PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD: Week 17 - NE @ BUF

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Buffalo is going to have to step it up if they plan on doing anything in the playoffs.
Buffalo still not guaranteed a playoff spot, If Chiefs and Steelers win today. then next week Buffalo has to beat Miami, hope Jags lose to Tennessee and Pittsburgh loses to Baltimore (who will probably be resting starters as they have the # seed)

At #2, they might be able to trade back AND get the QB they want assuming it isn’t Williams or Maye. Just more options.

They have to be going to thousandths place since NE has the tie breaking / head to head loss to WAS.
Strength of schedule determines tie breakers. Commandos got Dallas next week, we got the Jete. So even if both teams lose, we'll get the 2 over Washington.

However, we are not losing to the Jete. I mean, it's the Jete for God's sake!

Looks like Drake Maye is a Patriot, IMO this is bad news, I’d rather sign Russell Wilson when he gets released , draft a QB in the second round trade down and take an OT
Don't want anyone named Drake QBing the Patriots

Strength of schedule determines tie breakers. Commandos got Dallas next week, we got the Jete. So even if both teams lose, we'll get the 2 over Washington.

They must.

Might be the worst NFL game anyone has ever seen because neither team wants to win.

In honor of our illustrious receiving corps, I for one cannot wait for the “Stink - Stank - Stunk Bowl” next week with our old friends the Jets. The excitement will be palpable, and what better way to honor the 2021 NFL Draft than to start the #2 and #15 picks, Wilson & Jones?! There’ll be picks galore and speaking of picks, one team *may* come away with the chance to roll that dice one more time in that ultimate fame of chance to select one of Mssrs. Williams, Maye, or Daniels and then we wait till Next Year to see if we get to leave football purgatory… Oh yeah, “Happy New Year”!!
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see Mac Jones back in the last game. Zappe was pretty awful.

Sneaky positive from today…Trent Brown healthy scratch preventing him from $6M in incentives. He’s dogged it big time for entire game’s this year. F that dude. Also means he isn’t coming back. You don’t do that to a guy you hope to re-sign

Not making sense. How is playing Jets stronger than them playing Cowboys? Cowboys have the better record.

Pats lost to Wash, shouldn't that put them ahead of them in draft order with same SOS?
Sorry...was thinking the Patriots won that one :rolleyes:

Yes, beyond head-to-head, when it comes to the draft, it goes back one more to common opponents:

1704058633044.png

Attachments

• 1704058680688.png
    1704058680688.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 4
Not necessarily…could trade down 4-5 spots and pickup some excellent picks fir doing so.
Totally fine with that, and I could be completely wrong but I’m not a huge Maye fan

Steelers up. Watch them and Pete find a way to F us

Sneaky positive from today…Trent Brown healthy scratch preventing him from $6M in incentives. He’s dogged it big time for entire game’s this year. F that dude. Also means he isn’t coming back. You don’t do that to a guy you hope to re-sign
Another drawback is that he is one of he top rated OL players in free agency this year. We gotta get some OL help in at least one of the first 3 rounds, because Trent Aint It

Honestly didn’t realize he wasn’t out there.

Nothing against the guy but it’s evident we need an entire offensive overhaul.

Honestly didn’t realize he wasn’t out there.

Nothing against the guy but it’s evident we need an entire offensive overhaul.
Didn’t have issue with him last year, but this year he is on film multiple times doing literally nothing.

Hilarious, sad and pathetic the after game show on NBC Sports Boston has devolved into a draft selection scenario show. They are even quoting Tankathon site. They barely even analyzed the game.

Not making sense. How is playing Jets stronger than them playing Cowboys? Cowboys have the better record.
It's the opposite. Weaker strength of schedule means higher draft pick. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense since it seems to promote tanking. Washington's SoS will raise simply by playing a better team.

100% to avoid paying him. He must be fuming!

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back