PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, Reiss calling McCourty out on 100 of Jefferson's 139 yards.
Hated the love tap when McCourty could have cleaned up Jefferson on one of those catches.

Yeah, McCourty is a great leader, has been a great Patriot, but it wasn't one of his better games and one has to wonder if this is his last year.
Next Three he's playing some Elite WR's Diggs - Adams and Hopkins it doesn't get easy for McCourty or our CB's.

BB should be fired immediately if he does not accept anything better than a 3rd rounder for a Zappe trade.
Lol, you've been beating the drum that Zappe isn't a career starter and at best a back-up. Who's going to give a 3rd for a 4th Rd back-up QB? Come on man, at least be consistent.

Lol, you've been beating the drum that Zappe isn't a career starter and at best a back-up. Who's going to give a 3rd for a 4th Rd back-up QB? Come on man, at least be consistent.
Hence my point that if some stupid team offers the Patriots a high pick for him Bill must take it.

via phil perry from the video

"Not necessarily bad concepts across the board," Warner said. "Good, solid concepts. Would like to see more. You saw it in there. A lot of the same concepts, concept ideas, over and over and over again. But they're good concept ideas so I'm not going to argue as much with that.

"But it's about details. Details, details, details. You want to be simple with your offense? You better be really, really good at what you do in the details. Details as a quarterback. Technique throwing the football. Getting the football out on time. Knowing where your eyes should be and what you're seeing. Then the details of creating the right kind of spacing. Getting into positions quickly to allow your quarterback to make reads and get the ball out on time, giving him opportunities to do that...

"This is my problem with where the Patriots are overall. Yes, I'd like to see more concepts and more creativity overall. But if this is what you're going to do and you're going to be a simplistic offense that runs the same concepts over and over and over again, get good at them. Get the details down...

"That to me is where Mac Jones has struggled this year. Things haven't happened quick enough for him. It's forced him to overthink things, to get through things too quickly and make a lot of bad decisions with the football that he didn't do nearly as much last year. There's a whole bunch of stuff coming together.

"In that game, they completed a bunch of passes. They had a lot of yards. But you see all the stuff that could've been. All the opportunities out there that were missed because the details weren't very good on those concepts. That's what I've been seeing with the Patriots all year long. Two weeks ago, I think Mac went 23-for-27 and the Patriots scored three points. Right? Why? Lack of efficiency. Efficiency. Yes, we get completions... We need to score points. We need these plays to turn into big plays. We need them to turn into first downs in critical opportunities. Details. Reading it right as a quarterback. Get the ball to the right guy, making good decisions.

"That, to me, is where this team has been way up and down. I would say more down than up this year and why they've struggled to score points and do it week in and week out."

Yeah, McCourty is a great leader, has been a great Patriot, but [the Vikings Thanksgiving tilt] wasn't one of his better games and one has to wonder if this is his last year.
I can’t see him staying next year. The idea of joining his brother as a high-paid tv guy just becomes too compelling. And a lot easier on the body.

So next year’s draft will have important holes that need immediate impact players brought in such as OT and FS. Or bring in another impact free agent like Harrison.

Ah, those were the days.

[Quoting Kurt Warner]:
Two weeks ago, I think Mac went 23-for-27 and the Patriots scored three points. Right? Why? Lack of efficiency. Efficiency. Yes, we get completions... We need to score points. We need these plays to turn into big plays. We need them to turn into first downs in critical opportunities. Details. Reading it right as a quarterback. Get the ball to the right guy, making good decisions.
That’s BZ not MJ. Time will tell.

I can’t see him staying next year. The idea of joining his brother as a high-paid tv guy just becomes too compelling. And a lot easier on the body.

So next year’s draft will have important holes that need immediate impact players brought in such as OT and FS. Or bring in another impact free agent like Harrison.

Ah, those were the days.

He seems to be just fast enough at this point to get a close-up viewing of the WR making a tough catch against decent CB coverage but not fast enough to actually defend the pass when he is providing deep safety help. His INTs this year have largely been gifts.

via phil perry from the video

"Not necessarily bad concepts across the board," Warner said. "Good, solid concepts. Would like to see more. You saw it in there. A lot of the same concepts, concept ideas, over and over and over again. But they're good concept ideas so I'm not going to argue as much with that.

"But it's about details. Details, details, details. You want to be simple with your offense? You better be really, really good at what you do in the details. Details as a quarterback. Technique throwing the football. Getting the football out on time. Knowing where your eyes should be and what you're seeing. Then the details of creating the right kind of spacing. Getting into positions quickly to allow your quarterback to make reads and get the ball out on time, giving him opportunities to do that...

"This is my problem with where the Patriots are overall. Yes, I'd like to see more concepts and more creativity overall. But if this is what you're going to do and you're going to be a simplistic offense that runs the same concepts over and over and over again, get good at them. Get the details down...

"That to me is where Mac Jones has struggled this year. Things haven't happened quick enough for him. It's forced him to overthink things, to get through things too quickly and make a lot of bad decisions with the football that he didn't do nearly as much last year. There's a whole bunch of stuff coming together.

