Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, I also don't know, but I don't get the feeling that Bill would have an issue if Jonathan was running things.
I agree with you, I don't think he gives a chit who signs the checks.

Is it a year too early to get rid of BB as HC of the NEP or a year too late?

The Krafts don't want to fire Bill while he's pursuing Shula... But Jonathan especially MUST insist upon Major organizational changes, beginning immediately after season's end, which in our case will be Black Monday... His & Al Groh's kid's grocery-shopping powers MUST be Removed from BOTH of them, for starters...

The Krafts don't want to fire Bill while he's pursuing Shula... But Jonathan especially MUST insist upon Major organizational changes, beginning immediately after season's end, which in our case will be Black Monday... His & Al Groh's kid's grocery-shopping powers MUST be Removed from BOTH of them, for starters...
the issues don't have anything to do with BBs kid running the defense. This problem is all on the offense and Matt & Joe have to go. If Josh is not available after the season, then bring bill O'Brien back as OC. They are wasting Mac Jones

Holy crap! Patricia actually told one of his own players that he'd end his career? That sounds like what he's trying to do here with Bourne.

I also remember him telling a reporter in Detroit to sit up straight at a presser.

What a POS.
Right, total clown, Patricia. Some of us called this right from the get go... horrible decision by Belichick. Probably ruined the entire season. Patricia made a complete ass of himself in Detroit. Treating people like garbage and alienating his players. Ultimately he fails miserably and gets fired. Yet Belichick thinks it's a brilliant idea to bring this slob back on staff to oversee the growth of only the most important player of the franchise. Obviously that blew up in his face. Mac looks bewildered and rudderless. The offense is stagnant and uninspired. Players openly voicing their frustration and losing faith. The only way to possibly fix it is for Belichick to acknowledge his mistake, blow it up, and start over with an eye on bringing in someone with some genuine experience and credibility. The question will he do it? Or perhaps will the Krafts demand it?

At first I found Bill's approach in his pressers to be somewhat funny, but that went away fast after I talked to a friend who's a member of the media and has to ask Bill questions at times. Bill doesn't have any respect for them and it shows.

They don't have much respect for him either

At this point I can't say that I really blame them.

Last edited:
Bill had about 10 years of coaching without Brady. That's a very good sample size. Here are some comparisons to other coaches;

Wrecks Ryan 61-66 reg season, 4-2 playoffs
Blunder Bill 78-85, 1-2
**** Nolan 69-82, 2-3
Mike Zimmer 72-56, 2-3
Jim Caldwell 62-50, 2-4

Belichick is below average without Brady. The numbers don't lie.
Ah yes because all we lost the past few years was Brady and not also Gronk, Edelman, Hightower, Chung, young McCourty, Mason, Cannon, Thuney, and Gilmore. We are worse at every position group compared to Brady’s last year except for RB.

You might not remember the 2019 season but it was frustrating in its own ways. The wheels were already starting to come off.

Last edited:
Right, total clown, Patricia. Some of us called this right from the get go... horrible decision by Belichick. Probably ruined the entire season. Patricia made a complete ass of himself in Detroit. Treating people like garbage and alienating his players. Ultimately he fails miserably and gets fired. Yet Belichick thinks it's a brilliant idea to bring this slob back on staff to oversee the growth of only the most important player of the franchise. Obviously that blew up in his face. Mac looks bewildered and rudderless. The offense is stagnant and uninspired. Players openly voicing their frustration and losing faith. The only way to possibly fix it is for Belichick to acknowledge his mistake, blow it up, and start over with an eye on bringing in someone with some genuine experience and credibility. The question will he do it? Or perhaps will the Krafts demand it?
He will probably trade Mac or any player that voice his frustration and acquire player that will work with Patricia before he even thinks about firing Patricia

In fairness, every good coach suffered after they lost their guy. You can either win with a great quarterback or a great roster (like they did with Cassel in 2008). Right now, they have neither.
I was really trying to give Bill and the team some time before I judged them, but we're 12 games in and it doesn't look good at all, for now or next year if Patricia comes back. The quotes from former Lions players who played for Patricia were a startling eye-opener for me. It sounds like some of the same things that we're hearing here.

I understand that a coach needs top players to win but I don't believe that Bill feels the same way. Otherwise he wouldn't have let Brady walk without any replacement at all. He also didn't seem ready to replace McDaniels.

