Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Multiple people in the media are saying Bill refuses to evolve with the game and that will be his downfall.
Which is very strange since Bill has always evolved and adapted to changes.
Matter of fact,for most of his career,hes been ahead of the curve. A trendsetter. Other teams started copying him.It's one of the traits that made him the GOAT.
If he's no longer evolving/adapting he needs to retire. I'm not convinced thats 100% true. But as Reiss wrote this morning,the buck stops with Bill. Always has. The dysfunctional offense is totally on him. I'm a little shocked he let it get to this point. A gross miscalculation on his part.probably not much can be done to rectify it this season. But he needs to get to work this offseason and that includes some serious self-evaluation.

Matter of fact,for most of his career,hes been ahead of the curve. A trendsetter. Other teams started copying him.
Earlier in his career, a bunch of teams wanted to copy him running a 3-4. Spread offense and utilizing slot WR’s. Then finding the TE. Those days have since ended.
If he's no longer evolving/adapting he needs to retire.
This is what they’re referring to.

Yep, and media has reported also that if this continues players are likely to going to ask for off season trades. I'm not ready to give on BB, but something has to give. As great as he's been I'm sure he has an ego. It's utterly embarrassing having to watch this team offensively. The things bill is doing worked in the early 2ks.. the NFL has caught up with us.. the regression is real.. even the jaguars look as if they are getting better they look competent on offense!
I think this is the key . With internet , social media and mobile phones, attention span and people behavior have changed .

Bill could have people listen to him because Brady the GOAT was listening and that made everyone toe the line. The last of the leaders of this team slater and mcCourty are pre 2011 when the collective bargaining reduced the practice time . Now the amount of practice and hours have reduced. So strict procedures and curfews might not really work .

And winning is an aphrodisiac. People will listen when you are winning. When losses like TNF to Bills happen, there would be many who would want to jump ship. Andvery few elite FA talent would want to come here . Poor weather , no tax breaks and above all perceived strict culture .

The game has moved in and so should we.

The dysfunctional offense is totally on [Belichick]. I'm a little shocked he let it get to this point.
Yep. Too much trust and reliance on his friends who were failed head coaches.

In Evan Lazar’s outstanding column he calls the offensive line “a mess” and the offensive game plan “flawed.” Perhaps it was put together by Evan Rothstein who came over from Detroit to stay with Patricia. As Mac Jones said, it was quick passes to maximize YAC. Buffalo has mediocre stats on tackling, showing them to be 27th in the league in missed tackles at a rate of 14%.

But that was largely because they were missing two defensive stars for part of the season. Jordan Poyer and Tremaine Edwards missed three and four games respectively.

They both played Thursday.

Lazar also revealed that Jonnu Smith, the $50 million TE was in for only 17 plays. Presumably he’s the perfect guy for this kind of attack.

And Patricia went away from play-action passing—there were only six all game—and passing in early downs. I expect that he’ll call a much better game in the desert by going back to play-action, being more aggressive in his play calling, and being more unpredictable.

Last edited:
Earlier in his career, a bunch of teams wanted to copy him running a 3-4. Spread offense and utilizing slot WR’s. Then finding the TE. Those days have since ended.
He did a helluva lot more innovation than just that.
He was the 1st HC to radically change the # of dbs on the field. 10 years ago his defenses were already in sub(5+ dbs) for 70% of the snaps. Way more than anyone else. His game plan offenses and defenses were one of the things,along with Brady,that made the Pats so successful on both sides of the ball.
And all his innovation wasn't a long time ago. The stretch drive of 2018, plus the playoffs and SB were absolutely brilliant.
More brilliant than anything McVay has ever done. You're either being a bit disingenuous or you haven't been paying attention.
But we do agree on the current state of things. Not good.

The other NFL Teams continuously purge coaching and FO talent from the Pats, they've been doing it for years now.
Anyone that has eyes can see that, and I don't know what folks think, these guys work their way up in the organization and get promoted when Bill decides they are ready, they are valuable pieces that we keep losing.

I don't know how many OTHER teams deal with the constant upheaval of coaching talent, but it has to be tough to keep having to deal with.

Not making excuses, but it has to have an affect IMHO.
Saban has the same problem at Alabama, only even worse, if you can believe it.

This is the 3rd year of the rebuild. The final pieces this team needs will come in over the next year. We've had 3 straight good drafts. That's a good foundation.

No we haven't.

Something Belichick has said maybe 10,000 times
And yet, he let the best TE and best QB in the history of the game walk away over a few dollars and without any replacements.
Actions speak louder than words and the highest paid person on the Pats is Bill.

Time flies.

I don't feel honestly we will ever see any more Lombardi trophies. What we witnessed for 19 seasons will never, ever be replicated in any sports period.

