PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Saints beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

1st one was. He should have taken the sack. 2nd absolutely was on Smith.
Not that it really matters but the third one is his fault too. You keep throwing 50/50 balls eventually one's going to be picked.

I think Mac could still be a decent quarterback but anyway you look at it it was a horrible day for him.

I understand what you're saying, we're always very good as the underdog, but if we don't play any better than we did today, we're not going to be able to beat too many NFL teams.
True.

And what I failed to mention is the QB Bill has won these hyped up games with happens to be playing on the opposition this time.

I just have a hard time seeing the Patriots lose three home games in 21 days. Like when has that happened. 25 years ago?

Absolute embarrassment today. Mac Jones is a good QB, the rest of the offense was awful. Jonnu Smith is bad. Hunter Henry has been invisible. The front office traded for a OLman who spent all last season pretending to have a bad calf injury and is doing the same thing here. Josh calling two Brandon Bolden runs when we needed a TD was a joke and I would think about a demotion after that nonsense.

Defense? Jalen Mills is a bad #2 CB and I didn't get that signing when it happened, but that's not my biggest complaint. The pass rush was supposed to be our strength (and get pressure sometimes), and when crunch time happens and we try to get pressure on Winston we get...NOTHING. No created pressure, no extra bodies sent trying to get Winston confused. It was the most gutless display of defensive play calling I have seen from this team in years and embarrassed me as a fan.

Brady will score 100 next week against this timid, cowardice excuse for a defense.

Nobody thought this was possible

this team has a very heavy second half 1999 Pete Carroll Patriots vibe to it

Not that it really matters but the third one is his fault too. You keep throwing 50/50 balls eventually one's going to be picked.

I think Mac could still be a decent quarterback but anyway you look at it it was a horrible day for him.
This what happens when his line didn't protect him, they couldn't run the ball, the D gives up key 3rd downs, they are losing and receivers drop passes thrown to their hands.

Bad teams are bad for rookie QBs

Legitimate question. Now, let me start this post by saying that I am NOT one of those Belichick haters and this post isn't a hot take. Just a question.

If this season ends badly, how many more seasons does Belichick get to right the ship? In everyones opinion. He may be the goat coach but it doesnt mean change may be needed one day. Again, not a hot take. Just a question.

The season isn't over at week 3 but it's alarming how every phase of the game looks bad, and the general sense of sloppiness.

Definitely feels like a team still trying to find its groove and may find it too late to go anywhere this year. Obviously a lot of games left to be played though so we'll see. The rookie QB looks better than I expected but the OL and, by extension, the RBs look a lot worse. Not really sure what the answer is there, as I've said before - Brown coming back doesn't magically fix everything wrong there.

Not too worried about the defense at the moment. One of the TDs was a pick-6 and another was some sort of weird blown-coverage streak they had going... they faced multiple short fields and stood their ground, they forced multiple 3-and-outs to give the offense chances but couldn't get that last one. Who knows if the offense would've been able to make it count, anyway.

I can definitely see the team mostly solidifying over time at most positions but the OL is puzzling.

I'll keep this extremely short, have had alot to drink and very little time to decompress.

Jonnu Smith. WTF?!

Oline depth. WTF?!

Featuring Bolden over Harris. WTF?!

I have to ask: if Brown isn't playing next week, has Onwenu actually forgotten how to play RT? Cause it seems like LG Karras-RT Onwenu would put more talent on the line than LG Onwenu-RT [this].

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back