This outcome is perfectly normal on a well coached offense nothing to see here.

That entire final drive was a complete sh*t show. 16 pass attempts by Jones... 7 from inside the BUF25. And they had to settle for FG attempt from the BUF21. That's next level ineptness.

In fairness, every good coach suffered after they lost their guy. You can either win with a great quarterback or a great roster (like they did with Cassel in 2008). Right now, they have neither.
Unfortunately, Belichick isn’t supposed to be just a good coach. He’s the anointed (rightfully so) GOAT.. I expect better coached teams out of him and to be better than below average without Brady.

Ah yes because all we lost the past few years was Brady and not also Gronk, Edelman, Hightower, Chung, young McCourty, Mason, Cannon, Thuney, and Gilmore. We are worse at every position group compared to Brady’s last year except for RB.
Throw Amendola in there too. He made some very clutch plays that led to SB wins. It's too bad that there wasn't some way to replace those players.

Reactions: Ian
Unfortunately, Belichick isn’t supposed to be just a good coach. He’s the anointed (rightfully so) GOAT.. I expect better coached teams out of him and to be better than below average without Brady.
The guy went 10-7 with a rookie and aside from that has 7-9 (Newton) 11-5 (Cassel) and 5-11 (Bledsoe). One losing season so far since Brady…albeit, we could be on the verge of another :(

Time for Bill to step down, he quit on the team last night. 3 time outs and 1:50 left.
Time management has become as issue. We used to laugh at other team's clock management, now it's the Pats that are becoming the joke.

I'm glad this was mentioned.. What a ****ing gutless ****ing Quitter move that was... ALL THREE ****ING TIMEOUTS...

Bill's responsible for both who the quarterback is and the players on the roster.

I disagree with almost everything here.

1. Offensive talent was lesser last year and they got better results
2. Still a way to go for him, and if he were on a team with the same amount of talent, but with, for instance, someone like McDaniels as coach, I bet Mac would be highly successful, since he is uncannily accurate with his throws.
3. We do have some injuries now, you can be sure McDermott doesn't know any plays, but Patricia is the OL coach
4. That defines Agholor, but Parker has had a lot more success elsewhere, Bourne was excellent for us, and Jakobi is a good route runner, good possession WR
5. Our running backs are excellent

We should've been building on last year. Instead we've regressed. Basic stuff. The ability to run simple plays. There's a huge level of dysfunction here that has absolutely nothing to do with the capability of the players.
I disagree with almost everything here.

1. How was it less talent, when it's the same group +Parker (16 yds last night). Once teams had enough film on Mac after the bye, he was throttled. It's just continued.
2. He had McDaniels as coach and ended the season 1-4. Come on man, enough with the excuses. He had a wide open Meyers on a crosser and over threw his pass, same w/ Thornton.
3. Everyone has injuries now, yet they win. Did you see Bills' LT? Most OLs across the league are decimated.
4. Success elsewhere? MIA fans were glad to see Parker depart. He's supposed to be our #1 and has 1 TD. Bourne has been unimpressive. Agree on Jakobi.
5. Our running backs? What RBs? We have Dre and nobody else. That's shameful. Pats are #23 in rushing yds/g. How is that excellent?

Yes we've regressed. The ability to run simple plays? That's the whole problem, offense is too simple. Good teams sit back and pick us apart. There's a huge lack of talent in comparison with the good teams. That's so obvious.

The guy went 10-7 with a rookie and aside from that has 7-9 (Newton) 11-5 (Cassel) and 5-11 (Bledsoe). One losing season so far since Brady…albeit, we could be on the verge of another :(
There are different levels of losing seasons, this one could be a REAL ugly losing season where some of our wins are legitimately because of defensive scores and special team scores.

The 10-7 looks like an outlier when you consider this season and the season with Cam. Mcdaniels covered up a lot of weaknesses that Patricias ineptitude are shining a magnifying glass on.

Then it boggles my mind you've seen all this bad coaching and you want Belichick fired. It's preposterous.

You'd probably want to hire McVay and the type, a complete and utter disaster.
What we have now is a complete and utter disaster created by Belichick. This team needs soo much work from multiple players on O & D to a rehaul of the coaching staff. Let's have a serious discussion. Enough with this nonsense.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back