With each frustrating loss it makes me harp back on how good it was! I know RKK is a very gracious and proud owner.. I know he knows his team is much better than what they've displayed. We have to be the worst offense in the league.

I get jealous seeing functional offenses around the league.
When we look at the top teams they have one thing in common. A good to great QB.

When we look at the top teams they have one thing in common. A good to great QB.
they have playmakers all over the field on offense and thats not only QB, its more about great tp elite WRs and TEs as receiving options, and probably some smart offensive mind that actually has a clue of how to design an offense, so nothing the pats currently have

If this Pats team had, say, Justin Herbert at QB, they'd be 8-4 and everyone here would be excited about the direction this team is going.

But they don't. They have Mac Jones. Who may someday be a high level NFL quarterback. He's not yet. His rookie year was excellent for a rookie. This year has been a step back. The OL has been a disaster and the coaching on offense has been suspect. Plus he dealt with a real ankle injury that hampered him.

Mac may or may not be the guy. We need another year to find out, I think.

I don't feel honestly we will ever see any more Lombardi trophies. What we witnessed for 19 seasons will never, ever be replicated in any sports period.

With each frustrating loss it makes me harp back on how good it was! I know RKK is a very gracious and proud owner.. I know he knows his team is much better than what they've displayed. We have to be the worst offense in the league.

I get jealous seeing functional offenses around the league.

Ever? IDK, that is a bold statement to say the Pats will never win another Super Bowl ever.

The good thing is that the Krafts are good owners and are committed to winning. I think when Belichick goes, they will make a real effort to get a top flight GM and head coach. They aren't going to do what other teams do and get retreads or gamble on out of left field candidates. So I think with commitment from ownership, there is always a chance that they can win more Super Bowls.

If this Pats team had, say, Justin Herbert at QB, they'd be 8-4 and everyone here would be excited about the direction this team is going.

But they don't. They have Mac Jones. Who may someday be a high level NFL quarterback. He's not yet. His rookie year was excellent for a rookie. This year has been a step back. The OL has been a disaster and the coaching on offense has been suspect. Plus he dealt with a real ankle injury that hampered him.

He needs more than that. How about two consecutive years with the same OC (and a competent OC at that)? One year to un-F himself from this year and the next to built on what he learned in Year 1 with the new OC.

The Chargers have Justin Herbert and they have the same record as the Patriots. Just sayin.

Ever? IDK, that is a bold statement to say the Pats will never win another Super Bowl ever.

The good thing is that the Krafts are good owners and are committed to winning. I think when Belichick goes, they will make a real effort to get a top flight GM and head coach. They aren't going to do what other teams do and get retreads or gamble on out of left field candidates. So I think with commitment from ownership, there is always a chance that they can win more Super Bowls.
Yes, all things considered I can comfortably say that unless something drastically changes.. Again we had 19 seasons of dominant winning. That is insane if you think about it.

The way the NFL is so competitive now mainly in the AFC, the 17 game schedule, the top seed only getting the bye. Just so much went right for us during our winning. Meaning we very well could get to a divisional round, ect. but to actually get back to winning superbowls we are so far away from that.

Last season gave us serious hope, a stellar draft that gave us a qb, with Brady like traits,( high completion, protecting the ball, making smart throws)brung the team back to the post season. This season seemingly everything was done to regress the entire offense. We can all sit here and say Patricia and judge however they were asked to be in the positions they currently have.. the issues started in the off season as reported. Well the thing they should do is what smart organizations do get TALENT!

The way they were able to do business all those years as well know was all becuase of brady. Brady taking the team friendly deals, contract restructuring for thr good of the team. Brady told Seth wickersham he did it for so long because he felt he owed it to Kraft for giving him an opportunity. The smartest business man playing qb is kirk cousins!

The Chargers have Justin Herbert and they have the same record as the Patriots. Just sayin.
The chargers have been the NFLs biggest underachieving team. Going back to Phillip rivers. When they called themselves the Super chargers!

And yet, he let the best TE and best QB in the history of the game walk away over a few dollars and without any replacements.
Actions speak louder than words and the highest paid person on the Pats is Bill.

Time flies.
You and I both know it wasn't over a few dollars. The TE was injured and not playing in 2019 regardless. But he would only play with Brady anyway.

The fact that Brady wasn't even on the payroll and we were still up against the salary cap the year he left says it all. By the way, the Bucs didn't offer Brady a contract above what the Patriots offered him. It was just 2 years instead of 1 year. The Patriots wouldn't go to 2 years.

That 2019 season sealed the fact that the Patriots were in rebuild mode, and it was obvious. The 2019 team needed a total revamp.

Devin McCourty, Lawrence Guy and Isaiah Wynn are the only 3 remaining starters from 2019. And it's entirely conceivable that not a single one of them will be starting for the Patriots next year. We will have a total rebuild in year 4 with not 1 starter from the last Brady team.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back