PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac was ass in the fourth after being straight fire to start

Painful to watch in person

Mac Jones Second Half Totals:
Total: 16-of-24 (66.7%) 234 yards 1TD, no turnovers

How is that being "ass"?
I think there's a difference between a 4th Qtr and a half.

4th Qtr:
8 of 13 (61%) 0 TDs, 2 sacks

4th Qtr Drives:
Punt (3 & Out) 1 yd
Punt (3 & Out) 9 yds
TO downs (sack) 54 yds
End game (sack) 40 yds

I think there's a difference between a 4th Qtr and a half.

4th Qtr:
8 of 13 (61%) 0 TDs, 2 sacks

4th Qtr Drives:
Punt (3 & Out) 1 yd
Punt (3 & Out) 9 yds
TO downs (sack) 54 yds
End game (sack) 40 yds
This says absolutely nothing if we don't know what plays are run on the 3 and outs.

I thought Jones was fine on all those plays. He was underneath and he did his job.

Unfortunately, we have a problem at FS. McCourty was supposed to be there all 3 times, but was too slow to get there. ALL THREE TIMES.
He has always been a step away from making a play.

The people saying the game is fixed should just stop watching football and stop posting since they won’t be watching football anymore. Why watch a fixed contest?
Kenan Thompson Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live

Are you referring to his helmet slam when the game ended?

Posters that were at the games last year were pointing out McCourty stood out like a sore thumb being slow at reacting to plays.
I was at the playoff game. I was sure you couldn't see what he was doing he was so far back. When I saw some of the replay, sure enough McCourty was always out of the picture. I had 1st level seats at the 10 in Buffalo and you could see McKenzie in motion with McCourty tracking him trying to sprint, and he was late every time. It was frustrating because you could see what was about to happen long before the snap.

I’d like to know what the thought process is behind the games we’ve won. Did the NFL fix those games against our opponents? Did the better team actually lose those games? Or do they just arbitrary decide to fix every game in which the Patriots lose?

I don't think the refs are fixing anything ever.

But I don't trust the front office.

The 2017 Super Bowl with replay review courtesy of Troy Vincent told me all I needed to know about the NFL cooking things against the Patriots.

I mean the Corey Clement TD was a clear bobble on replay. They let it stand

It might have been if they called the blatant hold on that return.
MIN: 4 TD, 2 FG = 6 scores
NEP: 2 TD, 4 FG = 6 scores

If the NFL counted times scored equally, we would've won since they missed an XP.

Mac has completed 72.5% of his passes the last 4 weeks. That's the best completion rate in that span and he could be a little bit higher if it was for a couple of drops and timing miscues by the receiver.

342807f934d652b75dd2ab21596ecf50.png

I’d like to know what the thought process is behind the games we’ve won. Did the NFL fix those games against our opponents? Did the better team actually lose those games? Or do they just arbitrary decide to fix every game in which the Patriots lose?

The 2017 Super Bowl with replay review courtesy of Troy Vincent told me all I needed to know about the NFL cooking things against the Patriots.

I don't think it's fixed, so let's get that over with first. I do think if NY can insert themselves and try to control the product, they will. Perhaps this comes from being a child of the Nixon administration, I dunno. People in power will abuse the power. I already believe the league as a whole is terribly corrupt, so it's just a nudge for me to think that they will try to control the game in some aspect. Not as far as trying to screw the Patriots, but trying to wring every last dollar out of it. Now don't ask me how overturning the catch somehow makes them more money... I do not have an answer on that. Is it better ratings to keep it close? Does it affect the online betting mid-game? I don't have the "deep cut" analysis available to know those matrixes or whatever. I know I just don't trust them to not eff it up, given the opportunity. In the end, players play and no matter what the league offices might want the outcome to be, the players decide the game on the field. The Patriots had opportunity to overcome this call and did not do it. This was a winnable game.

It absolutely is. Great coaching forces a team to play disciplined and smart...or it gets players who will.

Saying Mac doesn't have talent is complete biased BS. Please.
As other have noted, the Viking defense is suspect.

The trick play was illegal as well. That was a horribly officiated game.

But not calling in the grasp/holding in Super Bowl 42 will always haunt me.

This says absolutely nothing if we don't know what plays are run on the 3 and outs.
Back to blaming Patricia for Mac eating the ball and being sacked.

Run defense has been great all year. God, Guy and the boys have been really, stout in the middle. Again against the Vikings.
Absolutely, they have been pretty stout, how whole different dynamic against Buffalo..

Go play Madden, kid. There were ZERO questionable fourth down decisions in the last two games; when you have the chance to take the points, you take them.
?? Might need to get your eyes checked 4 and inches inside the jets 5 and bb decided to kick a FG.

4th and 3 on your own 45 line he then decided to go for it.. did you witness that? I have 20/20 vision.. maybe my brand new 80 inch screen isn't working I'll get it checked out.. And BTW I'm a grown man I don't play video games..

On 3rd down, the Pats were successful 30% of the time converting 3 of 10. The Pats relied too heavily on the defense to win the game.

The Vikings were successful on 3rd downs 53% of the time converting 8 of 15. Add them both stats up and you have the Vikings with ball for over 12 minutes more than NE.

True, and factual with everything stated. Some of the calls in the NFL each season are so noticeable like the HH one .. he absolutely broke the plane..

However 2 weeks ago in Buffalo Gabe Davis play was incomplete and so many others.. these types of plays determine the outcome of games.
Sometime we are on the winning end Sometime we aren't I take it all in good faith..
Agree to that .

Sometimes the football gods are with us ... Jets game .. sometimes not.. yesterday.

Do we feel bad about yesterday's game. Yes. But is everything lost.. no.

There were a bunch of positives from yesterday's game.

1. Mac's confidence is back and he can make the deep throws.
  2. Patricia play calling was surprisingly good and we can drink and dunk and sprinkle in occasional deep ball
  3. We got a first quarter TD
  4. Offensive line was much better depaite missing Andrews and Wynn. If Brown comes back to form along with Andrews we can be a potent force .
Now should we be constantly whining after a game like yesterday. Yes we did not win , but there were more positives than negatives. We completed and lost and did not falter. Special teams had a rough day and that coated us 14 points. Very few teams can come back from that . Add to that officiating was not that helpful to us.

For all those clamoring for new coaches, please let us know which star coach is there in the pipeline that wants to join us?

We got lucky, we had Brady and belichick for 20 years . That era is over. We need to come back to earth and that's what happening.

Every week we feel the team has a chance. They might not be winning with regularity but the fight is there. We take short term decisions and we become the jets . Leave apart chiefs, bills, bengals and chargers nobody has yet found the answer to sustainable QB play.

We will get one or 2 bonafide playmaker s from draft on next 2 drafts . Till then let's be patient .

Looking at wise growth , I would state we need to be a bit more patient with all our players and focus on signing a strong middle class . This way we build an above average team that can get hot as playoffs come.

we missed Andrews , Harris, Meyers on offense this game and still did well.

short week more mental mistakes which are correctable.

our next 6 games do not feature powered defenses. So w ecan definitely compete.

all that had to go wrong went wrong this game.

maybe next week lady luck smiles on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye