PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mistakes that this team makes are not because of coaching.

Lack of talent at QB is a huge drag.
It absolutely is. Great coaching forces a team to play disciplined and smart...or it gets players who will.

Saying Mac doesn't have talent is complete biased BS. Please.

Or else he brought in the wrong coaches overestimating their capabilities. I believe most of the mess-ups we've seen offensively never would've occurred with McDaniels and an experienced OL coach. BB can't micromanage everything on both sides of the ball. I have no idea about ST coordinator Cameron Achord, special teams have been both good and bad.

This is interesting to ponder:

3/4s of those coaches were on pervious SB winning teams.

Listening to the CONSTANT whine of at least the last 3 pages is unbearable. Listen folks, this was a FOOTBALL game. Get a little perspective here. In EVERY football game there are going to be dozens of mistakes, errors, and questionable calls, even in games you win. DEAL with it. It is literally a no-win situation for many of you. When I read some of the tripe in this thread, I can only picture 2 year olds having a tantrum, or the archetype sulking teenager.

This team had to endure having to travel on a short week, perhaps the most single biggest disadvantage to overcome. They got the short stick of the officiating. They made 2 critical mistakes in the kicking game (see the bad officiating) which ended up costing them the game. And actually you could add 2 more. The 26 yd punt at the end of the game which allowed the Vikes to pin the Pats back at the 12, even though the D got the 3 and out. AND the fact MJones should not have tried to return that last punt. It cost us time and field position. But that was a judgment call, so I might be nitpicking here on the last one.

The point I'm trying to make here is the Pats were set up for failure for a number of reasons. The VIkes have a great RB, 3 top receivers, and top 12 QB. Yet the Pats went toe to toe with them and just missed on a few plays, while the Vikes seems to make theirs (or at least Jefferson did. This game SHOULD have been 26-26 with the Pats with the ball with a minute left to win the game. What more can you ask for as a fan.

Oh, I forgot we are now a fan base that will complain about EVERY questionable play call. EVERY mistake made by a player, etc and IGNORE any positive play that doesn't fit the narrative the whiners are trying to spin.

The defense was always going to have a tough time, but the penalty on the punt would tend to sap their confidence.

I would say the drive into the Vikings 20 area with under a minute to go was a good drive. If we were only going for a FG there it would've been even more successful, but we were TD or bust, which is harder.
In theory the D did it's job. Going in MN averaged 23 offensive points and they scored 26. They ave 338ypg and they had 358. They shut down the run. Could have been better. Could have been worse.

Yea the drive to the 20 was decent but not successful. Goota dig deep and make plays.

Yes BB is slipping. Creativity, innovation, vision and willingness to occasionally take a risk are sorely needed.
However Kraft will stick with BB until he passes Shula.
Absolutely, the head scratching 4th down decisions, last week against jets. Not to go for it yesterday. On and on and on.. I feel like as far as if the krafts ever parted with Bill it would have to be a strictly coaching decision..

Sean Payton as far as coaching, would be the only great offensive minded coach I could think off to ever come in this organization...

I guess since Bill does multiple jobs is why he ask of players and coaches to do more than 1 thing.. bb Absolutely hands down best coach ever.. however with each frustrating loss the realization that # 12 isn't here anymore sinks deeply in...

I knew you'd squeeze in a troll job somewhere along the line. Go back to your pathetic "told you so" quoting of yourself.

And I knew you and SB1 would respond...that's what makes me a good troll

Listening to the CONSTANT whine of at least the last 3 pages is unbearable. Listen folks, this was a FOOTBALL game. Get a little perspective here. In EVERY football game there are going to be dozens of mistakes, errors, and questionable calls, even in games you win. DEAL with it. It is literally a no-win situation for many of you. When I read some of the tripe in this thread, I can only picture 2 year olds having a tantrum, or the archetype sulking teenager.

This team had to endure having to travel on a short week, perhaps the most single biggest disadvantage to overcome. They got the short stick of the officiating. They made 2 critical mistakes in the kicking game (see the bad officiating) which ended up costing them the game. And actually you could add 2 more. The 26 yd punt at the end of the game which allowed the Vikes to pin the Pats back at the 12, even though the D got the 3 and out. AND the fact MJones should not have tried to return that last punt. It cost us time and field position. But that was a judgment call, so I might be nitpicking here on the last one.

The point I'm trying to make here is the Pats were set up for failure for a number of reasons. The VIkes have a great RB, 3 top receivers, and top 12 QB. Yet the Pats went toe to toe with them and just missed on a few plays, while the Vikes seems to make theirs (or at least Jefferson did. This game SHOULD have been 26-26 with the Pats with the ball with a minute left to win the game. What more can you ask for as a fan.

Oh, I forgot we are now a fan base that will complain about EVERY questionable play call. EVERY mistake made by a player, etc and IGNORE any positive play that doesn't fit the narrative the whiners are trying to spin.
True, and factual with everything stated. Some of the calls in the NFL each season are so noticeable like the HH one .. he absolutely broke the plane..

However 2 weeks ago in Buffalo Gabe Davis play was incomplete and so many others.. these types of plays determine the outcome of games.
Sometime we are on the winning end Sometime we aren't I take it all in good faith..

You didn’t see him screaming at the referees after the next play and then again after the game and having a meltdown that would make an infant proud? This is far from the first time this has happened, either. As @Ian pointed out earlier in the thread, Saban used to call him “McEnroe.”
Are you referring to his helmet slam when the game ended?
McCourty has had that problem a few times this year. He’s lost a half a step. The play recognition and football IQ are still there, but he’s late getting to the ball because his pursuit speed isn’t what it used to be. The one bomb that Jefferson caught in double coverage would have been intercepted by 2020 McCourty. He should probably call it a career after this season.
Posters that were at the games last year were pointing out McCourty stood out like a sore thumb being slow at reacting to plays.

Give some credit to the run defense, Cook isn't a J.A.G and the Pats put him a phone booth and kept them there all night

ba781d96cda9878113232462cd600ad5.png

That made my head explode. The broadcast booth and officials were not alerted in time, evidently. You sure it didn't come back? They all seemed certain it was a "surviving the ground" call.

There should not be a situation where it was a catch and it became a non-catch after the play was over. (edit - I left out "not" when I wrote this)
Never mind, found it. I was behind the times on this one.

Holy crap. Thanks Reiss.

Give some credit to the run defense, Cook isn't a J.A.G and the Pats put him a phone booth and kept them there all night

View attachment 47651
Run defense has been great all year. God, Guy and the boys have been really, stout in the middle. Again against the Vikings.

Are you referring to his helmet slam when the game ended?

Posters that were at the games last year were pointing out McCourty stood out like a sore thumb being slow at reacting to plays.
Everything after that play until the helmet slam after the game. Unless the team was in hurry-up, he was constantly b.itching to the refs. Shut up and move on.

You can't just make up rules as you go along. The ball moved when he hit the ground. As much as it sucks for us that isn't a catch.
No, sir! No! See @iJordonMoore
5 sec. video tweet on the page
shortly after your post.

Last edited:
Settled on my final nickname for Godchaux, "Gotcha"

I thought of you when someone preambled a complaint with "football's a simple game"... didn't square with "endlessly fascinating" or my own admittedly less learned perspective on the game

Absolutely, the head scratching 4th down decisions, last week against jets. Not to go for it yesterday. On and on and on.. I feel like as far as if the krafts ever parted with Bill it would have to be a strictly coaching decision..

Sean Payton as far as coaching, would be the only great offensive minded coach I could think off to ever come in this organization...

I guess since Bill does multiple jobs is why he ask of players and coaches to do more than 1 thing.. bb Absolutely hands down best coach ever.. however with each frustrating loss the realization that # 12 isn't here anymore sinks deeply in...
Go play Madden, kid. There were ZERO questionable fourth down decisions in the last two games; when you have the chance to take the points, you take them.

View attachment 47651
Sure, but what does it matter if we are watching a fixed product? The NFL has apparently already determined that the Patriots won’t be winning this year. So why celebrate a stat that will ultimately be meaningless? Why even continue to watch such a product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back