

In the Starting Line-Up
Richard Seymour made the All Decade Team in the 2000s and still isn't the Hall. LC Greenwood made the All Decade team in the 1970s and still isn't in the Hall.

We can look at other positions and I am sure there are plenty of All Decade Team players not in the Hall.
don't you worry, he will get in... hof voters cant resist enshrining old steelers

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
But people do not look at Jones as an Aaron Donald or Reggie White. Again, Richard Seymour was a better player than Jones and he still isn't in the Hall and who knows if he ever will be.

Yeah I agree Seymour is (also) a HOF. He was hurt by low stats being a team player on the Pats. Double teams resulted in wins and rings but not huge stats. Seymour will get in soon I think

TheRainMaker

Voted most handsome by my mother
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Trust me, most Pats fans haven’t looked at his stats since he left and just assume he’s been some rotational piece because Bill would never get rid of a player more then one year too early.
He’s on pace for 28 sacks this season. Lol.

Last edited:

TheRainMaker

So we’re back on discussing Chandler Jones again? Can’t wait to see the boards reaction when he breaks the sack record. He will if he stays healthy.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
So we’re back on discussing Chandler Jones again? Can’t wait to see the boards reaction when he breaks the sack record. He will if he stays healthy.

Which sack record? Not career. He has 99 sacks to go to beat Bruce Smith.

And he isn't even leading the league in sacks this year coming into this week. After three weeks, Jones has 5 sacks and Myles Garrett has 5.5 sacks.

TheRainMaker

Which sack record? Not career. He has 99 sacks to go to beat Bruce Smith.

And he isn't even leading the league in sacks this year coming into this week. After three weeks, Jones has 5 sacks and Myles Garrett has 5.5 sacks.
Wow that is really bizarre because I heard the announcers on NFL Gameday saying he had 3.5 sacks last weekend giving him 8.5 on the season. I posted this in the other games thread last week when I heard it.

I meant single season record.

jimnance

In the Starting Line-Up
Like this guy...

Brady is the greatest Patriot player of all time, the undisputed GOAT and yes, he was more important to winning 6 SBs than BB or anyone else. Im an original fan and hes brought more joy to Patriots fans than anyone else. But theres no way in hell I'd ever wear anything other than 100% Patriots gear. I pull for him,Gronk and the Bucs as long as the game doesnt affect the Pats. But I have no respect for anyone who would wear a jersey like that one.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Wow that is really bizarre because I heard the announcers on NFL Gameday saying he had 3.5 sacks last weekend giving him 8.5 on the season. I posted this in the other games thread last week when I heard it.

I meant single season record.

Everywhere I look, he hasn't had a sack since week 1. I don't follow the Cards. So I have no clue other than what I see.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
They traded him to Arizona after the 2015 season.

Chandler Jones is a 1st ballot HoFer and the Pats sold low. Underrated GMing mistake.
The patriots went to the next 3 SBs after that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.