PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Ravens beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Crazy defensive formation and was this really holding on Wynn?

Bourne's playing time has nothing to do with how much Lil Jordan is playing.

Looks like it was Henry's block that allowed Rham to get around the edge.

That poster I don't even think realized that Tavai plays a totally different position than Bourne and isn't even on the offensive side of the ball....lol, can' t make it up
I do realize where Tavai plays. He should have zero snaps on defense because he sucks. Bourne should have his 18 + Tavai's 20 for 38 on offense because he doesn't suck & is productive (2nd most productive WR despite limited snaps. Again).

But Tavai is Patricia's boy & he dislikes Bourne for some reason.

20220924_143945.jpg

On this very thread I've read we need a coach from the Shanahan coaching tree (what about Shanahan has impressed you this evening? And has he been able to coach up Trey Lance properly?); also read we should've traded for Garoppolo (what is it about tonight that tells you that?). So much of this stuff reminds me of the replace Brady, he's cooked! shouts in this board in 2019. Then we got Cam Newton. Last year it was more than one guy ranting about getting rid of McDaniels. So now Patricia stepped in. You guys remind me of Chelsea FC fans who always want everyone replaced (sorry for the soccer reference).
A big problem is people look at the result and not the reason and just want quick fixes that don't exist. Jimmy can't win Super Bowls when his team is one of the most talented teams in the league, he's also one of the more injury prone QB's in the league. When the team sucked and Brady did bad, people said get rid of him. He went somewhere with talent and won a ring and had two MVP caliber years which proved wrong the idea that he was the issue. We have since not had a QB who was even at his 2019 level. We blamed Cam in 2020, when Stidham and Hoyer went in they were worse. Now we are having similar issues and Mac is the guy and it's supposed to be his fault.

When something is going on for 4 seasons (2019, 2020, 2021, and now 2022) and people leave and look better elsewhere, the problem is more than one guy being an issue.

Onwenu and Brown are our two best O-lineman, no surprises below:

Idk. The Rams sold out for one ring. We’ll see.
Since 2018 they went to two Super Bowls and were one drive away from potentially winning one and then won the other. They also did it with two QB's so you can kinda say the coaches and system which are unlikely to change are more important. Everyone always says the Rams are morgatging the future, but they've been doing this for almost 5 to 6 years at this point. They might just be very good at playing the cap and roster construction

A big problem is people look at the result and not the reason and just want quick fixes that don't exist. Jimmy can't win Super Bowls when his team is one of the most talented teams in the league, he's also one of the more injury prone QB's in the league. When the team sucked and Brady did bad, people said get rid of him. He went somewhere with talent and won a ring and had two MVP caliber years which proved wrong the idea that he was the issue. We have since not had a QB who was even at his 2019 level. We blamed Cam in 2020, when Stidham and Hoyer went in they were worse. Now we are having similar issues and Mac is the guy and it's supposed to be his fault.

When something is going on for 4 seasons (2019, 2020, 2021, and now 2022) and people leave and look better elsewhere, the problem is more than one guy being an issue.
But there can be varied explanations. 2020 mess of a covid year is a wash for me. It doesn't even count, and not only because Cam Newton was the QB.

The main reason is that we didn't bring in players.

We started the rebuild last year.

Next year we will not have a SINGLE Super Bowl player from the 2019 team other than Andrews (assuming McCourty and Slater retire).

We have a QB who is 20 games into his NFL career.

We lost our OC and a bunch of other coaches and are now transitioning.

There is no better coach than Belichick in the NFL who has repeatedly shown he is good at these transitions of players and coaches. Even before Brady he's done it with defenses.

People need to remember that back in 2001, the other GMs voted the Patriots the least talented team in the league in terms of personnel.

Since 2018 they went to two Super Bowls and were one drive away from potentially winning one and then won the other. They also did it with two QB's so you can kinda say the coaches and system which are unlikely to change are more important. Everyone always says the Rams are morgatging the future, but they've been doing this for almost 5 to 6 years at this point. They might just be very good at playing the cap and roster construction
They were thoroughly depantsed in the 2019 Super Bowl. A top 10 NFL offense in history somehow scored the lowest amount of points ever. 3.

Then last year they played the Bungles. It looked like pattycake out there. Barely any tackling. The level of play last year was sad.

Lamar has been great this year not just vs the Pats

Dont they block .....lol
Yeah they are having Tons of problems using both guys at the same time its almost nonexistent now. HHenry is the Biggest surprise because as the Bigger TE he's an Atrocious Blocker he's next to useless now. I think Smith got more snaps than him yesterday which is very telling and disappointing Jonnnu Smith is not known as a good Blocker.

Yeah they are having Tons of problems using both guys at the same time its almost nonexistent now. HHenry is the Biggest surprise because as the Bigger TE he's an Atrocious Blocker he's next to useless now. I think Smith got more snaps than him yesterday which is very telling and disappointing Jonnnu Smith is not known as a good Blocker.
Yip......Henry was good last year , but now in 3 games he has been invisible. Smith has had a few plays and has shown something but disapointing all round. I have no idea what is going on there.

I do realize where Tavai plays. He should have zero snaps on defense because he sucks.

I'll grant you that Tavai didn't do much in his 20 defensive snaps this week against the Ravens. But last week against the Steelers, Tavai played for 20 defensive snaps where he had 4 tackles (1 for a loss), one QB hit and a sack. That was not sucking.

Smith is ranked #8 in pass blocking and #54 in run blocking.

Nelson Agholor had a good and Two negative impacts in all three games. Two of his fumbles just sucked the life out of the Team. We know your are trying Nelson just protect the Football man.

Nelson Agholor had a good and Two negative impacts in all three games. Two of his fumbles just sucked the life out of the Team. We know your are trying Nelson just protect the Football man.
He's getting open and making plays, but you're right, he has to hold onto the football. Those fumbles are literally game changers.

So we now know that, as some of us were saying, Parker blew the play ("miscommunication") on that INT in the end zone. Does that change people's mind about how Jones played, even a little bit?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back