PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Saints beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

He took 11 QB hits !! Watch the replay, he is running for his life all day. Did you not see how his first INT happened, he was literally hit on 3 straight crappy pass plays in a row.
Again, holding the ball too long. Young QB's are not decisive. I could have told you before the season, this was going to happen. Some QB's make the job of the OL easier, young QB's do not.

Again, holding the ball too long. Young QB's are not decisive. I could have told you before the season, this was going to happen. Some QB's make the job of the OL easier, young QB's do not.

Mac can't win with idiots. Last week he was supposedly throwing too quickly/short. Wtf ??

No. The root problem is the OLine sucks. The oc can call all the sh-tty shotgun plays he wants, when there is no pass protection you either get a ton of quick throws, or a lot of turnovers as your QB forces long throws that aren't there because his dumb OC and mediots want to see him throw downfield more despite zero pass protection.

Dont you think defenses are going to take that away and make him throw over the top?

You're already penciling in a loss next week? First time the Pats won the SB they started 1-3.
No. I’m saying that they have not lost the first 2 home games since 2000 and, if they lose next week, go 0-3 for the first time since 1993. It is a historically bad start. Statistically, this type of start is predictive of not making the playoffs. Not impossible, just not likely. Of course we are all hoping they beat the odds.

I know it's beside your point, but today's rules keep Bledsoe healthy and TFB off the field for his rookie deal.
Um okay, edit. I can't figure out why I think this. I mean, that hit's not illegal, Drew's just full on playing RB there, no slide, head first, feet first, nothin'. You have to think when a QB is about to be out of bounds now, you let his momentum take him there... bc there's so much attention on not destroying them.

No. I’m saying that they have not lost the first 2 home games since 2000 and, if they lose next week, go 0-3 for the first time since 1993. It is a historically bad start. Statistically, this type of start is predictive of not making the playoffs. Not impossible, just not likely. Of course we are all hoping they beat the odds.

The Patriots look a ton like the league-worst 2011 St Louis Rams and the 2010 Denver Broncos who lost 17 of its 22 games before firing a cancerous overrated coach.

Last edited:
I think it’s kinda silly to suggest that Belichick’s job may be on the line. If the Pats go 1-16, then yeah, he probably gets the boot, so would the entire staff. But if they go 6-11 or 7-10, Belichick will be back next year. I think Kraft knows this wasn’t an easy fix, even with the huge amount of money spent. This will take a few years.

After next week they will be 1-3, but then the schedule gets a little easier, especially the defenses they will face. Texans, Jets and Panthers (I don’t think they are a great team) in 3 of the next 5, tough ones vs Dallas and Chargers. So I can see the Pats go 3-2 in those 5 games, and after starting 1-3 and being 4-5 at the semi halfway mark. Not great, but not horrible in year 2 of the 5 year rebuilding plan.
Want to know when it’s near the end for Bill in NE? Listen to the locker room. If it really is time for Bill to go we will see tells of that nature come out of leaders like D-Mac and Slater. Stuff about leadership, not buying into the program and so on.

There’s absolutely nothing like that going on. Bill’s job is as safe as it can be at this time.

As for being 1-3, if that happens it’s a hole to climb out of for sure but at least 1/3 conference losses is better than 3/3. They have the Texans right after that which should be cake and get this team back on the right path.

Want to know when it’s near the end for Bill in NE? Listen to the locker room. If it really is time for Bill to go we will see tells of that nature come out of leaders like D-Mac and Slater. Stuff about leadership, not buying into the program and so on.

There’s absolutely nothing like that going on. Bill’s job is as safe as it can be at this time.

As for being 1-3, if that happens it’s a hole to climb out of for sure but at least 1/3 conference losses is better than 3/3. They have the Texans right after that which should be cake and get this team back on the right path.
I like your point but who can forget reports like "this team hates its coach." My point is "oh, no big, he's lost the locker room before." It's more that somebody will get bored and write that he has.

Fun fact - Last season Brady lost both his regular season games and threw 5 interceptions compared to 2 touchdowns against the Saints.

They have a rookie QB . For the first time in 20 + yrs. That much analysis covers most of the team performance. Oline is an issue . The QB gets more mature and makes quicker decisions it will help the line as well. At the end of the day, the defense really needs to be lights out and they dont have that .

This is what a rebuild feels like. Anybody who thought we’d be 3-0 right now was not thinking clearly. Second half of the season is when we will see this team.
But but but, we won the offseason. Not fair, I was duped.

But but but, we won the offseason. Not fair, I was duped.

This wasn’t a rebuild…lol…how many times does this need to be said? All offseason, the homers shut down any talk about this. It would be great to see a bunch of young, developing players out there making all these mental mistakes and learning, and knowing they’ll get better. This is just watching mercenary veterans who aren’t very good and got absurdly overpaid.

This was a desperate knee jerk “rebuild” plan where Julio Jones too pricey, we’re too broke to pay game-changing Stephon Gilmore, but we just eked enough money to set a free agency spending record on guys who weren’t valuable enough to get franchise’d.

Bob Kraft sells the fan base on finding a “market advantage” on these signings...lol

Frustrating game, but the reality is that there will likely be more frustration ahead. To beat decent teams we basically will have to play mistake free football. Our talent level and having a rookie QB don’t allow for much room for mistakes.

The coaching has a lot to answer for though. We’ve lost at home to Tua and to Winston,...not really a couple of HOFers. Brady isn’t there to bail this team out. Belichick and McDaniels need to step it up.

That's fair. I was putting words into your mouth after rereading the thread.

This wasn’t a rebuild…lol…how many times does this need to be said? All offseason, the homers shut down any talk about this. It would be great to see a bunch of young, developing players out there making all these mental mistakes and learning, and knowing they’ll get better. This is just watching mercenary veterans who aren’t very good and got absurdly overpaid.

This was a desperate knee jerk “rebuild” plan where Julio Jones too pricey, we’re too broke to pay game-changing Stephon Gilmore, but we just eked enough money to set a free agency spending record on guys who weren’t valuable enough to get franchise’d.

Bob Kraft sells the fan base on finding a “market advantage” on these signings...lol

I hate foreseeing things but, at what point does it become appropriate to talk about trading McCourty / Hightower / Gilmore for something so that some young guys can get a lot of quality snaps. Maybe 2-3 more weeks....

Saints came in angry and just beat the Pats to every spot. We've seen games like this several times in weeks three or four, so I won't press the panic button just yet.

Team has a long was to go, obviously. The OL remains a huge concern - Saints were blitzing constantly and the way you beat that is with quick hit slants, dumps and draws. Pats did none of that.

Some of the folks here are really absurd, though. BB ain't getting fired. Jonnu Smith had a terrible game, but no, he doesn't stink at all. News flash: sometimes people have bad games.

They'll get better as the year goes on. Rookie QB, ya know. See what Fields did today? 9 sacks. 9. He was awful.

Worst thing today was watching Sony play very well in LA. Flipped one blitzer upside down...can't believe they traded him, particularly if they're really so down on Taylor and Stevenson. Ah well, this is what rebuilding looks like. The whole team was flat today, pretty much. Thought Barmore played well pushing the pocket. Judon is as advertised. Bourne took some steps forward.

The playcalling was atrocious from the get-go. They get the Saints 3 and out, then gain 7 on first down, and launch two incomplete bombs. I mean, seriously. Get the damned first down. Keep the Saints off the field. Yuck.

Thats FA in today's NFL. Teams have the opportunity to rebuild in 1-2 years and not 5-7 years. Are you faulting BB for taking advantage of a system already in place?

If you want to say he signed the wrong players that is fine.

They have money to pay Gilly. They just refuse to do so.

Saints came in angry and just beat the Pats to every spot. We've seen games like this several times in weeks three or four, so I won't press the panic button just yet.

Team has a long was to go, obviously. The OL remains a huge concern - Saints were blitzing constantly and the way you beat that is with quick hit slants, dumps and draws. Pats did none of that.

Some of the folks here are really absurd, though. BB ain't getting fired. Jonnu Smith had a terrible game, but no, he doesn't stink at all. News flash: sometimes people have bad games.

They'll get better as the year goes on. Rookie QB, ya know. See what Fields did today? 9 sacks. 9. He was awful.

Worst thing today was watching Sony play very well in LA. Flipped one blitzer upside down...can't believe they traded him, particularly if they're really so down on Taylor and Stevenson. Ah well, this is what rebuilding looks like. The whole team was flat today, pretty much. Thought Barmore played well pushing the pocket. Judon is as advertised. Bourne took some steps forward.

The playcalling was atrocious from the get-go. They get the Saints 3 and out, then gain 7 on first down, and launch two incomplete bombs. I mean, seriously. Get the damned first down. Keep the Saints off the field. Yuck.

The Pata offense went 3 and out, 3 straight drives to start the game. Talk about an oc spending a week game planning but simply not smart enough against nfl defenses right now. Step1 is admitting our OLine sucks. Step2 is stop calling plays that immediately fail because they rely on extended pass protection.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back