PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats Destroy the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

nvukVKP.jpg
This meme will last in infamy….is that Fireman Fred or Moe Howard?!?! :))

I said it in the GDT and will say it again here. Mac Jones (with 9 passing TDs this season) already has more passing TDs than Cam did all of last season. I know .. such a low bar that the world record holder for the LIMBO wouldn't have had trouble with the bar 6 inches off the ground (with a 40 inch waist). Love me some Mac.

OL looked WAY better with Onwenu at RT and Karras covering LG duties... Many of us have been hoping for that move for a while, glad to see it. Very curious what exactly they'll do when Brown comes back... I have to wonder if he'll play LT.
@Joker - BWAMO is still in play :haha:

Mac Jones since Week 1 has not had a baffled-looking "Welcome to the NFL" week

That might be because nobody put it all on him demanding fantasy numbers - they're clearly going with "make smart choices, play within yourself, and when you think you can do more than that stay humble"

He looks effing amazing if what you want is to have the next franchise QB. If you want him to be worth more in your fantasy league, meh, it's a good week to have him, and he'll get you a consistent diet. Pre-07 Brady style development. In fact he reminds me a lot of Brady01.

Great confidence boosting game.. Even if it is the Jets..

Concerns:
INJURIES: DMac, Jonnu, Mason, Langi, Carl Davis

Sightings: Dugger, Uche, Harry, Olszewski
Great to see Dugger with his second Int in as many weeks.
Uche was ineffective in the Pass rush, but he was in the right place for that fumble recovery.
Harry with a great catch up and over the defender and coming down with it.
Olszewski getting some reps in the Passing game. Also was solid blocking in the running game.

Other notes:
Mac Jones started 13 for 23. Finishes 24 for 36.. But he was taking deeper shots than in previous weeks. 12.79 YPR
Harris ran roughshod over the Jets.. 14 for 106 and 2 TDs. 7.57 YPC
Brandon Bolden was our leading receiver with 6 catches for 79 yards..

Patriots NEED to add another CB. Someone who can play inside ad outside.. Especially with Jon Jones on the IR.. They don't really have anyone who can effectively cover the slot with Jones out.

Dunno about anyone else but I’d say that was not a moral victory by the Jets.
Moral victory guys - Zach Wilson didn't throw any picks this time!

No turnovers, they blocked well, limited penalties… everything that was hurting them offensively has looked better starting back in the Dallas game and got better this week. This team is finding themselves.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back