PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, and factual with everything stated. Some of the calls in the NFL each season are so noticeable like the HH one .. he absolutely broke the plane..

However 2 weeks ago in Buffalo Gabe Davis play was incomplete and so many others.. these types of plays determine the outcome of games.
Sometime we are on the winning end Sometime we aren't I take it all in good faith..
Actually of all the calls the Pats got shafted with in the this game, the HH call was at the bottom of the list.

As I understand it, crossing the plane does NOT mean the play is over. According to the geniuses on Park Ave, he STILL has to "complete the catch", which means the ball can't move before he has complete control....and it DID move. The problem is this rule is called SO randomly called there is no consistency. One week it's called, and the next it's not. BTW- my initial reaction was "HE crossed the plane" too.

BTW- not only was I pissed at the call, I was even MORE pissed at the reaction of the announcers. They were THRILLED it got called an incompletion. It was probably the most one sided game I've ever heard from a National crew.

You're just lonely. Putting you on mute.
Can you help me to understand what BB was thinking not to go for it on 4th and inches at the 5 last week against jets? But yet does go for it 4th and 3 at his own 45? And again yesterday at the goal line and won't go for it after the HH BS call.. . offense was moving the ball well..

Mac has completed 72.5% of his passes the last 4 weeks. That's the best completion rate in that span and he could be a little bit higher if it was for a couple of drops and timing miscues by the receiver.

View attachment 47653
completion % is pretty meaningless if you can not score in the red zone

Pats are 31st out of 32 teams in the NFL in red zone touchdowns. That is the most important stat for an offense and the Pats and Mac have been abysmal

Pats are 31st out of 32 teams in the NFL in red zone touchdowns. That is the most important stat for an offense and the Pats and Mac have been abysmal

First time in red zone:

1669405920672.png

How's that a Mac thing? What volumes does it speak?

Can you help me to understand what BB was thinking not to go for it on 4th and inches at the 5 last week against jets? But yet does go for it 4th and 3 at his own 45? And again yesterday at the goal line and won't go for it after the HH BS call.. . offense was moving the ball well..
Here is why BB did not go for it from the 5......
and he shouldn't until offense gives him reason to believe

Actually of all the calls the Pats got shafted with in the this game, the HH call was at the bottom of the list.

As I understand it, crossing the plane does NOT mean the play is over. According to the geniuses on Park Ave, he STILL has to "complete the catch", which means the ball can't move before he has complete control....and it DID move. The problem is this rule is called SO randomly called there is no consistency. One week it's called, and the next it's not. BTW- my initial reaction was "HE crossed the plane" too.

BTW- not only was I pissed at the call, I was even MORE pissed at the reaction of the announcers. They were THRILLED it got called an incompletion. It was probably the most one sided game I've ever heard from a National crew.
I see, yes I read that the player has to complete the act in order to deemed a completed catch.. I guess patriots hater Troy Vincent forgot to revise that rule.. Jason Garrett, was commentating along with dungy on the game.. Garrett, please.. what did he ever accomplish as a coach lol.. officiating as the NFL has had a large amount of turnover with thier officials calls have been so inconsistent league wide..

It seemed like the Pats pass rush was slowed by all the play action. They didn’t really ever pin their ears back and get to the qb like they have in past games. Not sure why other teams haven’t manufactured extra time for their QBs with play action like the Vikings did but I promise you every team they play from here on out will try the same tactic so they need to get it figured out.
That's because MIN never gave up on their rushing despite poor results (2.1 ypa) like the Pats did.

MIN: 38 Pass / 27 Rush (58-42%)

NEP: 39 Pass / 13 Rush (75-25%)

O'Connell's game plan was obvious, force Mac to beat them, despite having the #31st passing D in the league (now #32).

Another time in the red zone (Note the time left, and the down):

1669406041628.png

Again, how is that a Mac thing? What volumes is that speaking?

Another red zone time:

1669406208801.png

Again, how is that a Mac thing? What volumes is that speaking?

I don't see it move when he hit the ground. I see it move AFTER it's off the ground. It's still when it's on the ground.
You obviously flunked physics.

Those of you trying to use the red zone appearances against Mac Jones are choosing just about the worst possible game to do that.

We should have had a fullback in retrospect .

This comment probably belongs in the Vikings post-game thread, but why the heck weren’t JonNo & HH employed more often in the backfield like they were sometimes last Sunday vs the Jete? Don’t remember seeing many if any of those looks even after the Omen left the game via injury (again)…

No, he didn't. Criticize all you like, but be honest in your criticism.
Not talking about this drive, it's all season. Taking sacs instead of throwing the ball away, tipping plays to defense, staring down receivers, bad pocket awareness, inability or unwillingness to qb sneak or bootleg for example. The biggest thing is lack of talent at key positions and bad coaching. But when you are 31st out of 32 and even the jets are better...everyone bears some responsibility.

Last edited:
Those of you trying to use the red zone appearances against Mac Jones are choosing just about the worst possible game to do that.
I certainly do not blame it all on Mac. Its lack of talent, bad coaching, bad clock management, tipping plays to the defense, staring down receivers, bad pocket awareness, inability to occasionally run for some yards or a naked bootleg.

I certainly do not bale it all on Mac. Its lack of talent, bad coaching, bad clock management, tipping plays to the defense, staring down receivers, bad pocket awareness, inability to occasionally run for some yards or a naked bootleg.

Failure in the red zone happens even with the best of the best QBs. And choosing this game to talk about Mac and his allegely having red zone issues (which I'm not commenting on in any direction outside of this game) is absolutely terrible timing, at best.

So odd right!!? Agholor, Jonnu, Bourne have been abject failures as FA signings.

Jonnu obviously the worst of the three but dang.

Lot of $$$ not producing
Agree. Pats have the most expensive group of receivers (WR, TE) in the league, yet we're bottom third in yards and scoring. Very frustrating.

Failure in the red zone happens even with the best of the best QBs. And choosing this game to talk about Mac and his allegely having red zone issues (which I'm not commenting on in any direction outside of this game) is absolutely terrible timing, at best.
Mac had a very good game and I agree with you that this is NOT the game to point the finger at Mac. I do point the finger at the offense as a unit and the coaching however. Still no red zone touchdowns in this game.
Trying a trick play at the 12 yard line shows how desperate the coaching staff is for answers. Hunter Henry not getting out of bounds with less than a minute to go...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes