Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll just do the AFC east for brevity. FYI, all 3 are contenders this year.

Rebuild StartRecord
bills20186-10
NYJ20184-12
Dolphins20195-11

I don't understand why you're starting with 2019 for the Dolphins.

2016 - 10-6
2017 - 6-10
2018 - 7-9
2019 - 5-11
2020 - 10-6
2021 - 9-8
2022 - 8-3

Why not start the rebuild following their 2016 season, besides the fact that it doesn't fit your narrative? Miami is in year *6* of their rebuild.

The Jets' last good season was 2015, when they went 10-6. Since then this is what they've done:

2016 - 5-11
2017 - 5-11
2018 - 4-12
2019 - 7-9
2020 - 2-14
2021 - 4-13
2022 - 7-4 (pending today's outcome)

I mean, for you to "begin" their rebuild in 2018 is absurd. They are in year *7* of their rebuild.

And honestly, Buffalo has been a sorry organization since 1999, when they went 11-5. Between that year and three years ago when Josh Allen finally clicked, they won 9 games just 3 times, and never more than that. They won just 6 or fewer gams 9 out of those 20 years (nearly HALF the time). They were a sorry, sad, pathetic organization. So they went from 1999-2018 (a full TWENTY YEARS) on a "rebuild".

For you to start those teams' dates just a few years ago is totally disingenuous.

For you to start those teams' dates just a few years ago is totally disingenuous.
He's been disingenuous the whole time. Eliminating entire years with winning records for the Patriots (2008), adding years to the rebuild (2019) when we went to the playoffs and came off a Super Bowl victory (clearly, we weren't rebuilding), then acknowledging 2008 but saying we went 10-5 without Brady (even though every single point scored by the Patriots in the 1st game was scored with Cassel at the helm, so clearly Brady was not a factor in that victory, they were 11-5).

Every one of his arguments is totally disingenuous.

You gotta remember Kraft will be 82 next season. How many more seasons does he have left? I am sure he would love to see at least one more ring before he goes. That could be an X factor in what he does in the offseason.

At this rate, the playoffs let alone ather ring I'd to

You gotta remember Kraft will be 82 next season. How many more seasons does he have left? I am sure he would love to see at least one more ring before he goes. That could be an X factor in what he does in the offseason.

Meyers is good. Henry is misused

I don't feel honestly we will ever see any more Lombardi trophies. What we witnessed for 19 seasons will never, ever be replicated in any sports period.

With each frustrating loss it makes me harp back on how good it was! I know RKK is a very gracious and proud owner.. I know he knows his team is much better than what they've displayed. We have to be the worst offense in the league.

I get jealous seeing functional offenses around the league.

There are 16 games in a season. Not 15.

Without his tear down of the team in 2000, we don't have the success we did. He got rid of very talented people who weren't with the program and replaced them with people he trusted to "do their job." Vets. Hold the fort types. Without that, we don't build and win Super Bowls.

You're holding the Browns experience against him even though we all know that franchise was a s***show that pulled the rug out from everyone after the playoffs.

The Browns thing tells us NOTHNG about Belichick.

In fact, after he left the Browns, he came to New England, became the assistant coach, head of the defense, and helped turn a 6-10 team into the AFC Champion.

He's also 2-2 winning seasons to losing seasons without Brady with the Patriots. Not 40% and Pete Carroll wasn't 1 of 3 either. It's not that hard to look up facts instead of constantly getting them wrong

Brady started the KC game, Matt cassell doesn't get the win for that game. I don't make the NFL's rules.

You're making our arguments for us. Thanks. Teams that go through the Coaching merry go round have decades of ineptitude.

So Bill can't do what Pete Carroll has done? You know the impossible 2-3 year rebuilds you argued. Pete could win with Drew. So which is it? Rebuilds with GOAT coach takes the same as rebuilds with multiple GMs and coaches?

Im confused by all this….the Bills trouncing NE was not expected? I certinaly did not think NE would win this game. But all the criticism about offense is true, cant deny it, not sure how this plays out as Bill needs to do something but I think he is too stubborn.

Last edited:
Multiple people in the media are saying Bill refuses to evolve with the game and that will be his downfall.

So Bill can't do what Pete Carroll has done? You know the impossible 2-3 year rebuilds you argued. Pete could win with Drew. So which is it? Rebuilds with GOAT coach takes the same as rebuilds with multiple GMs and coaches?
I have no idea what you're even saying here. I said Belichick could take the talent off the Super Bowl team and won. With Pete, we got worse than the previous year EVERY year that he was here.

As for your last question, what does it mean? I have no idea

Brady started the KC game, Matt cassell doesn't get the win for that game. I don't make the NFL's rules.
Brady didn't score a single point. Cassell lead the offense to all the points that resulted in the win.

This is a prime example of you being disingenuous.

The Patriots in year 2 of the rebuild went 10-7 and made the playoffs.

The Seahawks are in year 2 of the rebuild (they were 12-4 in 2020 and 7-10 in 2021) and currently sit at 6-5, or just a half game better than the Patriots.

And Seattle is getting insane, never-ever-expected production out of Geno Smith of all people. He's having a career, magical, never-before seen year from him, at age 32. Nobody saw this coming, not even Pete Carroll.

We have no idea whether that will translate into continual building in year 3 (2023), or if Geno will turn back into the pumpkin that he's always been, which would likely mean them slipping back to 5-7 wins, or if they draft a new QB and start over.

I mean, Seattle is your best argument for a team that can rebuild in 2 years, but even this one is a MASSIVE stretch. And that's basically your only example, while I gave you a bunch showing you that 2-3 year rebuilds aren't even close to the norm.

You're losing this argument. Badly.

the rest of the league really bailing us out so far.

Looking like a jets, chargers, dolphins all losing.

the rest of the league really bailing us out so far.

Looking like a jets, chargers, dolphins all losing.
And likely we'll be losing as well next Monday, I can very well see Murray running all day on us.. Hopkins on triple coverage still making plays..

And likely we'll be losing as well next Monday, I can very well see Murray running all day on us.. Hopkins on triple coverage still making plays..
Murray is a **** y.
Don't worry, he's a failure

Multiple people in the media are saying Bill refuses to evolve with the game and that will be his downfall.
Yep, and media has reported also that if this continues players are likely to going to ask for off season trades. I'm not ready to give on BB, but something has to give. As great as he's been I'm sure he has an ego. It's utterly embarrassing having to watch this team offensively. The things bill is doing worked in the early 2ks.. the NFL has caught up with us.. the regression is real.. even the jaguars look as if they are getting better they look competent on offense!

I'd like to ask... even if somehow, someway, some sort of miracle we even make the post season.. what would this offense look like? No one fears us..

Im confused by all this….the Bills trouncing NE was not expected? I certinaly did not think NE would win this game. But all the criticism about offense is true, cant deny it, not sure how this plays out as Bill needs to do something but I think he is too stubborn.
Just look at the score prediction thread. Clearly most of the board was not expecting the bills to win.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back