PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Postgame Thread: Patriots fall to Texans 22-28

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cutting AB will be like the Malcolm Butler benching. A mistake that costs the team a super bowl
I am likely in hte minority, but AB crossed lines too much when you start alluding to threats against people's children (or have hangers on do it for you, whatever). After the embrassment and atrocity of hernandez, there has to be close to zero tolerance for this kind of thing. If I was Kraft, I would have done the same thing.

After getting to sleep on it, I’m not as bummed over the defense last night. I think mentally it’s been a lot having to bail the offense out week after week, combined with the physical ailments this week . Also some great play designs by Houston and an elite receiver being what he is. Without the int at the beginning and the failed 4th down in the 2nd half it’s a much different game for multiple reasons.

Will be an interesting listen to Chathams post mortem podcast. At least for the rational crowd.

The offense remains a mix of different issues including the QB.

That’s one freaking play. I wanna see more where it’s on the QB. Chatham can dissect one stinking play but i wanna see more where brady missed his read. It would have to be more than 5 times before i get on the QB.

After getting to sleep on it, I’m not as bummed over the defense last night. I think mentally it’s been a lot having to bail the offense out week after week, combined with the physical ailments. Also some great play designs by Houston and an elite receiver being what he is. Without the int at the beginning and the failed 4th down in the 2nd half it’s a much different game for multiple reasons.

Yeah, I think they got out-coached a bit there. The Pats relied on the blitz too much on 3rd down, and the Texans did a good job of picking it up and giving Watson time and room to move around to find the open man. Jon Jones clearly needed more help with Houston's speedy receivers. That's a lesson learned if they meet Houston in the post-season. (Of course, blitz pickup might not go so well in Foxboro.)

Yeah, I think they got out-coached a bit there. The Pats relied on the blitz too much on 3rd down, and the Texans did a good job of picking it up and giving Watson time and room to move around to find the open man. Jon Jones clearly needed more help with Houston's speedy receivers. That's a lesson learned if they meet Houston in the post-season. (Of course, blitz pickup might not go so well in Foxboro.)

Is blitzing the only way we get pressure? This d line has been disappointing getting pressure lately.

Yeah, I don't know about you, but after Kraft did "the right thing", I totally forgot that he just got picked up for soliciting prostitution from human sex slaves.
Um, it turned out he had a personal relationship with one of the women, and the two were in their 40s and 50s.

And even with that, we still could have probably held a really good offense under 20 had the offense not set them up in tough field position multiple times. With half the defense ailing

That’s one freaking play. I wanna see more where it’s on the QB. Chatham can dissect one stinking play but i wanna see more where brady missed his read. It would have to be more than 5 times before i get on the QB.

Are you deaf or did you just not listen to what Chatham said in the very clip you just watched?

He literally says he found 7 plays like that in the first half ands opens with saying ISSUE AROUND THE ENTIRE OFFENSE including the QB. Nobody is blaming exclusively Brady for anything.

Will be an interesting listen to Chathams post mortem podcast. At least for the rational crowd.

The offense remains a mix of different issues including the QB.

His podcasts win or loss are always informative, I highly recommend them to anybody who wants to learn many interesting things.

Are you deaf or did you just not listen to what Chatham said in the very clip you just watched?

He literally says he found 7 plays like that in the first half ands opens with saying ISSUE AROUND THE ENTIRE OFFENSE including the QB. Nobody is blaming exclusively Brady for anything.

Well i would love to see those 7 plays and who where the culprits.

Givens.

But youre right. Just 2 WRs. Edelman was a QB who played multiple roles before landing at WR.

I was going to mention Givens. I did like him and he was a decent receiver. Third best the BB has ever drafted. I didn't bother though because he just played 4 season with the pats then had a career ending injury the next year with the titans.

After getting to sleep on it, I’m not as bummed over the defense last night. I think mentally it’s been a lot having to bail the offense out week after week, combined with the physical ailments this week . Also some great play designs by Houston and an elite receiver being what he is. Without the int at the beginning and the failed 4th down in the 2nd half it’s a much different game for multiple reasons.

Plus Gilmore (another flu guy) was getting eaten up by Hopkins and thus they were resorting to a lot of zone. If 1/2 the D wasn't severely weakened by the bug Pats win that game 22-10.

MCI continues his victory laps over what he thinks is the rotting corpse of the New England Patriots.

Brady isn’t cooked. Can’t do much when no one is getting open which is a consistent problem

McD deciding to abandon the run so early last night was really questionable

Plus Gilmore (another flu guy) was getting eaten up by Hopkins and thus they were resorting to a lot of zone. If 1/2 the D wasn't severely weakened by the bug Pats win that game 22-10.

stat wise he gave up 5 for 64 for the night. Not sure how much man they played for the night. Overall, probably the most zone we’ve seen this year. Maybe the flu had something to do with the defense design? Not great but besides the int, 21 points to a good offensive team should get it done. Has in years past. Just, this offense........at a loss for words. JE is awesome, but getting double teamed with noone able to step up and take the pressure off has been frustrating to watch. AB is a stupid ass, and Gronk deserved his retirement. Edelman would of been the ultimate security blanket and open a lot more. Surprised how great of a season he has had, considering defenses focusing on him so much

This site would be better if anyone trolling about AB got booted. It's just that, trolling, and it's really dumb.
I guess Cowherd is trolling too since he is just now saying "if NEP had AB they win the SB."

Use ignore thread.

McD deciding to abandon the run so early last night was really questionable

Which is why it made no sense when they went away from it in the middle but then went back to in when they were down two scores in the fourth quarter. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes