PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Titans

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I wouldn’t call it a great game and I’m not on the Super Bowl bound bandwagon yet but glad they took care of business today against a crippled team.

I wouldn’t call it a great game and I’m not on the Super Bowl bound bandwagon yet but glad they took care of business today against a crippled team.
If they beat the Bills once or even twice, put me on the bandwagon for that.

Reactions: sb1
I think that Bill wanted to take away the pass and force the Titans to run the ball.. The one BIG run was a result of Hightower being held by the Titan's O-lineman and it not being called.

Numerous posters mentioned holding by the Titans all game long,.

I liked that the Pats spread the ball around.. Wish they would have gotten Stevenson more involved, since he seemed to be running better than Harris.

Nice to see Jonnu Smith and Bourne with such big plays. Bourne is reminding me of a bigger Deion Branch.

It certainly wasn't all pretty but this stat tells promising long term story:

and of course 0 turnovers.

While lucky a couple of times . this shows the frame of sustainability . esp. executed vs stout “inside job“ D..

-.-

He’s not going to win MVP based on what they use as criteria. Doesn’t have the stats. But he’s playing his part to near perfection, and that’s opening it up for everyone else. He doesn’t have an alpha dog at WR or TE.

Another great win and no injuries i can think of. Sets up a huge showdown with buffalo. Win that one and theres not much the skeptics can say here, itll be a battle.

Offense was outstanding today, they are getting better and better. Nice to see jonnu featured more. Bourne and meyers obviously came up huge. Mac had some key misfires but overall great as well.

run d was concerning but the d did what all the great defenses have done, found ways and opportunities to stop them. It was a classic performance like in the hayday whenever we would show some vulnerabilities but buckle down when it mattered.

overall you gotta feel great about this team. They can beat you in so many ways. They are physical and not overreliant on any one weapon. We are going to be a tough out.

Did anyone else know that Mac’s real name is Mike?

I think he at least took the lead for OROY today.

With Chase’s production slowing down since the Ravens game, I think Jones is now the favorite for OROY. But the only award I care about him getting this year is Super Bowl MVP. They need to play better than today in the playoffs for that to happen.

the one major negative was run D. Imagine if Henry was running it. Don't know what happened, but maybe facing backup RB's the last 3 weeks has given some false positives on our run D. But, these ballhawks were able to force enough TO's to not let it destroy us. Also, our run game was really unproductive until the 4th qtr. But Mac made some huge plays when we needed them. Meyers and Bourne are legit starting WR's
Mills also showed up on some huge plays.
If Henry played the run d would have been better because we would have had a game plan based upon Henry playing.
11/21 for 85 yards doesn’t happen if you aren’t putting much heavier emphasis on the pass.
A lot of running yards and 13 points allowed is the defense winning.

Last edited:
Play of the game was Mac celebrating a first down after his run....when he was 3 yards short. I'm sure his teammates will give him a hard time about that this week. :rofl:

Great win today.

Jones keeps getting better. Not every ball is going to be a great throw, but Jones made a ton of nice and his pre snap reads are incredible.

every team we play for the rest of the year should be running the ball down our throats. Our defensive line was stuck on blocks all game long.

Dugger is unsung hero to me again. When he was drafted despite playing for a small school he was an athletic freak. After his rookie year he's been proving he is a real deal and natural DMac replacement.
BTW - I love McCourty but it is time to step out.
Dugger is the Chung replacement not the McCourty replacement although he is capable of playing all 3 safety spots well.

Play of the game was Mac celebrating a first down after his run....when he was 3 yards short. I'm sure his teammates will give him a hard time about that this week. :rofl:
I think he expected the flag for helmet to helmet hit.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back