"In that game, they completed a bunch of passes. They had a lot of yards. But you see all the stuff that could've been. All the opportunities out there that were missed because the details weren't very good on those concepts. That's what I've been seeing with the Patriots all year long. Two weeks ago, I think Mac went 23-for-27 and the Patriots scored three points. Right? Why? Lack of efficiency. Efficiency. Yes, we get completions... We need to score points. We need these plays to turn into big plays. We need them to turn into first downs in critical opportunities. Details. Reading it right as a quarterback. Get the ball to the right guy, making good decisions.

"That, to me, is where this team has been way up and down. I would say more down than up this year and why they've struggled to score points and do it week in and week out."

This is impressive stuff from Warner I think he could be a OC down the road he really understands play concepts. I love how he talks about our lack of spacing on routes basically running receivers too close to each other which gives the Defense not the Offense the advantage. IF Fat Matt improves our spacing in our play designs he would give Mac more throwing windows. You can see on few plays that Mac went to the wrong guy on certain plays on a bail out pass or check down there was more there.

Smith of all the off season acquisitions to Me is the biggest tease, for such a great athlete, breakaway speed, the ability to make defenders miss he isn't involved in the offense save for blocking duties. If we could really unlock his true abilities this offense could go some where..
With TEN, Smith had about 22 yds/g w/ 1.9 receptions/g. With NE he has about 19 y/g with 1.85 rec/g. The Smith FA signing and contract was always a reach. The only thing Smith was better at in Ten was scoring TDs (16 in 4 seasons). Not sure why he isn't being used more in the RZ.

yes, if someone is willing to give a 3 for Zappe, we better keep him and think about playing him. Next 5 games tough, Mac can define his career path. I know most of you will blame BB, MP, JJ regardless if he doesn't sustain last game's performance.

Yeah, McCourty is a great leader, has been a great Patriot, but it wasn't one of his better games and one has to wonder if this is his last year.

If?

IF?

It better be.

Should've traded him (& Gilmore, and maybe others too) at the 2020 deadline... Some of us already understood by the time November rolled in that year that the Entire season was a hopelessly lost cause already, and that Now was the time to Truly build for the Future... Dam that last-second win vs the Jete, one of the most counter-productive of this century... If we had lost then maybe Bill would've started the Re-Build right then & there...

Last edited:
Hated the love tap when McCourty could have cleaned up Jefferson on one of those catches.

Yep, the Flapper has been making a Lot of business decisions this season... Started last season too...

With TEN, Smith had about 22 yds/g w/ 1.9 receptions/g. With NE he has about 19 y/g with 1.85 rec/g. The Smith FA signing and contract was always a reach. The only thing Smith was better at in Ten was scoring TDs (16 in 4 seasons). Not sure why he isn't being used more in the RZ.
Great information, so pretty much his production isn't really much different in NE. Some type or red zone hex or something is really over this team in the red zone. What really stood out was how many times the defense set them up in the red area or inside the 50 against the jets in metlife stadium.. I've seen even the most dysfunctional teams produce in the red area when given the opportunity.

That's where we were always so good for years was the red area on offense and defense.. we have some speed with Thornton, and size with Henry . However I should maybe stop comparing these Patriots to the glory days. Why they aren't awful this is a team thay does more to self inflict than other teams do to them..

I see a reworked contract for smith this off season do you?

Yep, the Flapper has been making a Lot of business decisions this season... Started last season too...
That's what happens when you have so many football miles on your body, your reaction, and makeup speed isn't there anymore.. this most definitely is D Mac's last season... he's been a great player and even better person in the new England area! Father time comes for us all!

It is always going to be next year for the next "couple of years". The Pats will be at the bottom of the AFC east by the end of the day and I can't see them being competitive with the Bills next week. I am expecting an 8-9 season, anything above that would be good.
It sure feels that way, we see nothing but potent offenses the next few games.. I've already conceded the 2 losses to Buffalo we just have no answer for Allen. I'll say this.. the only team that can beat Buffalo, and make Allen look like a average qb is the jets, they have a dominant D line and a lock down corner.. the dolphins can simply out score them.

Smith of all the off season acquisitions to Me is the biggest tease, for such a great athlete, breakaway speed, the ability to make defenders miss he isn't involved in the offense save for blocking duties. If we could really unlock his true abilities this offense could go some where..
Jonnu Smith should be giving money back based on production its' impossible for us to get rid of him next year. Dude ain't a Rookie he has had success in this league he's becoming a mystery.

Oops, duplicate post.
No worries , I can't wait for the games to start going back the the 1 pm start times.. staying up late to watcht team loose isn't fun!

No worries , I can't wait for the games to start going back the the 1 pm start times.. staying up late to watcht team loose isn't fun!
Omg, exactly, especially when you have to get up at 6:00am to go to work.

This girl needs her 8 hrs of sleep or she can be one cranky *****!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back