PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pre Game Thread- Browns @ Pats (Patriots 1000th game ever!)

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Hunt is out too for them. THen we can focus on stopping Peoples-Jones and Landry, whom I detest from his Miami days.
Hunt will not play.

Chubb out for us is "The Opportunity"

I hope we can still hv a good rb duo Rham + JJ

Chubb out helps, but Johnson is still averaging 5.3 per attempt (on limited carries). That OL is the real problem. I don't think this changes the gameplan all that much, just hopefully reduces the risk of chunk runs.

Things for the 2021 Patriots continue to roll their way.

I actually think they've been unlucky so far. This is definitely a huge break though.
Yea maybe the last couple of weeks seem like things are going their way but I agree. The first few games not so much.

No chubb? Woooow.

Things just got interesting.
As much as I preach "it's a team game" with the Patriots, it's the same with the Browns. Yes, Chubb is a significant contributor to the Browns being #1 in the league running the ball, but the OL and complimentary forces such as threat of a passing game also are factors.

I would guess that the game planning will still be to take away what the Browns (team) do well which is run and make them beat the Pats via the air.

Their backup running back D'Ernest Johnson rushed for 146 yards in 22 attempts vs Denver a few weeks ago...so he is capable of playing well.

Stevenson

So you’re saying there’s a chance….

I mean Pats were never gonna rule them out until inactives are due because there is a chance they could still pass protocol

Cleveland 1993 you think? So he kept starting NKeal Harry last year until he got hurt, benched Jacobi Meyers for 6 wks last year until NKeal was hurt, started Durant/Herron at RT for 6 weeks, benched Karras for 6 wks, kept Onwenu at LG.

This is way off from Lazar.

Cleveland 1993 you think? So he kept starting NKeal Harry last year until he got hurt, benched Jacobi Meyers for 6 wks last year until NKeal was hurt, started Durant/Herron at RT for 6 weeks, benched Karras for 6 wks, kept Onwenu at LG.

he’s just quoting BB from todays presser

The more I think about Josh McD play call, I feel he is doing better than what he gets credit for . Yes , he is conservative and does not get creative often, but we have a fighting chance in every freaking game . Even last year we might have lost 3-4 close games. This season with a rookie, all the losses have been so close that with some luck we could have been 8-1 .

And if we think about the success outside of Brady , brissett, garopollo, Cassel , Mac all have had success here. So some credit is due to Josh McD.

And I scoured through every freaking forum. Everybody cribs about their draft and their OC. Brian daboll has suddenly become an outcast for the Bills. So it's more a fanboy sentiment rather than reality.

Considering where we are , and the fact that we can think about playoffs with a rookie QB and some underperforming WR, we need to give credit to Josh as well. Else Mac could end up like Wilson or worse Goff.

Sounds like an endorsement by Bill for the future HC of the New England Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft