PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Saints beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

The season isn't over at week 3 but it's alarming how every phase of the game looks bad, and the general sense of sloppiness.
At least they improved on penalties

Legitimate question. Now, let me start this post by saying that I am NOT one of those Belichick haters and this post isn't a hot take. Just a question.

If this season ends badly, how many more seasons does Belichick get to right the ship? In everyones opinion. He may be the goat coach but it doesnt mean change may be needed one day. Again, not a hot take. Just a question.
I think he has a significantly long rope. Guys like John Harbaugh and Mike Tomlin have had multiple losing seasons. No reason to think Bill would be on some kind of "hot seat" if he has a couple rough years with one being the "Year of COVID" and the other being with a rookie QB.

People shouldn't give up. 3 games against jacksonville, houston and ny jets are almost sure wins!

Smith can't be that bad. Belichick wouldn't have signed him if he were. The OL can only play better!

Not your fault Mac. Jonu Smith, please leave this team now, you are not a pro TE. Your lack of concentration killed us today!

this game was a big old YIKES.

Jonnu Smith looks like he might be a bust, he had such a bad game I'd seriously consider investigating to see if he put money on the saints.

Third year in a row we can't stop the run, like at all.

The O-Line is legit bad.

Gotta feel bad for mac after this one, two int's going off the hands of the recievers. just ****ing miserable.

The season isn't over at week 3 but it's alarming how every phase of the game looks bad, and the general sense of sloppiness.

During the game there was a stat that showed teams that start 1-2 make the playoffs 25% of the time. I can only assume that after a 1-3 start it's much less. Add to the fact the Patriots have a tough schedule It's going to be nearly impossible for them to make the playoffs.

Legitimate question. Now, let me start this post by saying that I am NOT one of those Belichick haters and this post isn't a hot take. Just a question.

If this season ends badly, how many more seasons does Belichick get to right the ship? In everyones opinion. He may be the goat coach but it doesnt mean change may be needed one day. Again, not a hot take. Just a question.

They should be a playoff team by next year, thats year 3 of the rebuild. If not it he’s still probably the goat but it will affect his legacy for sure to struggle that much without tom.

Who do you replace him with? That's got to be the big question.

I don't think Bill gets fired.

Brighter days are ahead.

When Kraft looks at his balance sheet at the end of the year and sees the return on investment, I’m sure that will have a part to play…

Take away a few positives. Judon has been and was a stud today. Having an up and coming Uche in there will only make them better. Also I thought the interior pressure was good on the defensive side today with Wise, Barmore and Godchaux. Overall, with the return of Gilmore this defense is going to be really scary again soon.

Oline tackles were awful today. Interior guards and center played ho hum bad to ok but tackles were putrid.

Good to see Bourne get involved today. Henry stuck out as open and capable. I’d love to defend Smith but today just wasn’t his day.

Mac Jones is just a rookie. A very good one btw. Very surprised by the oline issues. Can’t even blame him for the pressure he’s facing because it seems the pressure is coming as soon as the ball is hiked. My best advise to look at the quick slant run by Bourne in the 4th quarter that you connected on. Those are the types of plays that if you hit over and over will force the defensive coordinator to change his calling. Hear that Josh? How many times did we see that today? I’m no Josh hater but he’s been pretty bad this year so far.

Last week people complained mac and jmd didn't push the ball. This week they tried and hammered... Dont plan on running next week against tampa... They should really think about leaving tightends to block. Every team is going to try to takevaway the short quick stuff

O-Line was supposed to be good. What a disappointment. Mac's not going to last the season if he keeps taking hits like this.

People shouldn't give up. 3 games against jacksonville, houston and ny jets are almost sure wins!

Smith can't be that bad. Belichick wouldn't have signed him if he were. The OL can only play better!
ok, so they finish 5-12 or 6-11....maybe 7-10

as Michael Ray Richardson once said, "the ship be sinkin' "

Trying to put lipstick on today's pig showing:

Fields 6/20 for 68yds (9 sacks so ONE YARD of passing offense). Total yards by the offense: 47.

Offense looked completely flabbergasted NO brought pressure.
Did Brady also take all the coaching IQ with him?

If it wasn't already obvious and apparent, we have a fraud OC and Brady carried him for 15 yrs. This fraud OC has had 4 different crap seasons now without brady carrying him

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back